*Seelow Heights battle pack preview* (Updated)

Updated, new pictures and information posted. (July 17, 2003)

I am happy to anounce that the Combat Scenario Design team is working on a series of battles dealing the battle for Seelow Heights. The pack covers battles from first Russian attackes on Reitwein Spur in February 1945 through April 1945 when they pushed their way over Seelow heights and towards Berlin, only 60 miles away.

Scenario desigers are, Rob "Panzerman" Disney, Tom 'Warmonger" Grace and Steve "The Mad Russian" Overton. The pack will include over ten battles covering fanatic German defence and massive Russian attacks.

For full preview click on the link below.

Seelow Heights Battle Pack Preview Page

[ July 17, 2003, 04:13 PM: Message edited by: Panzerman ]

Originally posted by Lindan:

Seelow Heights has been covered for a while by Warpheads excellent operation (available at Boots&Tracks if I'm not mistaken)

Can you say something about the differences between the Operation and your battle pack?

Uh, one of the designers was decked out in full Goth gear and listening to Ministry when he designed it. He also had a rabbit sitting on his lap, pissed off and showing his teeth.

The battle took place over a large area, a little hard to cover in just one operation. Although I have not played the operation in question the scale is a little different. We aren't just coving one part of the battle for Seelow Heights, but battles that tooks place over a period of three months... a little hard to do in one operation. ;)

• 4 weeks later...

Thanks Paulus. If everything goes well it will be out in two weeks; which is what I am aiming for. Studing these battles has been interesting for sure. A lot of crazy things happened around and on the Heights... Stalin wanted things done quickly, either that or someones head was going to roll. We have enjoyed studing and making the battles so I hope that everyone enjoys playing them.

I can look into it and ask the other members of the team; although I am not sure if we will do another pack for a while. A few of us were working on battles around Kursk before, but B&T has a pack on that, although they have covered different battles, I'm not sure if we will finish those now. We were working on some of those nice big tank battles that some people like. ;) Anyway I will ask the others and see if we can do Kiev or Smolensk. I assume you mean during the German advance in 1941.

[ July 18, 2003, 02:23 AM: Message edited by: Panzerman ]