"The Luga Breakthrough" Tourney Now COMPLETE

Just a quick heads up.

There will be a small tourney starting the 2nd May 2005.

Four purpose built interconnected scenarios based upon the German drive towards Leningrad in August 1941.

They are small and interesting scenarios which can be resolved quickly. The tourney will have a quick turn around and only players who can commit to quick play need apply.

No prizes but something to give you a challenge and plenty of headaches.

If you are interested keep an eye on this thread and I will let you know when it is open for business and specify the exact tourney rules.

More later...

H

[ August 18, 2005, 12:03 PM: Message edited by: Holien ]

• Replies 292
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Right Sign Up Time is here.

Please e-mail me the following details: -

1. Player name,

2. Real Name,

3. E-mail Address to be used for tourney,

4. Section Pref (i.e. Timezone you can TCP IP in.)

Read the tourney rules below: -

Two Groups of 10 players per group. (This might be expanded depending on interest.)

There will be a reserve group of players.

Choose which group to play in based upon when you can game,

1. European Group

2. USA (aka everywhere else) Group.

You specify what group you want to join. Please ensure you can actually play when people are home from work in those time zones.

You must make a serious commitment to complete games within 4 weeks or sooner.

There will be four rounds.

1st round random mix of players.

2nd round players matched according to results.

3rd round players matched according to results.

4th round is the final best players matched with one another.

You must be doing three e-mails a day to complete or arrange TCP IP play.

If you can not commit to this then do not sign up.

After each week you must report back what turn you are on.

If after two weeks you are nowhere near completing and no clear commitment is made to complete then I reserve the right to supersede a player with a reserve player.

AAR not required but would be great to give the designers feedback. AAR thread to be set up after each scenario played.

If all players finish a scenario quickier than deadline then next scenario will be issued.

Scoring.

You will be rated against the other players of the same side. I.e. All Germans will be compared and all Russian players compared.

The best player of the Germans / Russians will be awarded 5pts, next best 4pts etc…

So each round (based on 10 players per group) a total of 15 points will be awarded to each side.

In cases of a draw the points will be split. I.e. The top position is split between two players the nine points would be split 4.5 each. (4 for second and 5 for first spot.)

The next round the players with comparable points will be placed against one another (as far as possible). You will always be a Russian or German, no swapping will take place.

The winner will be the player with the most points at the end. Ties will be be judged based upon any AAR submitted.

There might or might not be a prize depending on what I can muster together.

Any questions post them here so I can respond and all can see.

I will take entries as from now.

:D

Good luck and I expect files for game play to be sent out shortly after the weekend of 30th April at the latest, if not sooner.

H

Hi,

On my Calcs if you can only do weekday play and only do 3 mails a day it will not be quite enough.

It of course depends on your opponent and if you can do some TCP IP at night? If you can do that then four weeks is easily achievable.

The choice is yours, if in any doubt don't sign up. If you drop out it affects the other players and I really only want people who will commit come what may to completing the games in four weeks or less.

Cheers

H

If it's a twenty turn scenario and you wnat to finish in a month that would be sixty emails or two emails per day.

If there are 3 scenarios per round that would be 6 emails per day.

Holien can you be more specific on the amount of scenarios per round and aproximately how many turn they are?

No matter what I think TCP will be in order.

Hi Gents,

Sorry no reply yesterday.

Yes there are four total scenarios.

Yes one scenario per round.

Yes around 22 turns each.

As for the e-mails it will depend on who is watching etc.. so three is an average and I can no be specific as to who sends them as that will change each turn, if you see what I mean?

So far we have an all american tourney and if we get enough East coast and West coast players I shall have two groups to allow easier play.

If all players finish the scenario before the timelimit then we can move onto the next connected scenario.

I hope this helps?

H

Thanks Ted,

It looks like it has hit a plateau.

I will give it this weekend and then look at getting it underway the week of the 25th.

My aim is to get the 1st scenario to players by the 30th April ready for the 1st of May.

We certainly have one group of ten US players and if we get a few more US players we can get two groups up and running.

The scenarios are ready to go and have been play tested. I am just applying a brush to the briefings to create a consistent look and feel and double check typos etc... I should have that done this weekend.

H

smile.gif

Dooohahhhh

Yes, but you all look the same to me....

;)

Sorry, a slip of the keyboard and shows my ignorance.

H

P.s. we are nearly halway to another North American group. Any players that I have not offended please join in, if you can meet the tourney ideals.