The win a copy of CMAK: The Forum Assassination Challenge!

A.E.B

Hi all

BFC moderators. If you have issues with what follows please email me and I will immediately withdraw the challenge.

Everyone else. What follows is my idea and my responsibility alone. Neither Battlefront.com, the moderators nor anyone or orgainisation associated with them is responsible for this challenge in any way.

All care and responsibility belongs with me.

After the following post all further Challenge business will be conducted on the General Forum.

Thank you

A.E.B

Hi all

I have decided on a little challenge to relieve the “when in Monkeybutt’s name are they going to release CMAK” blues. I’m going to let you all do what you’ve all secretly wanted to do: KILL OTHER MEMBERS OF THE BF.C FORUMS.

That’s right, it a last man (or lady) standing on the heaped corpses of the losers takes the prize challenge.

The prize? A copy a CMAK ordered and paid for by me via BF.C and sent to you. That’s right, I’m making Australia’s balance of payment figures even redder by sending my hard-earn Aussie dollars straight to BF.C so they’ll send CMAK straight to you.

Interested?

Ok, it my dime so it’s my rules. Please read the following.

THE RULES

JOINING THE CHALLENGE

If you want to kill and be killed by your fellow BF.C forum members. Please send me an email to the address in my profile. In the email please list your forum name and number.

Don’t worry, I have no interest in collecting emails or even communicating with most of you, so your emails will be deleted as soon as you are killed or the challenge is over.

You have until 12pm Sunday my time to send me an email if you wish to join. I am in Sydney Australia, so my time is GMT+10. If you miss the deadline, you miss out.

Also, I am limiting this competition to those posters who are registered at the time of this post. The last eligible member is BOO member # 13754.

GENERAL RULES

1. Each round I will post the results of the previous round. I will also post a list of members of the challenge who are still alive.

2. I will also post a code word . Your KILL and DEFEND orders for each turn must have that code word, or I will consider you a NO ORDER (see below).

3. I will also set a deadline for emails for the current round. If I don’t receive an email, or if it misses the deadline, I will treat it as a NO ORDER . NO ORDER means that the following round’s orders are repeated regardless of the results of that round. A deadline will always be at least 24 hours from the post date.

4. Each turn you choose one of the surviving challenge members who will be the target of your assassination. Your KILL order will be that challenge member’s name.

Example: KILL A.E.B

5. You also have DEFEND orders. A DEFEND order will negate an assassination attempt by that challenge member. Each round I will state the number of Defend orders you have available.

Example: DEFEND (against) A.E.B, NAME, NAME, NAME

6. If you send me more than one KILL order or too many DEFEND orders, I will execute them in the order they appear on your email, but I will exclude any orders over the limit.

7. Round orders once sent cannot be revoked.

8. Once the deadline is passed I will execute all emails on a first received first executed basis.

9. When I execute your order, I will match your KILL order against the target challenge member’s DEFEND orders. If the target has a DEFEND order against you, your assassination attempt fails. If the target has no DEFEND order against you, then you successfully assassinate them and they are out of the challenge.

10. I will be recording the number of kills made by the surviving challenge members, but these will not be made public. The number of kills will determine who wins if we have two survivors or no survivors at the final round.

11. Therefore, if I receive an email before your email and the KILL order in the previous email assassinates your target, the first assassin is credited the kill and your KILL order is wasted as the target is already dead.

12. It is possible to assassinate and be assassinated in the same turn. All KILL and DEFEND orders are all executed each turn.

13. In the exceedingly remote possibility that two members survive to the final round and both have the same number of kills, both will get a copy of CMAK.

14. I will contact the ultimate winner(s) by email to arrange shipping details of their CMAK.

THAT’S IT

I expect that the first couple of rounds will take a while to execute. After that, the herd will have been thinned and the rounds will speed up considerably.

Please note: I have never worked for Arthur Andersen so all turns will be conducted without fear or favour. This challenge has NOTHING TO DO with BATTLEFRONT, the MODERATORS, or anyone associated with them. If you have a problem it is with me. That said, this is not a democracy, so one I have posted the results of a round my decisions are final. Also, I am not responsible for technical problems or email failures, so if I don’t get your email for some reason I’m sorry but that is life.

Regards

A.E.B

[ November 06, 2003, 06:54 AM: Message edited by: A.E.B ]

This all seems rather pointlessly complicated and bizarre.

Couldn't the time waiting for the release of CMAK be more gainfully employed by assassinating whatever little store of character A.E.B. might still retain?

All this 'send kill order, send defend order' stuff. What the heck is that?

I was hoping for some good, old fashioned character assassination. Of course, with you lot 'character assassination' is really rather more a form of euthanasia.

Seanachai

While I realise that, compared to other posters who have joined the challenge, being a small ceramic gnome armed only with a pointy red hat may put you at a disadvantage in the virtual assassination stakes, you are missing out on a "once-in-a-life-time" opportunity.

You can force an Australian to buy you CMAK.

Regards

A.E.B

Originally posted by A.E.B:

Seanachai

you are missing out on a "once-in-a-life-time" opportunity.

You can force an Australian to buy you CMAK.

Regards

A.E.B

Forcing an Australian to do anything besides having another beer is against my personal code of ethics.

Render unto Oz that which is Oz's, and render unto Berli pretty well bloody everyone else.

Hi guys

21 hours left to sign up. At the moment the small but slowly growing band of cold-blooded killers includes posters with member numbers ranging from the 10s to the 10,000s.

So join and the odds are good (unless you're called Seanachai - dozens of emails all saying KILL Seanachai smile.gif ). Well, an Australian can dream.

Form a cabal. Pick your teams targets. Be the first to betray and kill your friends and allies. Come on, you know you wanna! ;)

Regards

A.E.B

[ November 08, 2003, 11:46 AM: Message edited by: A.E.B ]

Just a few hours to go before the challenge beings.

I have assembled a small but bloodthirst team of wetboys representing many nations.

I will shortly be emailing out the first turn out individually to the various mechanics taking part.

Regards

A.E.B

Originally posted by Ace Pilot:

So who's dead?

Not me, Ace Pilot, because your touchingly amateurish assassination attempt failed. Now watch your back.

They say that Pat Garrett has got your number.

Sleep with one eye open when you slumber.

Every sound you hear just might be thunder.

Thunder from the barrel of his gun.

[ November 12, 2003, 01:26 PM: Message edited by: xor+ ]

Ha-Ha! You only think it failed! It is actually just part A of phase one of chapter Roman numeral one of the grand scheme that is so devilishly clever that you can’t even begin to fathom its complexities. When it is brought to its complete fruition, it will elegantly yet conclusively reveal how Graceland, the Vatican-controlled weather, and space aliens are all related AND it will leave me in total control of the solar system.

Or I may just wind up dead and without a copy of CMAK to show for my efforts.

You really thought it was a “touching” assassination attempt? Oh, golly. redface.gif