The Four Horsemen of the Apocalypso...

Originally posted by Berlichtingen:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Gaylord Focker:

i've never heard this sentence before in my life

Never? Don't read the classics much (whether for pleasure or forced to in school)? To see it in a context outside this board, I would suggest chapter one of Pride and Predudice.

so i may as well ask so i know right?
The only fool is one that fails to ask... and Cabron of course.

In this case, mean is a somewhat archaic usage meaning low in value or quality. Combine this with understanding, again somewhat archaic usage meaning intelligence. When combined in a sentence such as you are a man of mean understanding it can be translated into modern lingo as yur an idjit. </font>

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by Seanachai:

Berli, you're a man of very nice and accurate perceptions.

Where ever you post it turns to a quasi AOL chat saved from total damnation only by the posts of posters who are not dependent upon the arrival of internet buddylisters to join in posting masterbation to boost non existant self asteem which in turns only displays it en mass for the rest of us.

Bravo.

Originally posted by Gaylord Focker:

Where ever you post it turns to a quasi AOL chat saved from total damnation only by the posts of posters who are not dependent upon the arrival of internet buddylisters to join in posting masterbation to boost non existant self asteem which in turns only displays it en mass for the rest of us.

*sniff* Oh well, Jane Austin, the abridged hoodz version. I suppose this is the bit where Mr Darcey starts slapping Mrs Bennett with a riding crop? Magical. I particularly liked "posting masterbation to boost non existant self asteem". Almost poetic in execution... Royal Mail letter boxes now have a certain... err... well... er, does one go for first or second class? Though "self asteem"? Really? Me begs some clarification: "self astern" more likely!

Carry on...

Yeknod

[ October 13, 2003, 01:08 AM: Message edited by: Yeknodathon ]

I have returned. It has displeased me to see that my prophets are but a bunch of slackass posterboys.

My thoughts have wondered to making war on Gaylord Focker, for he gets on my nerves. I shan't be bothered though. Inexorably, the emptyness that is his life will sag in on him, and crush him to a black pulp, devour his spirit, and leave not even the hollow shell of what once (maybe) was a man.

Then again, looking at his posts, that has probably happened already.

Originally posted by Andreas:

I have returned. It has displeased me to see that my prophets are but a bunch of slackass posterboys.

My thoughts have wondered to making war on Gaylord Focker, for he gets on my nerves. I shan't be bothered though. Inexorably, the emptyness that is his life will sag in on him, and crush him to a black pulp, devour his spirit, and leave not even the hollow shell of what once (maybe) was a man.

This post seems to simply be a mirror of your own self Andreas, or do you prefer Mars these days?

Originally posted by Andreas:

Girlfriend's knickers chafing around the groin again? I recommend a quick trip to the laundrette. Get the cheese off them.

Originally posted by Elijah Meeks:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Marlow:

Give the Forum over to the likes of Geier,

Whoa, whoooa. Um, let's not ever post anything like that again, okay? Christ on a binge, gives me the jeeblies just thinking about it... </font>

Originally posted by Geier:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Marlow: Give the Forum over to the likes of Geier,

Ahaa.

Yes. It will be a smooth transition for everyone involved I'm sure. Some small minor tiny puny and insignificant modifications, yes, perhaps. No one will notice a thing. You may rest assured. </font>

Originally posted by Soddball:

Girlfriend's knickers chafing around the groin again? I recommend a quick trip to the laundrette. Get the cheese off them.

Snotball, snotball. (May I call you 'snotty'?) I had such high hopes for you. Soon I thought that, even you are probably nothing but a Kentish lout, but with a good heart, I would elevate you into the ranks of my prophets. But look what you have done. A limpwristed attempt to be either funny or insulting, it is impossible to tell even for someone with my powers of comprehension, and alas my error is exposed.

You leave me no choice but to say in a mild-mannered voice 'Cry Havoc!' and let slip the hounds of war unto Kent. Yes, Kent. That haven of white trash and teenage mothers of three leeching the welfare system to the bone. That foul nest of London City workers with salary figures that are inversely related to their IQs. That abominable heap whence the Tories hail. That Ohio of the UK. Now it is to see the worst I have to offer (as soon as I have had a cup of tea and a scone). And it is on your head. I tried to be generous. I really did.

Once I am finished with it, I hand it over to Dorosh and Emrys, with Berli dredging up the scrapes.

Goodbye snotty.

Originally posted by Seanachai:

trumpet sounds

WAR, FAMINE, PESTILENCE AND DEATH!

Ready yourselves, lads. There's a suspicious looking poster in the 'Why is this forum so happy' thread.

If you are referring to whomever calls himself 'Reincarnation', I immediately picked up on him when I came across a post from him in the new CAS thread in the CMAK forum. He seems to be pretending to be more mature and settled this time around, but I still sense the seething rage bubbling away beneath the surface at not being proclaimed god emperor yet. Maybe we should start a pool on how long it takes him to explode into outright vituperation this time. No fair overtly provoking him though, let him come to it on his own. It will reveal more interesting details about his pathology that way.

Famine

[ October 22, 2003, 04:36 AM: Message edited by: Michael Emrys ]

Originally posted by flamingknives:

Surely you mean that the CMAK CAS thread is looking a bit cabronated - it has been a bit close to the flames.

If it isn't him, then it's someone else doing a remarkably good impression and paying attention to the same things.

It's hilarious, isn't it? It's like he's come on to the Forum wearing one of those Groucho style fake glasses, nose and mustache ensembles, and now wishes to be considered 'rehabilitated'.

Wonder if he'll keep it together this time?