"The Luga Breakthrough" Tourney Now COMPLETE

• Replies 292
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Revised figures

Ted ............vs jdsu..........FINISHED!!!

Brent Pollock.....vs MrSpkr........Turn 6

Sgt Gold..........vs Andrew Kulin..Turn 17

Preserved Killick.vs Abbott........FINISHED!!!

Walpurgis.........vs Malakovski....FINISHED!!!

Akula2............vs Neutral Party.Turn FINISHED!!

a1steaks..........vs Booz..........Turn FINISHED!!

H

[ June 09, 2005, 11:04 AM: Message edited by: Holien ]

Thanks for sending the results in for that Abbott.

Just got Roys mini AAR and thanks for that too.

smile.gif

That scenario is very tough and your game produced one of the best results so far.

Just three games to go and you can all have the third scenario.

H

[ June 07, 2005, 11:46 PM: Message edited by: Holien ]

Originally posted by Brent Pollock:

MrSpkr and I have been delayed by a fever that hit him mid-week. No news since Thursday night.

I do hope he is OK and can be up and running soon.

There is one week left to the deadline and after that I issue the next game and the players not yet completed are dropped out of the tourney.

You tell me when and if I should try and get a reserve player?

(There are a couple in the wings.)

Cheers

H

Right mornin gents,

Just off to work and will send out the next game either tonight (if I get a chance) or certainly by the end of Tuesday night.

That scenario was very tough on the Soviets and you have to be on top of the game to get a draw in that one.

As always you are being compared only with generals of the same side so it is a matter of how badly you did compared to the others of that side, or how well you did as the case might be.

The 12.5mm HMG is very useful if used well and knowing when to open up with the AT guns is another trick if you set your TRP's well (Or luck is with you.)

Anyway I hope it was not too painful and the next one will be a welcome change. (Perhaps?)

H

Originally posted by Holien:

The 12.5mm HMG is very useful if used well and knowing when to open up with the AT guns is another trick if you set your TRP's well (Or luck is with you.)

H

12.7mm HMG can take out pz38(t)A models pretty well with ease up to around 250 meters with flanking fire. However it is effective out to 500meters with flanking fire, which still routs the pz38(t)A. I was wondering why the 38(t)a was the pz model chosen for this scenario smile.gif

Hi,

More on this scenario on Tuesday night. It is really tough and I guess perhaps too tough.

I have just e-mailed the results and my calcs on the points so far.

After I have had sleep I shall send the scenario file and we shall see if the Soviets have more fun with this one.

smile.gif

H

Originally posted by Preserved Killick:

Congratulations and well done on your defence this round, Abbott.

Excellent tournament so far. smile.gif

Thank you. I was rather fortunate, I was also completely routed by the end of the battle. I do agree the tournament has been great fun so far.

[ June 14, 2005, 10:22 AM: Message edited by: Abbott ]

Right here are the final scores (i.e. round 0ne plus round two).

Allied Player--> Points

1.jdsu-----------> 12

2.Abbott---------> 11

3.Andrew Kulin---> 9

4.MrSpkr---------> 8

5.Neutral Party--> 8

6.Malakovski-----> 4

7.Booz-----------> 4

Axis Player----> Points

1.Brent Pollock--> 12

2.Walpurgis------> 10

3.Tracks---------> 10

4.Sgt Gold-------> 9

5.a1steaks-------> 6

6.Preserved Killick--> 5

7.Akula2----------> 4

So see who you will play next by matching the first number with that of the opposing player.

The Scenario files for round three are on the way out now.

H

Originally posted by Abbott:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Holien:

Hi,

I will carefully review the issues tonight and re-issue the scores if appropriate.

H

Just when I thought I could breath a sigh of relief.. </font>

Here's the Axis Briefing from round 2 ["fortifications" led me to think there would be Wooden MG bunkers to contend with]:

--------

Password : Poppy

9 August 1941

Situation: We have broken through and the Soviets are on the run. Their initial attempts to stop our advance with scratch blocking forces failed, and today our forces have advanced several kilometers without opposition. However, scouts now report enemy infantry forces digging in to our front in the vicinity of a shallow creek that runs through a valley scattered with stands of pine trees.

Mission: As the lead company of our column, you are to advance to contact and force your way across the stream, capturing the bridge to allow our forces to continue their rapid advance. Above all, you must smash the Soviet position - any delay to our general advance is not acceptable.

Forces: You have your company of panzergrenadiers, supported by an understrength company of panzers and two of the regimental infantry guns. In addition, you have priority on the battalion mortars. Finally, you have been given a platoon of pioneers to assist you in your assault operation and deal with any fortifications and obstructions the Soviets might have placed.

Opposition: Scouts report Soviet infantry, probably in company strength, dug in the vicinity of the bridge. We do not know what formation they belong to, so there is no information as to their quality. Chances are they are a composite unit made up of whatever could be scraped together, so just about anything could be over there.

--------

Hi Gents,

I have been busy this weekend and will be sending out the usual e-mail asking where you have reached on Tuesday night.

If people want to let me know before then, that would be good.

We have the fastest finish of a game in the tourney so far with Brent and Jdsu already finished.

Anyone else nearly done?

H