Cheery Waffles, TNT, and Maggots, oh my!

Wallybob

• Replies 276
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I haven't received a turn from Bisquit for ages! :mad:

I've heard rumours that Roo Badley has defeated 3 of the most tactically challenged maggots. Is this true, and on what turn did Axe surrender? :Dtongue.gif :mad:

Edit: :mad:

[ February 23, 2004, 10:33 AM: Message edited by: Keke ]

In the hierarchy of Stooge-dom, you could say I defeated characters on a level with Shemp, Joe Besser and Emil Sitka.

A dubious honor at best.

TAxed actually lasted well into the game, calling for a cease fire only after I had reduced all his StuGs and armored cars to molten slag and his troops either lay dying in the mud, running for the Fatherland or were looking in their German/English phrasebooks for the sentence, "Hey, Joe, I'll trade you my rifle for some gum."

Wise move on their parts.

Originally posted by Becket:

It only seems like the only times I post are to explain why my turns are late.

Sometimes, I make fun of Boo's obscenely disfigured nose, DaveH's low IQ, or the fact that Keke is actually from Idaho.

This time, though, I'm apologizing for late turns.

:mad: :mad:

So Cakey's not a Finn, he's a Spud?

It only seems like the only times I post are to explain why my turns are late.

Sometimes, I make fun of Boo's obscenely disfigured nose, DaveH's low IQ, or the fact that Keke is actually from Idaho.

This time, though, I'm apologizing for late turns.

:mad: :mad:

It only looks that way because I spend so much time thumbing it at you, you mincing little pasty wearer.

Hey! We made the news!

British doctors revive maggot treatment

LONDON, England (Reuters) --Starting this month, British doctors will be able to prescribe maggots to patients with infected wounds, a hospital official said.

He said the state National Health Service had realized that maggots were a cheaper and more beneficial way of treating wounds than using conventional medicine.

Patients would be able to treat themselves at home and avoid the possibility of picking up a hospital infection.

Maggots have been used for centuries to rid wounds of decaying flesh, but after the discovery of antibiotics their use went into decline.

"People didn't like the thought of creepy-crawlies on their skin," said Tony Fowler, customer services manager at the Princess of Wales Hospital in Bridgend, Wales.

"But now there is a renewed interest because of the problems caused by the over-use of antibiotics, and the NHS has seen the cost-effectiveness of maggots."

Research at the Princess of Wales Hospital confirmed that placing sterile maggots on wounds could make them heal faster than conventional medicine.

The creatures devour dead, infected tissue and kill off bacteria that could block the healing process without damaging surrounding tissue, since they cannot ingest healthy flesh.

Previously, patients could obtain sterile maggots only from certain hospitals and research centers.

story.maggot.jpg

Sometimes, I make fun of ... DaveH's low IQ ...

I always consider the source, and my expectations from an attorney aren't very high to begin with. tongue.giftongue.gif

It looks like I can't call you maggots any more, as they are the new superstars of medicine in the UK. Can the leeches be far behind? :D

Originally posted by YK2:

I wouldn't bother Keke

I got through to the last round on that little game Mike posted.. and last time I checked Snarker and the rest of the maggots where lying in a heap and spitting out their teeth... :eek: :D

Don't they do that on regular basis anyway? :confused: