AARRGH! Why didn't you tell me that...

For over a year I've been desinging scenarios, and when adjusting ammo loads I have endured the tedium of clicking on the "+" sign to increase ammo. This is a real pain when you have many infantry units.

Today, I discovered that by holding down the shift button, you can max out the ammo loads quickly!! ALL THAT TIME WASTED!!!

So here is my question - does anyone have a quick link to all the hidden shortcuts in the editor?

I don't know any quick shortcuts, but what you discovered is a pretty common convention in editor programs. Shift and Ctrl, and very rarely Alt will often induce multipliers. Shift may be x10 and ctrl x100.

Other items include the use of PageUp/PageDown to maximize/zero out values (or Home and End), holding down the mouse button rather than constantly clicking, right-clicking, etc.

Yeah I didn't discover that for over a year. Most annoying was discovering that I'd miss the change that allowed you to increase or decrease the size of the map from any side!

I say we blame Moon for not forcing us to read the manual in detail!

Hans, that was completely new to me. I have been bemoaning the lack of such a feature for a long time, using Mapping Mission have made it posible to evade the problems but it's nice to see that it's possible in the editor too. Ii's only in CMAK, right?

Originally posted by Hans:

Yeah I didn't discover that for over a year. Most annoying was discovering that I'd miss the change that allowed you to increase or decrease the size of the map from any side!

You can? Hey that actually helps! Thanks.

Cheerio

Dandelion

not 100% sure that these work in cmak...

from cmbo faq:

How can I get a copy of the briefing?

"Hold down Ctrl and Shift and hit the Load Briefings button." -wolfe

How do I make reinforcements arrive in good order, rather than all jumbled up?

"break your reinforcements up into 5 groups and use all the reinforcement slots" -Berlichtingen

How do I set the initial view for each side when the scenario starts?

Before you exit the editor, move the camera to the view that you want the Allied player to see when the game starts. Then for the Axis player, press "\", no quotes (not the turn 180 degrees key, other slash), then set the camera view. Press GO! and then save it.

neat stuff written for cmbo that probably works in cmak:

http://users.pandora.be/aneric/tipsindex.htm