Black Green

Never use that slogans :eek: :D They have wrong grammathic or bad case ... well 75% of them...

Do you have cyrilic font instaled? I think the slogan you use should have the view:

"Сломим фашистов" = 'Slomim fashistof' = 'crush fashists'

[ January 17, 2003, 02:18 AM: Message edited by: Leit ]

MrNoobie,

Looks damn good to me. :D

BTW, is there perhaps one Russian tank that you may have overlooked (like everyone else it seems)?

The ISU-122 :confused:

In the sea of fantastic mods I have installed, this one stands out of the crowd like an unloved Plain Jane that hasn't been to the beauty salon. All the other modded tanks are making fun of her. Please help end this victimisation.

Lt Bull

The ISU-122 :confused:
isu122.jpg

as for the slogans could you tell me which ones are right? and i will use those instead, i have every tactical markings and what regiments they belonged to available to me, im almost done with all the armor i just need to do the T26 and tankettes series then i will be done modding all of the armor and vehicles. once done i will add the optional tac for all of em (as well as slogans once i get the right meaning)

EDIT: forgot to respond to Leit, yes i have at least 4 versions of cryllic fonts installed please tell me which ones are spelled wrong, if you can post it here kthnx

[ January 17, 2003, 07:02 AM: Message edited by: MrNoobie ]

And don't tell me he whipped it up just for me!
of course not :D im going down by the list i just finished the SU series and now im doing the lend lease (all except anything that mikeyd does)

heres what ive done so far, all are done i just need to add the tactical markings and maybe some slogans (pending if they are spelled right)

T34's

KV (the black green was just a test)

Wheeled (BA10 etc)

SU's (except for the SU76i im not sure if this will get a new model)

all the Light Tanks (BT's, T26)

right now its the lend lease from there the captured vehicles then the last bunch will be the lowly tankettes. im almost there :D

On my monitor, at least, your Black-Green mod looks much closer in shade to the photos on this thread and also others I've seen elsewhere of Soviet AFVs with this color scheme.

Of course, no guarantee that the paint color hasn't changed with time. Paint usually fades rather than darkens with age, though.

I like it. As a nice side effect, I agree that it also makes the vehicle look 'heavier'.

Cheers,

YD

Mr Noobie can't wait for your Matilda mod...

i could be wrong but i think MikeyD has that on his to do list and whatever he does im not touching cuz its from scratch. i touch nothing if its from scratch. i tried first hand at building from scratch and you have to be so patient which im not, i want to get these out of the way :D

[ January 17, 2003, 02:53 PM: Message edited by: MrNoobie ]

MrNoobie

The most widespread coding for IE5... 6 is cyrilic windows. I use it here to post russian chars so if you have it you'll see right chars.

Patch for slogans(your link):

1. За Родину! For our homeland! -> 'Za rodinu'

2. This slogan can't be at all I think: no any sence in it.

3. За Советскую Эстонию. -> For Soviet Estonia "Za sovetsku Estoniu"

4. За Советскую Молдавию. -> For Soviet Moldova ""Za sovetsku moldaviu"

5. 'За Советскую Украину' -> For Soviet Ukrain

"Za sovetsku ukrainu"

6. Not Latvian Rifels but "Латышские стрелки" funy thing. In russian "Latvian riflemen" asotiated with October revolution 1917 as Lenin's bodyguards. this not from ww2 .. or very rare in north sector.

7. "Вперёд на Запад!" change it on simply 'На Запад!' - 'Na Zapad!' 'Go West!' - sorter and better.

8. "Вперёд на Берлин!" the same thing -> 'Na Berlin' 'На Берлин'

9. '(На) Вперёд!' simply Вперёд! don't used with (..)

10. This what you choose I route right variant upper.

11. the next "СМЕРТЬ фашистам!" "Smert` fashistam" "Death to fashists"

12. "Бей фашисткую гадину!" Hit fashist vipers!

13. Wau! all ok!! :D

14. Can't imagine such slogan. Forget it.

15. "Беспощадный" take the diference betwin "Щ" and "Ш"

16. Destroyer

17. "Мститель" lost last char.

18. "Боевая подруга" "Boevaja podruga" well translation not correct: xm.. srait translation would be "War girlfriend" ... Could be used to mark SU-* ... don't use it for tanks :D they have male gender.

19. good

20. good

21. good

22. "Сибиряк" "Sibirjak" "Siberian"

-----------------

23. good.

24. never hear that family

25. good

26. not shure. may be..

27. good

28. good

29. good.

30. "За Сталина!" avoid using this on light tanks ... on IS 2 or ISU

31. forget it

32. "Сталинец"

33. forget it. Party don't give sanction to use that name on such vulnerable units as tanks.

34. good

35. good

36. "Дзержинский"

37. good.

38. Well ... may be David realy was a hero, but his family ... falimly is bad for slogan its armanian family but in russian... asotiated with .. well I'd translate it like 'David Sucker'

39. "Чапаев"

40. never heare that family ... somthing before 1941 year I'm sure.

41. "Зоя Космодемьянская" difficult even for us :D

42. may be

43. A man wich tried to think to mark Soviet tank with the name of Bandera never see next morning... I don't even speak about his glory....

44. good

45. good

46. may be ... not shure

47. may be

48. I'm not shure... If the generel was dead at that time.

49. good

-----------------

ufffff I'a tired next time continue may be...

[ January 17, 2003, 05:29 PM: Message edited by: Leit ]