Have any of you beaten Cemetery Hill as Axis?

I've had 2 tie games as axis. I just can't seem to pull it together for a win though. I'm looking for any advice from some experienced players.

One of the reasons I'm focusing on this map is because I feel it would have been alot easer in CMBO as Axis. I'm finding I have a really tough time attacking at all in CMBB. I'm sure this is much more realistic but it's hard adjusting.

I need help smile.gif

Originally posted by MikeyD:

Heh heh heh. Judging by past threads on that scenario the author must've been Satan himself!

Don't tell Andreas that or it will need 4 weeks of constant abuse to get him grounded again. :rolleyes:

[sigh....still typos in one-liners]

[ June 26, 2003, 11:31 AM: Message edited by: Lindan ]

Call me a Ludite, but I tend to avoid the search feature. I figure if we were only allowed to bring up a topic once on this forum we would've run out of stuff to talk about years ago! Besides, the best anecdotes keep getting better with retelling, like fish shories. ;):D

[ June 26, 2003, 12:39 PM: Message edited by: MikeyD ]

Originally posted by MikeyD:

Heh heh heh. Judging by past threads on that scenario the author must've been Satan himself!

Nah, just me in a mean-spirited mood. Replay value is close to 8 on the depot, that is probably one of the best for one of my scenarios :D

SPOILER ALERT

Haven't played this one in awhile. Are you assaulting a church on a hill with a cemetary behind it? If it's the one I am thinking of the trenches didn't present too much of an issue as I went on the right side and rolled the line up to the top. Lost one AFV to the gun before I silenced it.

[ June 26, 2003, 06:40 PM: Message edited by: mike_the_wino ]

Originally posted by FreeKitten:

Yep tried that mike. Did some searching though, it seems like a major win for the Axis is next to impossible.

Uh, Major Win?

No, but a win nonetheless.

This one is a combo of skill and luck. Even with spoilers you have to manage your assets properly. Not an easy scenario but a fun one.

Tried it twice, I got a draw playing blind and without spoilers, mostly because a pioneer squad was able to get into the trenches and chuck a few lumps of TNT at the Soviets, destroying guns and wiping out buildings.

The second time I got a Minor Victory, but if I would've had just a round or two more... Two Pioneer squads were about to nuke the church.

I was intrigued by this thread and played Cemetary Hill yesterday blind as Axis vs AI +3 experience...

I advanced a recon platoon to the woods on the right flank of the woods and go across, with the other recce platoon covering w/ half tracks, 50mm mortars, the IG, the SPW 251/10, I kept the pioneers back to figure out if I could reach the woods across the road. The half track got popped by one of the 45mm atgs early, and my overwatch troops did a fair job of keepin the enemies head down. I got the engineers acrossed and used the recon platoon to see the possibility of heading down the road, since the houses seemed unoccupied and turn the enemies flank on the trenches. This didnt work out so well, as there were minefields and heavy fire from the cemetary area. I moved my engineers further past the wood to try a move from the wheatfield but they got annihilated. I laid a smoke barrage and opened fire and charged my remaining recon platoon into the trenchline,which they took a portion of with severe losses, but stopped then as further assault until reinforcement would be pointless.

I got a tactical defeat, I thought it was a good battle, though maybe the Soviets have a bit too much equipment...?

Originally posted by Ligur:

AI +3 are you INSANE?

Anyway all scenarios shouldn't be easy or even winnable without a perfect plan and luck. I love the occasion "desperate fight".

You should try "Defense of Bowler Bridge" that TrapOne is playtesting (in "Scenario Talk"). A very nice challenge. But make sure you get a version that hasn't been beefed up too much: one ATG, one ATR and two Maxims is the right number, nore than that is too many.

Originally posted by GreenAsJade:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Ligur:

AI +3 are you INSANE?

Anyway all scenarios shouldn't be easy or even winnable without a perfect plan and luck. I love the occasion "desperate fight".

You should try "Defense of Bowler Bridge" that TrapOne is playtesting (in "Scenario Talk"). A very nice challenge. But make sure you get a version that hasn't been beefed up too much: one ATG, one ATR and two Maxims is the right number, nore than that is too many. </font>