Frequently-Asked Questions: Combat Mission: Barbarossa to Berlin: NEWBIES PLEASE READ

a sign on it's side reading:

"France is posturing itself as a moral guardian, when they would have lost World War I, and they set a world record in World War II for the quickest surrender by a world power." -- U.S. Congressman Peter King, R-TX
and I thought that was very odd because . . .

[ February 13, 2003, 03:07 PM: Message edited by: MrSpkr ]

Originally posted by MrSpkr:

a sign on it's side reading:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />"France is posturing itself as a moral guardian, when they would have lost World War I, and they set a world record in World War II for the quickest surrender by a world power." -- U.S. Congressman Peter King, R-TX

and I thought that was very odd because . . . </font>

Originally posted by DBaron:

usually I try and keep political sign wearing mammals tucked away in the General Forum Barn, but for some reason this one in particular...

... was giving me the eye, so I made an exception. I went to the bar, bought a couple of carrot juice and vodkas, sidled up to the sultry beast and delivered my best line:

..."Combat Mission is not a video game.

It requires thoughtful strategy and tactical skill to overcome the enemy while preserving one's own forces and achieving the mission objectives"...

Originally posted by wings7:

OK, here is a stupid question...what does "bump" in a message mean? I did a search but did not find a clue. :confused:

When you reply to a message it is automatically refreshed to the top of the forum. So something like Soddball's FAQ which should be veiwed by all is regularly "bumped" to the front of the forum so it does not become buried on older pages. Rather then reply with something uncool like - I'm replying to this message so it is moved to the top of the forum - we simply say Bump!

Hope that helps

MG

p.s. Bump!!

[ February 14, 2003, 02:24 PM: Message edited by: MG-42 ]

Originally posted by MG-42:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by wings7:

OK, here is a stupid question...what does "bump" in a message mean? I did a search but did not find a clue. :confused:

When you reply to a message it is automatically refreshed to the top of the forum. So something like Soddball's FAQ which should be veiwed by all is regularly "bumped" to the front of the forum so it does not become buried on older pages. Rather then reply with something uncool like - I'm replying to this message so it is moved to the top of the forum - we simply say Bump!

Hope that helps

MG

p.s. Bump!! </font>

Originally posted by lenakonrad:

...then was darkness.All was dark yet splendid.The harmful demons awaken in the air sluggish as a bunch of businessmen...

..surrounded me. They numbered 12, and were dressed in grey. "Where..where am I?" our hero asked of them. "Am I dead? Have I gone to heaven or hell?" "Perhaps, perhaps not" they replied in unison, and then they gave me a white business card which read...

... "She so sophisticated,

I'm such a zero,

She know how to use me,

but I will never lose her."

[ February 15, 2003, 06:49 PM: Message edited by: lenakonrad ]

I'm such a zero,

She know how to use me,

...I thought to myself "What an odd choice for a Business card greeting", but before I could contemplate the further meaning of it, the world goes black again. I awoke to find myself back in the bar again with ...

Originally posted by DBaron:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by lenakonrad:

I'm such a zero,

She know how to use me,

...I thought to myself "What an odd choice for a Business card greeting", but before I could contemplate the further meaning of it, the world goes black again. I awoke to find myself back in the bar again with ... </font>

..."I hate all of you" -I said to myself-"I hate you..."

I'm naked except for boots and a black Stetson.I know that Commander is trying to show me something...

..."I hate all of you" -I said to myself-"I hate you..."

I'm naked except for boots and a black Stetson.I know that Commander is trying to show me something...

... "Feindliche Schützen voraus, Feuer frei!" the Commander screams. I think he wants to show me how an 88 shell works. I don't think I want to see it. Gripping my rifle and feeling embarrassed at my lack of clothing ("what clothing mod is this?" I think to myself), I prepare to...

