I Challenge Cdrfar to tell Peng His Real Handle....

Hello darkness my old friend

I've come to talk with you again

Because a vision softly creeping

Left its seeds while, I was *honking*

And the vision that was planted in me brain

Still remains within the sound of *sniff*

In restless dreams I walked alone

Narrow streets of rubbered gnome

'Neath the halo of a street lamp

I turned me fungal-encrusted rump to the cold and damp

When my eyes were stabbed by the flash

Of a neon light that split the night

And touched the sound of *sniff*

And in the naked light I saw

Ten thousand Boos maybe more

Boos talking without speaking

Boos writing songs that voices never share

And no one dare disturb the sound of *sniff*

Fools said I, you do not know

*sniff* like a fungal infection grows

Hear me words that I might teach you

Take me hooves that I might reach you

But me words like silent raindrops fell

And echoed in the wells of *sniff*

And the people bowed and prayed

To the neon gnome they made

And the sign flashed out its warning

In the words that it was forming

And the signs said

The words of Nobbits are written

On the sub-way walls and tenement halls

And whisper'd in the sound of *sniff*

Well, I feel much better for that.

...well, I don't really. Garfunkle... pathetic.

Yeknod

[ March 08, 2004, 01:39 PM: Message edited by: Yeknodathon ]

• Replies 285
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by rune:

Not a map, a full scenario will be heading your way as soon as I get home from work.

Rune

Now rune, you know I never have any objections to your scenarios, especially the ones you send to other people, but I believe Mr Radley has established some pretty ironclad conditions for his all expense paid funeral. He seems to think that by allowing one of his former Squires to pick the forces that it will somehow give him an advantage.

I have no problem with playing another of your fine scenarios. But Boo, for good reason, is being quite picky about the set-up.

In the foolishness of compassion, I have left it to him to decide the parameters. You must gain his approval for this major shift in his grandiose scheme.

Originally posted by youngnfunky22: notices the Box O'wine half empty and thinks that may have something to do with it.....who wants some cheesey cake?
*Sits back in her chair sipping a nice glass of Vouvray*

If you think you can come in here with your nasty cheap box of wine, and grotty sweaty cheese cake *blurgh* and be Welcomed with open arms.. then you're mistaken young man...

*Pours cheap wine down the drain*

*Chucks cheesecake at YoungWetBehindTheEars*

Next time, try bringing something that's in a bottle and at least has a cork!

Originally posted by Jim Boggs:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by rune:

Not a map, a full scenario will be heading your way as soon as I get home from work.

Rune

Now rune, you know I never have any objections to your scenarios, especially the ones you send to other people, but I believe Mr Radley has established some pretty ironclad conditions for his all expense paid funeral. He seems to think that by allowing one of his former Squires to pick the forces that it will somehow give him an advantage.

I have no problem with playing another of your fine scenarios. But Boo, for good reason, is being quite picky about the set-up.

In the foolishness of compassion, I have left it to him to decide the parameters. You must gain his approval for this major shift in his grandiose scheme. </font>

The So It Shall BE!

I will embed Faux News reporters with my troops to ensure the AAR is fair and balanced.

rune

send your deviltry to the devil's disciple so he may choose his side and dispositions.

Then the contest may commence.

Post some pictures too, while you're at it. Why you ask? Well I have this uhm friend *yeah that's it*, a friend who is illiterate...

I shall be home by 8PM EST, be so kind as to have the file sent by then.

I should wait until 9:30 and then send you an old CMBB file.

Home by 8, huh? What? That gives you enough time to make it to the Early Bird dinner and then have a rousing game or two of bocce ball?

I was gonna do the whole song, but I figured it would be wasted on these cultural misfits.

"Machineguns on rooftops and HQ's in basements. Mortars that rain on my forward observers..."

Shall I continue? Hmmmm?

Originally posted by R Leete:

Shall I continue? Hmmmm?

You're rhyming ability is enough to make Julie Andrews want to come after you with a dentist's drill.

But in other news...

My Iron Corset defense is in place awaiting the onslaught of Boggs. This turn consisted of me hitting "GO" and then sending the turn. Knowing Boggs penchant for lack luster and utterly confused attacks, I see many more moves exactly like this one.

Oh my Gawd!! Was that a Julie Andrews moment? It was almost like the hills were alive or sumfink.

Well let's see what kind of contest rune has whipped up.

Hmmm...Italy, great! No desert! Boo wants the Americans...no problem...probably be defending against an American attack...heh heh! Italy rules for the defender...wha..wait a minute. I'M the attacker? Great. Oh well, Boo needs the defensive advantage. He'll probably just go with rune's set-up and push GO every turn.

Okay, time to open up the map.....Say What??? Nighttime??? Raining???? All I got is infantry to attack a fortified Italian town.

Nice.

As Seanachai has abandoned his post, I shall have to rely on the purity of the much celebated Julie Andrews for inspiration.

The Hills are alive with the sound of thunder!

Oh my Gawd!! Was that a Julie Andrews moment? It was almost like the hills were alive or sumfink.

High on a mountain side

Somewhere in Austria

Maybe it's Switzerland

It's hard to say

I see the woman

She runs through the meadow

She's crying in anguish

She's turning away

Oh God...oh...oh...God

I think it's Julie Andrews

Julie...Julie Andrews

Maybe we should call somebody

Maybe we should put her out of her misery

Julie...Julie...Julie...Julie..

"Julie Andrews"

-Uncle Bonsai

As Seanachai has abandoned his post

Dear fecking love of God! Are you two tossers still simply talking about this game? Endlessly, I might add?!

I thought you'd been playing for the last week or so! I was already at work on Boo's deeply humiliating new sig line.

WHAT ARE YOU TWO FECKING POODLES WAITING ON?

I think you both want to get on top of this Blood Hamster match now, before I convene a full 'Pool meeting to rewrite both of your sig lines. And mind, the rewrite will make heavy reference to 'pitching' and 'catching'. Ask SturmSebber if you're not sure what that's all about...

What, did I Challenge Peng in order to watch some sort of verbal slap-fight between little girls?

Originally posted by R Leete:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Seanachai:

What, did I Challenge Peng in order to watch some sort of verbal slap-fight between little girls?

The metaphorical story of your life, Olde Man. </font>

Originally posted by Seanachai:

High on a mountain side

Somewhere in Austria

Maybe it's Switzerland

It's hard to say

I see the woman

She runs through the meadow

She's crying in anguish

She's turning away

Oh God...oh...oh...God

I think it's Julie Andrews

Julie...Julie Andrews

Maybe we should call somebody

Maybe we should put her out of her misery

Julie...Julie...Julie...Julie..

"Julie Andrews"

-Uncle Bonsai

[unplugs ears] Well, that wasn't as bad as it could have been. I think I'd have needed therapy if you gave us your rendition of 16 going on 17.