"The Luga Breakthrough" Tourney Now COMPLETE

• Replies 292
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you are American and can promise to complete games in a very tight time scale then no you are not too late to be a reserve.

In fact there are a few games that might need reserves if I do not get some promises from people.

Send me your details as per the start of this thread and you could well get to play.

I have heard from Andrew Kulin and he is stuck on turn 12.

So send me your details ASAP and I might have something.

H

Right just to make it absolutely crystal clear the dealine for the 1st round is: -

23rd May UK GMT 8am

Please let me know ASAP if you can not make that deadline and why?

Players signed up knowing that it was a 4 week turn around and you are letting all the other players down if you do not make that target.

H

Hi,

Just to let those who have finished this is what I have been told in regards to those still playing.

a1steaks vs jdsu Turn = 8

They promise to finish it at the weekend via TCP IP.

Akula2 Vs MrSpkr Turn = 11

Again they have said (well Akula2 has offered) to finish it via TCP IP. I hope that MrSpkr can do that too?

Victor Charlie Vs Andrew Kulin Turn = 12

Andrew has been in touch and I have sent an e-mail to Victor Charlie. If he does not respond to me soon I shall have to send in a reserve player. He has until tonight when I get home to e-mail me.

Bruceov Vs Theodor Turn = ??

These two chaps have not responded to any e-mails and as far as I can tell lost to all concerned? I hope they are OK and nothing bad in RL?

If they fail to get in touch by the end of the week then I have no recourse but to remove them from the tourney.

H

Good morning gents,

Thursday morning here and this time on Friday I shall be off for a long weekend.

If any player is in doubt about finishing off the games this weekend please get in touch today. (I can maybe get a reserve sorted out, but after Friday morning I can do nothing until Monday.)

If I do not have results with me by 1st thing Monday then both players in the game could be removed from the tourney so we can issue the next scenario.

Harsh but we need to keep things rolling and you knew when you signed up that there was a four week turn around.

H

Originally posted by Ted:

H

Have you heard from Bruceov Vs Theodor?

If not maybe you should find two replacements who may be able to tcp the game over the weekend.

Hi Ted,

Point noted but I think it is too late and the reserves will be needed for possible problems this weekend.

Can the reserves please get in touch ASAP if they can play TCP IP over the weekend.

We have one player who might or might not get connected to the WWW by his ISP after moving house.

We have another that should be back in town on Saturday and might be able to play on Sunday.

If this happens all well and good.

If not we might need two reserves that can play at a drop of a hat on Sunday.

The one game I have seen is right in the balance and you will not be walking into a no hope situation and you will only have to play around 10 turns which should not take long at all.

smile.gif

Please get in touch before 8am GMT on Friday morning so I can send you the passwords and introduce you to the players.

Cheers

H

Right just got the file from Andrew and Walpurgis

who stepped in for Victor Charlie after his ISP let him down.

I have had no word from a1steaks or jdsu and considering the deadline was yesterday I am very tempted to just move on.

They have until 10pm GMT today to get in touch. I just need to know if you finished your game? Please out of courtesy just drop me a line letting me know what the issues are, if any?

The results so far are very interesting and I will post these and send anyone who wants it a zip file of all the final files from the various games. Those who have finished can request those now and I will e-mail them out asap.

Cheers H

[ May 23, 2005, 12:35 PM: Message edited by: Holien ]

My apologise to Jdsu he had sent me a file and my spam filter provided by BT had knocked it out as junk mail...

Anyway we are ready to rock and here are the points given by side played.

Allied Players

jdsu--------> 7

MrSpkr------> 6

Andrew Kulin 5

Abbott------> 4

Malakovski--> 3

Neutral Party 2

Booz--------> 1

Axis Players

Tracks----------> 7

Brent Pollock---> 6

Sgt Gold--------> 5

Preserved Killick 4

Walpurgis-------> 3

Akula2----------> 2

a1steaks--------> 1

This means that if you have the same number that is who you get to play next.

I would post the excel spreadsheet but the format gets knackered here.

E-mails on the way and spreadsheet attached to e-mail so you can see exactly how you did.

H

[ May 23, 2005, 01:20 PM: Message edited by: Holien ]

Ohhh and one final post for the night before I hit the sack.

1st the deadline for this game (2nd Scenario) is the 20th June, or sooner if you good gentlemen knock out the turns quickly.

2nd you are more than welcome to discuss the merits or otherwise of the scenario (just completed), I am sure the designer and play testers will answer any questions you have.

I must say that after play testing the scenario several times I thought we might have over balanced it to the Germans, but after some stunning Russian results I am not sure that is the case.

smile.gif

Cheers

H

P.s You should all have the next files as I have just e-mailed them out.

[ May 24, 2005, 05:11 AM: Message edited by: Holien ]

Yes MrSpkr your 6 is exceedingly good.

In fact it entitles you to play someone else who got a 6.

If you get 3 more six's then you could well win the tourney.

smile.gif

But remember folks it is not the winning but the playing that is important. (Well that is what I tell myself after being thrashed....)

;)

Now would you be so kind as to get those turns rolling and not keep us all waiting until the last moment as you did in the last game. Brent will be waiting for his set up.

H

[ May 24, 2005, 02:33 PM: Message edited by: Holien ]

Yes - don't make me call a "point of order", MrSpkr ;)

Originally posted by Holien:

Yes MrSpkr your 6 is exceedingly good.

Now would you be so kind as to get those turns rolling and not keep us all waiting until the last moment as you did in the last game. Brent will be waiting for his set up.

H

I'm sorry, Representative, that motion is out of order at this time.

Ahem.

Brent, I'll have a setup out to you tonight-ish. I'm in the middle of a job hunt (last paycheck is next week) and so it might be a day or two before I realy get in the swing of it. We will get finished.

What time zone are you in and when is a good itme to exchange turns?

Steve

Calgary, Alberta = Mountain Time

No real rush; between sports for the kids and orchestra rehearsal for me this week, there're plenty other things chewing up evening time.

Schedule will open up after next Monday and then we'll be able to finish right quick.

My turn rate is usually one each after breakfast & supper. Half of the weekends are at the same rate, but the other half much more frequent, especially at night.

Originally posted by MrSpkr:

I'm sorry, Representative, that motion is out of order at this time.

Ahem.

Brent, I'll have a setup out to you tonight-ish. I'm in the middle of a job hunt (last paycheck is next week) and so it might be a day or two before I realy get in the swing of it. We will get finished.

What time zone are you in and when is a good itme to exchange turns?

Steve

ALL - I will try to remember to post the AAR I sent to Holien, along with the pictures.