Cheery Waffles, TNT, and Maggots, oh my!

Wallybob

• Replies 276
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by Snarker:

Do I have to use that wimpy little mountain climbers hammer or can I use a honkin' eight pound sledge? :mad: :mad: :mad:

For a <font size=1>penguin</font size=1> like him, you'll probably need to do a John Henry, using a sledge in each hand. <font size=1>Penguin</font size=1> foreheads can be awfully thick, and in most cases the entire head is solid. We're talking densities like reinforced concrete here. tongue.gif:D:D

What could be more alike than <font size=1>penguin</font size=1> heads and density? Don't they go together like green eggs and ham? :D

[ March 02, 2004, 08:52 PM: Message edited by: Dave H ]

Originally posted by Dave H:

Don't they go together like green eggs and ham? :D

My grandmother used to make green eggs and strangely enough it was through poaching them in country ham grease and coffee grounds. Think that's where Suess got the idea for the story. Maybe. :mad:

{edited to add: coffee grounds}

Did you know it would ahve been Seuss's 100th birthday today? Adn that Green Eggs and ham was written in response to a wager to write a book using less than 50 different words?

Well ya do now Maggots!! tongue.gif

Originally posted by Mike:

Perhaps a manly expression of respect for a worthy foe?

I thought for sure Snarker would have answered: "Sure. Just as soon as I get one."

He's being soft on me out of respect, methinks.

His strategic error.

Mwahahahahahahaha!!!! :mad: :mad: :mad:

Did you know it would ahve been Seuss's 100th birthday today? Adn that Green Eggs and ham was written in response to a wager to write a book using less than 50 different words?

Well ya do now Maggots!! tongue.gif

Where in Rip Van Winkle's beard entangled toes is my feckin turn? :mad:

And no, I did not know that. [seuss grog on]Got the reference for that bucko?[/seuss grog off] Interesting.

Originally posted by Axe2121:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Mike:

Perhaps a manly expression of respect for a worthy foe?

I thought for sure Snarker would have answered: "Sure. Just as soon as I get one."

He's being soft on me out of respect, methinks.

His strategic error.

Mwahahahahahahaha!!!! :mad: :mad: :mad: </font>

<font size = 8>Dr. SEUSS GROG!!</font>

:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

Originally posted by Becket:

Ooooh. New David Glantz books arriving this week

I've been talking with him by e-mail. Seems like a nice guy and pretty helpful in his willingness to get me a copy of Boldin's memoirs of the eastern front which has been out of print since 1961.

Only problem - it's not translated and I don't speak Russian. :mad: :mad: :mad:

Originally posted by Axe2121:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Becket:

Ooooh. New David Glantz books arriving this week

I've been talking with him by e-mail. Seems like a nice guy and pretty helpful in his willingness to get me a copy of Boldin's memoirs of the eastern front which has been out of print since 1961.

Only problem - it's not translated and I don't speak Russian. :mad: :mad: </font>