I'm not dead yet. (mod preview)

Well, when I retired from the day-to-day grind of modding I decided that I'd at least keep my finger in it slightly by working on a single long-term modding project, and this is it. a "from scratch" (as they say) Matilda II.

MatildaII.jpg

It is still a WIP (which translated into Makjager-speak means it could be published within the life time of some of those alive today smile.gif ). It will eventually be offered in both the original British base color as well as the Soviet base color (my sources say that most lend-lease vehicles were not re-painted by the Soviets), clean and dirty, and I'm also toying with doing a Caunter Camouflage (North Africa/dazzle camo) version, a Malta version and several others.

Gordon

Nice work, Gordon! But then we wouldn't expect anything less. smile.gif

Originally posted by Gordon:

a "from scratch" (as they say) Matilda II.

I've tried to encourage the use of the term "hard-core" mod for these, but it's been slow to catch on. I guess it's considered, uh, well, a little strange. tongue.gif

Lovely!

You might want to download my 2-man turret Valentine just to have a look at the gun mantlet. The Valentine and Matilda mantlets were similar, and it was an awful chore getting the Valentine mantlet to look convincing. Hopefully a little compare/contrast will help you with yours :D:D:D

Hey Gordon I'm not into CMBB yet so won't be using this mod but just had to say it's nice to hear from you again and that is one damn nice looking mod - as usual! I am jealous of these guys having you do mods for CMBB. Great to see you back. Take care.

Originally posted by AndrewTF:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by von Lucke:

Heh --- I guess CM-Rehab didn't take. Mo' better for the rest of us!

As addictions go, it's pretty harmless. After all, have you ever seen someone lying in a gutter with a CMBB CD-ROM in his hand? :D

If so, let us all know who is was! </font>

Hey Gordon I'm not into CMBB yet so won't be using this mod but just had to say it's nice to hear from you again and that is one damn nice looking mod - as usual! I am jealous of these guys having you do mods for CMBB. Great to see you back. Take care.

Hey Gordon! Glad to see you back. Hope everything is going well for you & yours. Nice mod - looking forward to getting it.

Before anyone asks why the hell I'm still up at 3:46 in the morning; it's the weekend & as usual some idiot has set the fire alarm off in my building!!! :mad: Thank God for games like CMBB. I'd go completely kooky without the distraction they provide.

[ March 15, 2003, 03:52 AM: Message edited by: Rob Murray ]

Thanks all. I hope you'll like the finished product(s). I'm not really as much "back into modding" as I am just trying to not forget everything that I've learned over the last 3 years. So, please don't expect that I'll be producing a steady stream of mods, or that I'll have time to take up CMMOS development again (as much as I'd like to).

MikeyD,

Yes, I had previously downloaded your excellent Valentine mods, and while the manlets/3-D model are similar, and I'll be able to use your Valentine for inspiration/ideas to further improve the Matilda, they are sufficiently different to cause particular Matilda-specific problems.

I'll provide further preview pics as the situation warrents it (especially the Caunter Camouflage version as that's going to be "striking" to say the least).

Gordon

Ah ha..so we are reduced to this Dear Friend...i have to SCOUR threads to see any signs of life....no mention of progress via our Secret Network after an initial Peek a Boo...and now i find i am at the bottom of a thread which reminds me of "The Mine's " ;)

Great work Gordon...and too true...you do have to do the odd bit of Mod stuff to stop the seepage of all the knowledge down the drain.

Icm1947 ...you shower of cave dewellers in CMBO have not been forgotten...if only i could access my .mac account i would have some new Luchs pixs for you ( ie if i could remember my pw ).

Anyway... seeing Gordon flaunting his wares here this just proves that Old Modder's DONT die..they just rest a bit smile.gif

Regards

WIP ( Måkjager ) ;P

[ March 15, 2003, 03:52 PM: Message edited by: Måkjager ]