Needed: English Teacher or Editor

I worked as a newspaper reporter for 6 years before moving back to the US (served as Zama Bureau Chief for Pacific Stars and Stripes). I spent a chunk of my free time teaching English to some of the people working on base. I won two Associated Press awards for Feature and Business Writing during my career. I also won a Corporate Award for deadline writing. During my first year back in Columbus I helped draft the marketing material (printed and electronic) for a HR consulting firm. Now I'm a Sr. Tech Writer with Rolls Royce. That's right. I got tired of working for the press and became a corporate whore. It sure pays better, and my conscience isn't troubling me nearly as much.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think that Id be prefect for teh job.

BTW, I didn't even know that Oklahoma had laws, much less law schools (or even schools). :D

Seriously, I'm interested in helping out.

Brief CV -- Editor on an Ivy League law review and seven years practicing attorney (corporate transactions and litigation, involving extensive drafting and editing).

And hey -- I've edited this post 4 times. That has to count for something.

[ September 04, 2003, 02:14 PM: Message edited by: Becket ]

Originally posted by Becket:

Actually, you might qualify for a job with the New York Times (provided, of course, that you are female, a member of an ethnic minority, physically or mentally disabled or some combination thereof).

BTW, I didn't even know that Oklahoma had laws, much less law schools (or even schools).
Sure we do. The only problem is getting from town to town, what with all the unpaved roads and Indian ambushes along the way.

Steve

Originally posted by MrSpkr:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Becket:

Actually, you might qualify for a job with the New York Times (provided, of course, that you are female, a member of an ethnic minority, physically or mentally disabled or some combination thereof).</font>

It sounds like you have plenty of help already, Rune, but if you need more I am happy to volunteer my skills in return for a copy of the game.

Among other things, I work as a legal proofreader and word processor for several large Manhattan Law firms. I was also an English major in college.

Proofing a few documents the length of a CM briefing within 24 hours would not be a problem for me.

My email is in my profile if you need to reach me.

Cheers,

YD

Originally posted by rune:

Seanachai,

Go back to the Cheery Waffle thread where you belong. This is serious work.

Think I'll name a Panzer IIF commander after you. So many people will have satisfaction taking out that tank. hehehehehe Better yet, an Italian M13/40.

Rune

Dearie me, I'll just retire to the Peng Challenge Thread in tears, shall I?

I am the three time winner of the 'Annoy Rune with Pointless Posts While Mocking His Disturbing Physical Resemblance to Charles Laughton' Award, and have been several times cited by Steve Grammont of BFC for my ability to actually understand something that was posted (unlike many Forum members...).

Whispers to the Bald One:

"If the Pengers and TNT threads don't let me finish this, how about a 48 hour lock on their threads?"

Muah ha ha ha haaaaaaa

Anyway, I never expected this much interest, I will post when I get home on how I choose. Thanks to all those willing to help out.

However, expect Seanachai in a useless Italian tank in a scenario called Beda Fomm. It seems so...appropriate.

Last, once the game is near completion, and with the tradition I started with CMBO, I will have an open house with the latest build of CMAK. With my work schedule and time constraints, and refereeing soccer, it may have to be short notice, but since I got so much grief last time for no valid reason, warning all now. If you come, as before you are sworn to secrecy...and after mine, if there is time, other testers may have an open house. We will worry about that when the time nears.

Rune

Last, once the game is near completion, and with the tradition I started with CMBO, I will have an open house with the latest build of CMAK. With my work schedule and time constraints, and refereeing soccer, it may have to be short notice, but since I got so much grief last time for no valid reason, warning all now. If you come, as before you are sworn to secrecy...and after mine, if there is time, other testers may have an open house. We will worry about that when the time nears.

Rune

But..but...I haven't launched ROW IV yet!!!!

Rune,

I'd be happy to help too. I've done quite a bit of scenario briefing editting while playtesting for other designers (mostly Andreas'). Plus I probably have a better grip on the Queens English than some of these 'merekins ;)

Regards

JonS

I'd get my name in the book!

I'm your guy!

I've been an english teacher for three years now, and have plenty of time to do it. Fast turnaround guaranteed.

I'm also in the Canadian Army reserve, and my unit fought all over Sicily and Italy in WWII.

Cassino II, Termoli, Trasimene line etc... I've read alot of stuff about those battles and even translated some texts for the Regimental Museum.

[ September 04, 2003, 05:50 PM: Message edited by: frankycee ]

Whispers to the Bald One:

"If the Pengers and TNT threads don't let me finish this, how about a 48 hour lock on their threads?"

Muah ha ha ha haaaaaaa

You can't pull that one, you're a Knight of the Cesspool.

However, expect Seanachai in a useless Italian tank in a scenario called Beda Fomm. It seems so...appropriate.

Rune

I demand to be found in a useless Commonwealth tank. It seems only right. After all, I've never been identified as one of those neo-Fascist Modders, scenario designers or fan website maintainers.

Originally posted by frankycee:

I'd get my name in the book!

I'm your guy!

I've been an english teacher for three years now, and have plenty of time to do it. Fast turnaround guaranteed.

I'm also in the Canadian Army reserve, and my unit fought all over Sicily and Italy in WWII.

Cassino II, Termoli, Trasimene line etc... I've read alot of stuff about those battles and even translated some texts for the Regimental Museum.

Which regiment?

Originally posted by frankycee:

My unit was named 12th (Reserve) Army Tank Regiment (The Three Rivers Regiment) during its operations in 1942 and later.

We've now changed unit name to 12e Régiment Blindé du Canada (french for 12th Canadian Armored Regiment)

http://www.regiments.org/milhist/na-canada/volmil-que/inf/086-3riv.htm

Was your unit re-named with the Frenchy bit for some glorious surrender, defeat, or were they just trying to emasculate the eniter regiment? :D

First Post to Seanachai..

OK, I will grant you that...but since you tried to hijack my working thread, I must still punish you somehow...I got it...

Look for Seanachai in the Australian Infantry. It just seems after all he has done to the aussies, give the aussies a chance to blame him.

Rune

First Post to Seanachai..

OK, I will grant you that...but since you tried to hijack my working thread, I must still punish you somehow...I got it...

Look for Seanachai in the Australian Infantry. It just seems after all he has done to the aussies, give the aussies a chance to blame him.

Rune

Make him part of a Boys ATR team. Somehow the thought of the Bard wandering through the desert dedicated to his Boys is vaguely amusing to me.

I'm not quite sure why.

Steve

First off, thank you to everyone who volunteered to help. I never expected so many people to volunteer to work hard...I expected one or maybe 2 to be interested. Just shows you how good this community really is.

Second, my decision: I went with the first two editors I came across that were definitely committed to this. Axe1212 and Mr Spkr, send me an email at rune@ameritech.net and let me knwo if you are still interested. I do have some other names I would consider if you two don't want to do this if you had a change of heart.

Last; this doesn't reflect badly on anyone, I changed my mind to add one more, and with Axe I get a two for 1 deal anyway. smile.gif Thank you all for the offers, and if I come up with something new in the future, I will let you know.

Rune