10townsinfarmland

For the info:

http://cmmods.com/web/CMBBMods.nsf/1b148631ec5fb57e85256c5f005fd053/40b66b672057254a85256e6200537e99!OpenDocument

Hope the url works. Im not that handy with that.

Aha, it does...

A new mappack at cmmods database.

And for the pic:

http://cmmods.com/web/CMBBMods.nsf/1b148631ec5fb57e85256c5f005fd053/40b66b672057254a85256e6200537e99!OpenDocument&TableRow=2.1

[ March 25, 2004, 10:23 AM: Message edited by: theike ]

VERY nice realistic looking QB maps!

Having played my 5 billionth game-generated map recently I can't tell you how much I appeciate a well made QB map. I almost like 'em more than full-blown scenarios!

Neat trick linking directly to the CMMODS.com picture too. I'm going to have to remember that for the future :D:D

Theike is a map making genius. I spend hours making maps, and it is theike's stuff I study for tips. There are other good map makers, but nobody comes close.

Presently, I am designing a CMBB meta-campaign, and the strategic map is designed to incorporate as many theike-made tactical maps as possible.

-- Rokossovski

I think they look great! They are huge, but I guess that's the price you have to pay for realistic looking maps. A small map would most probably have just one terrain feature, or border two terrain types, either making it look dull or lack good deployment areas

Thats true indeed i think, Sergei.

I mostly make large maps like these and afterwards trim them down to a more playable size.

Some maps are hard to trim down to a smaller size and still keep it interesting, but then again from others i could make maybe 3 smaller battle maps. (Lets say one in city parameters, one around a approach and a rural type one.)

atm i like really small maps alot, im playing one with my brother thats not more then 400x400.

Thats why i keep saying these maps can be used for edit as anyone likes; these larger maps are often just a starting point for me.

Letting a battle take place on them ask for a new look into them, after putting setupzones on one might get a whole new idea of the map and need to change stuff a bit..... some bush here, 200meters off there and so on.....................

So Bluefish; before u even take a preview of the map consider trimming them down a bit, its very easy in the scenario editor.

hmm, Rokossovski u flatter me;)

I would be most interested to see the end result of your meta-campaign. Really! If your done with it, could u send me a copy? That would be so nice.

Guest Manstein22

Hi theike

Congrats, your maps look very interesting.

Must be a densely populated area near a big town as there are so many roads. The two-storied houses are also more common to this. Something disturbs me: walls are not very usual there were more fences. Just have a look to all those pictures you can find on the web.

Manstein22