[ February 19, 2003, 05:09 AM: Message edited by: DBaron ]

..to apply the classic rules of hit-and -run warfare against a larger force.This is tactic that beat Crassus Roman Legions in the disastrous Parthian campaign.

Then I will shift all-out attack of enemy position....

..to apply the classic rules of hit-and -run warfare against a larger force.This is tactic that beat Crassus Roman Legions in the disastrous Parthian campaign.

Then I will shift all-out attack of enemy position....

...so i did.I suppose a suicide

who holds a pistol to his skull

feels much the same wonder at what will come next as I felt then...

Originally posted by lenakonrad

...so i did.I suppose a suicide

who holds a pistol to his skull

feels much the same wonder at what will come next as I felt then...

...the remains of my courage running down my leg.

Running back into the smoking ruin from where I had emerged, I sought shelter among the fallen timbers and rubble. Looking back over my shoulder I saw...

... a dusty fold of fabric jutting up from the rubble like a desert flower in a sea of sand. And then, movement... The maiden! She lives! I felt my courage surge through my aching limbs. Adrenaline was now my Master.

Shadows shifted around the opening in the tavern. Heavy boots could be heard in the street. They were all around. I had to think fast.

"Uuggghhh... p-p-please... is an-anyone there?" came the soft voice from the pile of rubble. Delicate fingers franticly searched for any sign of escape. That was all i needed.

I had wondered why the Tiger hadn't finished me off with another blast from its mighty snout, but realized that the commander was saving it's more powerful attacks for bigger foes. Yes, he would send in ground troops to finish off whatever squirmed or called for help. And now they came! The commander pointed to various piles within the tavern, barking his orders in his halting language.

My eyes went to slits and my hand went to a grenade. "Burn in Hell, you Nazi pigs!" I whispered through clinched teeth, "Your gonna have to work for this kill!" I pulled the pin and tossed it in the center of the opening. Immediately I reached on the other side of my belt for another. Soon, a puff of smoke started to sputter out from the first as I hurled the second more deadly grenade in the same direction. The Tiger commander immediately buttoned up, firing off a warning to his men as he closed the hatch...

BOOM!!!

I was off like a shot, I quickly reached the young maiden and began shifting the heavy boulders off her.

I could hear german soldiers writhing in agony, apparently the warning came too late. I grinned.

"I-Is someone th-there?" her voice was like an angels, my blood raced through my veins. Shadows again by the entrance... Something moved, a glimmer of metal...

My trigger finger flinched, without thinking my rifle was at my cheek...

"I'll have you out in just...one...sec."

RAT-TAT-TAT...RAT-TAT-TAT-TAT

He fell hard, blood gurgling up from a neck wound and spilling out over his polished boots. His eyes rolled back, his body went limp. Again I grinned.

Seconds later, she was free. Cut and bruised, but none the worse for wear. Her creamy smooth skin though blotched and bruised, was perfumed and sweet. It made me think of all the suitors she probably had before the Reich imposed it's will on this small town. Her face exquisite, her body, young and firm.

"Is there an exit in the back?" I questioned her with a furrowed brow.

"No Monsier, o-only the stairs to ze'loft" she pointed to the back of the tavern.

Again shadows at the opening...

"Can you run?" my eyes looking her up and down.

"I-I think so, Oui" her english was broken, but her message was clear. I pulled another pin and let it fly.

"wait...wait...NOW! Go-Go-Go".

BOOM!!!

And off we went, scampering through the rubble and timber as quickly as two little church mice. As she dissappeared up the staircase, I turned in the doorway...

RAT-TAT-TAT-TAT!!! Through the smoke filled room.

I backed through the doorway and up the stairs I went. When I crested the top I quickly assessed the room, the young maid was opening a huge steamer trunk in the back of the loft, she motioned with her delicate fingers...

"Come here G.I. we have been storing these for times such as these".

As I crossed the room my eyes grew big, for in the trunk was...

[ February 21, 2003, 03:48 PM: Message edited by: -HoTBoX- ]