CM:AK title music

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by Rex Bellator:

Well as they are going with the German 'Afrika Korps' title FWIW I'd agree the German version of Lili Marlene would seem most appropriate.

I suppose we could make do with an instramental version only, and leave it to the audience whether they want to mumble the original German words, or the Marlene Dietrich version, or the Amanda Lear one, or "D-Day Dodgers", or "Bombing by deflection", or any one of half a hundred others.

Unfortunately, I think this will result in a certain segment of the British audience being reminded of "The Belles of St. Trinian's", and demanding mods to enable them to have Bren Gun Carriers crewed by schoolgirls wielding hockey-sticks.

All the best,

John.

Originally posted by Little_Black_Devil:

I think "Lilli Marlene", as sung by Marlene Dietrich would be the best choice, preferably the English version.

If we're going to have a 'sung' version, I'd prefer Vera Lynn. What an agent that woman must have had - starting World War II just to plug her new single.

Put me down for one of the St. Trinian's Bren Carrier mods too.

Whistled version of Colonel Bogey. For some reason, views of British vehicles crossing deserts leaving dust clouds has to be done to Col. Bogey in in my book! You can then insert words of your choice!

Like the St Trinians references though. I think that the would have to be downgraded to green though (=3rd formers?) If you allowed the upper fifth (=elite) the game balance would suffer...

Final thought, Free French in the desert will have to have something from Casablanca! (If she can stand it, I can. Play it Sam) (IIRC)

Originally posted by Sailor Malan:

Final thought, Free French in the desert will have to have something from Casablanca! (If she can stand it, I can. Play it Sam) (IIRC)

Shame on you, you don't have the entire script memorised smile.gif .

'You played it for her! You can play it for me! Play it Sam!'

The instrumental version of "Lilli Marlene" isn't all that bad.. with the right mix of instruments.. could be winner..

Then... there's the other nominee.. the "Colonel Bogey March".. but, that instrumental sorta' reminds me of "The Great Escape" movie..

Cordialement, Duke of Earl

[ April 06, 2003, 06:41 AM: Message edited by: Duke of Earl ]