Needed: English Teacher or Editor

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by Axe2121:

w00t squared!!

Well Axe, this makes me feel lots better about the quality of the CMAK briefings. Between your ranting gibberish, and MrSpkr turning each briefing into some sort of legal contract, I'm afraid CMAK is doomed! We'll just have to completely skip the briefings. :D:D

Seanachai probably would have converted the briefings to poetry, so I suppose things could have been worse. :D:D

Rune, excellent choices for your editors. Sorry that I couldn't devote more time to the project. I'm sure the briefings will be as great as the game itself.

Originally posted by frankycee:

My unit was named 12th (Reserve) Army Tank Regiment (The Three Rivers Regiment) during its operations in 1942 and later.

We've now changed unit name to 12e Régiment Blindé du Canada (french for 12th Canadian Armored Regiment)

http://www.regiments.org/milhist/na-canada/volmil-que/inf/086-3riv.htm

I'm a Calgary Highlander. You may be interested in my website at http://www.canadiansoldiers.com

I do believe the Three Rivers are mentioned once or twice. ;)

Nice to see another reservist on the board.

My Goodness, every time I take a breather from reading all the posts on this forum, more information turns up about CMAK. However in this instance I am forced to make a reply rather than simply reading what is in front of me.

If you would, please put my name down for serious consideration also. I have written various articles for a variety of paintball related magazines, and am in the process of a very slow startup of another.

Unlike my fellow applicants, I believe I am more properly qualified for this task than they may be. Impressive resume's such as theirs would most likely put them into the "Highly Overqualified" column. Either that, or I just want to be greedy and get it all to myself.

-Hans

Originally posted by rune:

MrSpkr,

Done, he now wanders at Beda Fomm with his Boys in hand. I made his Aussie to boot.

Rune

I shall, then, Boys in hand, not go gently into that good night, mate!

Bugger, playing at being a wandering Aussie in the desert in a Rune scenario. This is going to be so much worse than a simple hangover.

Hey Mace ,

Now here is a picture that should cause you to scream....

MrSpkr,

Done, he now wanders at Beda Fomm with his Boys in hand. I made him Aussie to boot.

Rune

I shall, then, Boys in hand, not go gently into that good night, mate!

Bugger, playing at being a wandering Aussie in the desert in a Rune scenario. This is going to be so much worse than a simple hangover.

----------------

See, we always knew Seanachai was an Aussie at heart.

Rune

Look for Seanachai in the Australian Infantry. It just seems after all he has done to the aussies, give the aussies a chance to blame him.

Hmmm, I don't recall any documentation about fragging within an Australian unit. I think that's about to change.

Mace

Originally posted by Seanachai:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Dave H:

Seanachai probably would have converted the briefings to poetry, so I suppose things could have been worse. :D:D

And don't you know it, lad. Between Combat Haiku, Kipling, and Lawrence Ferlinghetti, there wouldn't be a single bugger who'd any clue what was about to go down. </font>

Look for Seanachai in the Australian Infantry. It just seems after all he has done to the aussies, give the aussies a chance to blame him.

It seems to me that the ones being punished here are the Aussies, not Seanachai.

He'd have to earn the right to become an Aussie. As well as passing the rigorous medical and coming out of basic training alive, he'd have to pass the the Love and Knowledge of Banjo Patterson Poetry test, drink sufficient quantities of VB within the one plane flight from Melbourne to London to better Stumpy Boon's record; know what VB is and who Stumpy Boon is. In short, I don't think he'd ever make the grade.

So, Mr Rune, we don't need a chance to blame him, we want to flame him! So, please make him that crappy Italian tank that you originally mentioned. The crappiest one in the whole Blackshirt OB. One that even an Aussie Boys could stop in its tracks (or maybe there isn't anything quite that hopeless...) Anyway, the crappiest Italian tank you've got, please, for the Minnesotan.

Originally posted by REVS:

So, please make him that crappy Italian tank that you originally mentioned. The crappiest one in the whole Blackshirt OB. One that even an Aussie Boys could stop in its tracks (or maybe there isn't anything quite that hopeless...)

You could aways try to get some Finnish toothpicks in some kind of Lend-Lease arrangement.

:D

Michael

It seems to me that the ones being punished here are the Aussies, not Seanachai.

He'd have to earn the right to become an Aussie. As well as passing the rigorous medical and coming out of basic training alive, he'd have to pass the Love and Knowledge of Banjo Patterson Poetry test, drink sufficient quantities of VB within the one plane flight from Melbourne to London to better Stumpy Boon's record; know what VB is and who Stumpy Boon is. In short, I don't think he'd ever make the grade.

So, Mr Rune, we don't need a chance to blame him, we want to flame him! So, please make him that crappy Italian tank that you originally mentioned. The crappiest one in the whole Blackshirt OB. One that even an Aussie Boys could stop in its tracks (or maybe there isn't anything quite that hopeless...) Anyway, the crappiest Italian tank you've got, please, for the Minnesotan.

Oops: double "the" edited out in the interests of neat editing, seeing as how this is an editing thread, as well as a cheery 'bash Seanachai' thread.