The 'Bone'. R.I.P.

Hey, it's mid-summer. I'm assuming the fine folks at BFC have been working on their suntans on Mediterranian beaches as a reward for a job well done. Possibly even on N. African Med. beaches!

As an asside, you see on TV President Qadaffi's suddenly trying to make-nice to the U.S.? Do you think this can have anything to do with the upcoming debut of CMAK? I think it does! ;)

Originally posted by MikeyD:

Hey, it's mid-summer. I'm assuming the fine folks at BFC have been working on their suntans on Mediterranian beaches as a reward for a job well done. Possibly even on N. African Med. beaches!

As an asside, you see on TV President Qadaffi's suddenly trying to make-nice to the U.S.? Do you think this can have anything to do with the upcoming debut of CMAK? I think it does! ;)

she don't eat meat,

but she sure likes the bone.

hurrah!

Originally posted by Michael Emrys:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by MikeyD:

Hey, it's mid-summer.

No, it's late summer. Mid-summer is June 21st. or thereabouts.

(Hey, we have to argue about something, don't we?)

:D

Michael </font>

Originally posted by Sir Augustus:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Michael Emrys:

Hey, it's mid-summer.

Michael </font>

Originally posted by Sergei:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Sir Augustus:

Hey, it's mid-summer.

Michael </font>

Now, when I was a child, we had proper winters, not one of those sissy Hollywood winters, but true Finnish ones. It was all the time -60 degrees Celsius, the only way to warm up was to kill ourselves so we'd get to Hell. I had to kill myself seventeen times in the morning just to get unfrozen enough that I could get up and go out and eat a Soviet tank regiment for breakfast. Good source of iron but poor in vitamins. I'm still having some digestion problems from those years, not to mention my time at a Salvation Army POW camp. I'd tell more, but my lawyer told me not to shock people with those stories any more.
Luxury. We used to have to kill ourselves with the family frozen haddock twenty seven times before we could even get up, eat a Soviet tank division for lunch while working a 78 hour day in the toothpick factory, and when we got home our Dad would thrash us to sleep with a broken Molotov bottle if we were lucky.

Pah! You crappy bunch of whiners don't know what tough times are. My mother handed me a pick and shovel and told me to dig my own way out of her womb. And that wuz just for starters.

I wuz weaned on rattlesnake venom, and I had to rassle the rattlesnakes myself or I wud a gone hungry.

When I ast muh daddy about goin' ter school, he sed the onlest schoolin' I's gonna get were a 2X4 upside the head if'n I didden finish diggin' out the pit fer the privy afore sunset.

Me'n muh 49 bruthers 'n' sisters ony had one bed a'tween us, so we hadda take turns sleepin'. An' the only way we cud put meat on the table wuz to bushwhack an occazunal traveler up on the turnpike.

Yeuh, I rekon I cud tell yuh 'bout tuff times...

Michael

Originally posted by Sir Augustus:

Hey, it's mid-summer.

Michael </font>

Originally posted by Michael Emrys:

Pah! You crappy bunch of whiners don't know what tough times are. My mother handed me a pick and shovel and told me to dig my own way out of her womb. And that wuz just for starters.

I wuz weaned on rattlesnake venom, and I had to rassle the rattlesnakes myself or I wud a gone hungry.

When I ast muh daddy about goin' ter school, he sed the onlest schoolin' I's gonna get were a 2X4 upside the head if'n I didden finish diggin' out the pit fer the privy afore sunset.

Me'n muh 49 bruthers 'n' sisters ony had one bed a'tween us, so we hadda take turns sleepin'. An' the only way we cud put meat on the table wuz to bushwhack an occazunal traveler up on the turnpike.

Yeuh, I rekon I cud tell yuh 'bout tuff times...

Michael

yah, and you tell the young people that today, and they don't believe ya...

Originally posted by zukkov:

yah, and you tell the young people that today, and they don't believe ya...

Damn youngsters, not like they used to be when I was young... just playing with their PC's and watching MTV all day long, when I was young the only amusement I had was to cut pieces off my body with a pair of rusty scissors...

Oh, and sorry about the earlier post, my memory has been failing me after I lost 89% of my head to a rabid poodle. I just realised that -60 would have been too warm for winter, so it must have been summer time.

Anyway, damn those youngsters! :mad: