Frequently-Asked Questions: Combat Mission: Barbarossa to Berlin: NEWBIES PLEASE READ

...which sounded perfect, as he didn't have any chums of his own. He checked his box of tissues and pulled his stained cloak around him as the bitter north wind lashed freezing rain in his face. He limped to the ticket booth and fumbled in his pocket for a dollar, hands trembling with cold and anticipation...

Guest konrad
Originally posted by Edward Windsor:

...which sounded perfect, as he didn't have any chums of his own. He checked his box of tissues and pulled his stained cloak around him as the bitter north wind lashed freezing rain in his face. He limped to the ticket booth and fumbled in his pocket for a dollar, hands trembling with cold and anticipation...

....all he find was 50 cents..

originally posted by Madmatt:

[qb] This thread now highlights a new feature of UBB. Sticky Threads!

We can now select important threads and announcements and make them always appear at the top of the thread listings.

Woo!

Madmatt

Matt, when does the Peng Challenge Thread become sticky, then?

You know, that really didn't come out sounding at all well.

[ March 31, 2003, 08:28 PM: Message edited by: Seanachai ]

Now Wait One Minute!!!

Whose decision was it to make Soddball's thread:

Important

I can read an icon legend, and sure Soddball is an icon legend. But let's think about what we're doing here people.

This means that we will no longer be able to bask in the brilliant and creative postings that were made to keep the good ship afloat as it were.

This is indeed a sad day for this Forum. Human ingenuity and resourcefulness have been replaced by the steady efficiency of technology.

Originally posted by Jim Boggs:

This means that we will no longer be able to bask in the brilliant and creative postings that were made to keep the good ship afloat as it were.

This is indeed a sad day for this Forum. Human ingenuity and resourcefulness have been replaced by the steady efficiency of technology.

So bugger off, then, and post something approaching wit in the Peng Challenge Thread, you lackwitted bit of bovine mucus.

No amount of 'Forum Technology' will ever be able to bail fast enough, or hard enough, to keep that patch of the place safe and dry.

Hell, Matt's probably only seconds away from achieving a Forum sub-routine that will mimic the idea that anyone's still posting something approaching 'new' in the Master Goodale threads.

I mean, how hard can it be?

A bit like writing the text for the Forum equivalent of 'the Magic Eight Ball'.

Dear Master Goodale. Did you know that I'm winning?

Madmatt inverts the Forum's Cheery Waffle Magic Eight Ball

Grrrrrrrrr! Maggot! You'll know if you're winning when molten TNT explodes out of your arse! Grrrrrrr!

Hey, fill in the lackwit, I'm beating you!

after a thorough shaking that causes small bubbles to form against the 'plastic window of revelation', Madmatt inverts the Threats of Stale Tripe Magic Eight Ball and reveals:

Grrrrr! You're not beating me, I'm beating you! Grrrrr! vulgarity largely and generally alluded to You hoser lengthy round of abuse that conjures up the Mackenzie brothers on PCP, you better watch out for me!

Ah, Soddball. How the mighty are fallen.

Originally posted by Madmatt:

This thread now highlights a new feature of UBB. Sticky Threads!

We can now select important threads and announcements and make them always appear at the top of the thread listings.

Woo!

Madmatt

Wow

That only took about 2 years...

Originally posted by Soddball:

My usefulness is gone. My life is at an end.

*BLAM*

"Rampart Base this is Squad 51, we've got a gunshot wound to the head, severe bleeding, but incredibly, all vital signs are reading normal"

"51, this is Rampart, start an IV, D5W, Ringers Lactate, and transport immediately. Do you have an identity of the patient?"

"According to his ID his name is Soddball."

"51, this is Rampart, discontinue IV's and return to base."

"What!, But what about the patient?"

"That's Soddball, if he has a gunshot wound to the head, no vital organs have been affected. Leave a six-pack of cheap beer and he'll be fine, when he wakes up."

"Roger Rampart, Squad 51 returning to base, out."