CMX2 feature i would like...

I pray to the war gods that you (BFC)will keep the hotseat function in the next engine... cos if you dont i will be doomed to play against the AI forever... i play against lots of friends but they dont have the computerpower to play the game on their PCs and so they play at my house... hotseat... and since im on a modem i dont really like tcp/ip games... and dont have the patience for PBEM games either...

so pleeeeeeze keep the hotseat function (a very rare function indeed these days)

oh great! MM probably woke up today and said, "think i'll grant the guys one wish today. ANYTHING they want in the next engine. i mean, after all, they're a great bunch of guys. they deserve it. yep, next thing i read in the forums asking for a feature, NO MATTER WHAT IT IS, i'll give it to 'em". and then oddball comes along and asks for a "feature" already in the damn game! way to go dude! :mad:

Matt, could it also be possible to pit the AI against itself? You know, for testing purposes etc. User could watch the play without FOW. It would be user-definable if the game stopped between turns or if it just went on to the end or until the user paused it or aborted it. Something like that.

they're coming to take me away HAHA, they're coming to take me away HEHE HAHA HOHO. to the funny farm, where life is beautiful all the time... :eek: hey, what was in that needle you poked me with!? that hurt!! no wait, i'm starting to feel better now, much better... smile.gif hot seat, huh? yah, that's a cool feature. in fact, they should put 2 or 3 hot seat features in the game. be great on a cold night. yah, that's the ticket...

Originally posted by eichenbaum:

Playing by LAN is an idea to. You could ask your friends to bring their PC with them and play on seperate screens. This way it would be faster then 'Hotseat'.

I think they should build in a nice play-by-LAN interface ;)

Umm isn't there already this option? If ure all on LAN, just use TCP/IP.

Please, can we have more than just one-on-one for TCP/IP?? 4 players? Can't be THAT hard to add in CMAK can it? I know, this is a CMx2 topic, but please?

I am looking forward to illumination for night battles.

I am reading "Infantry Aces" by Franz Kurowski, and there are many examples of night combat that just can't be replicated with the current game engine.

Squads have flare guns.

Artillery can shoot illumination rounds.

Booby traps have trip-wires to set off flares.

It seems like 50% of the combat mentioned in the book, took place at night.

Ken

one little function i would love is if you actually didnt have control of all the forces on your side... fx you are in control of a support company in a combined attack... so you only control some of the units while the others are controlled by the AI...

that would also make it possible to play AI vs AI... kindof...

Originally posted by eichenbaum:

Yes I know you can use TCP/IP for LAN, but that's not what I mend. I just want to see I nice interface, the screen you see when you've started TCP/IP. There's nothing to do there then only wait until another IP logs on (ok, you have the cancel button)

So much less frustrating when the other person is in the same or next room as you though. You do have something to do, you can walk there and berate them for taking so long. When your opponent is in Florida and you're in the north of England that's a little harder to do.

[ July 11, 2003, 03:16 AM: Message edited by: vbfg ]

Multiplayer involving more than 2 people isn't going to happen for CMAK. The engine isn't changing for CMAK and multiplayer beyond 2 people would require an engine update.

Plans mentioned in the past for CMX2 include multiplayer beyond 2 people. I'm not sure if the limit will be 4 or 8 (more likely 4). I assume that the players can be distributed on any side, though I don't know if there'll be plans for having the AI play any of the players (other than maybe several humans against a single AI - if anyone really wanted to do that).

oh yes hotseat...Takes me back to the time only my brother had a computer and also had cmbo allready.

I played him at his house and after a few games i just had to buy myself a computer!!

Yep its all due to cmbo...))).

Ive been making a scenario today, (well im trying to) and again i came across something that has frustrated me for some time. (set aside as; 'well, its just the way it is')

But now im kinda wondering why its like that, because it seems so very strange....:

Why cant i ever pick up more then one allied unit at a time?

I know at setup in quickbattle the allied too can be picked up more then one at a time, but in the scenario editor they cant, but axis can.

I dont know why that is.

Anybody know? ore if maybe im doing something wrong?

[ July 11, 2003, 10:36 AM: Message edited by: theike ]

Is this another CMX wishlist? I'll add my 2¢.

I'd like to see a more variable AI 'personality'.

Play enough CMBB and you know pretty well what your AI opponent is going to do. There must be two or three basic "If A happens then do B" -type actions in the game logic that you could change to "If A happens then do B in 80% of the the scenarios played and do C in 20% of the scenarios played". Depending on what action is being altered I'd imagine an abrupt personality change to the AI when the variable kicks in. Like the difference between playing zone defence or man-on-man in basketball.

Ok here are a couple more:

FOs for aircraft later in the war (44 & later for the Allies at least).

More scenario designer control over the AI. Being able to set units to defend or attack or shoot and scoot, stuff like that.

More detailed AARs. A list of dead units and cause of death would be nice.

One limitation is we don't know what theater they're going to tackle in the new engine, which limits us to only the most basic 'nuts & bolts' suggestions.

Maybe we should be making suggestions on TOW missile behavior through high cross-winds, or representations of the use of transport helicopters. Maybe we should be giving advice on how tall a fence a cavalry horse would be expected to jump, or whether Napoleonic infantry should be permited to 'aim' their volley fire while standing in a square formation. What's the max range of a Martian 3cm plasma cannon?

;):D

[ July 11, 2003, 03:40 PM: Message edited by: MikeyD ]