Whiners...grrr...

:mad:

I'm pretty fed up with whiners who blame the game to be unrealistic/full of bugs when they lose something important (big tanks usually).

Whining eats my joy when I manage to accomplish a cool move or something.

I'm playing a PBEM-game (allied attack) where my only tank, Panzer IVG destroyed immobilized Valentine (214m, hull down for me) and immediately after that closing KV-I m41 (119m, hull down for me). Now my Panzer is a unrealistic rambotank which kills everything with the first shot.

My AT-guns have destroyed KV-I & T-70. He still has 2 T-70s.

This isn't the first time when my PBEM-mate whines and everytime whining pisses me off.

I think I'll just hit the surrender button and quit playing with him. I just want playing to be fun and for God's sake, IT'S A GAME!

How do you feel about whiners?

If you are a whiner, what do you get from whining?

I long ago realized that even when things seem unfair, my opponents either play to win OR to have fun and hopefully win in the process (the latter'd be me). The object is to have fun by trying to win or just to play the game to have fun. If you whine you are not having fun, and you probably aren't playing well either. If you play to win you can't expect to win, right?

Then again, everyone has a bad turn once in awhile. I consider it a fair gesture to listen to no more than a turn or two's worth of whining but my regular opponents rarely complain. And, every once in awhile I'll get a bad scenario (too much air cover) or some aberrant behavior (your tank targets the wrong thing) that I can't help whining about.

I like whiners. I am one myself.

Really, I like to have a good whinge about the unfairness of god and the universe during a game. I don't mean it and supply and unhealthy amount of emoticons while doing so. But it makes for fun communication with a person you don't really know and might have little in common with.

Nothing quite like supplying your opponent with a heart wrenching commentary of what you felt like when that Veteran Stug misses six shots at 200m and getting killed with the first shot when the SU-85 finally turns to face the Stug. smile.gif

I had the same experience in CMBO with one opponent, who agreed to computer picked forces, then cried when I got a Churchill AVRE, cried because my troop quality was Green while his was conscript, and after turn 20 of 30 refused to play anymore. I made an offhand comment about my troops quality being low, he demanded to see things from my side, I sent him my password (which at that time was my email sign on password, my ebay password, etc.), he refused to send his and came on the forum to cry about how I was cheating.

One of his other opponents emailed me to tell me that he played a QB with him under similar conditions, and the map was nearly identical - ie little cover and almost flat, favouring the defender (which he was in both cases).

I'm still mad about that one, but you roll with the punches...

Originally posted by Michael Emrys:

I cry at weddings, does that count?

;)

Michael [/QB]

Oh YOU'RE one of those guys who whine at weddings :"Oooh, it's so unfair and unrealistic that this beautiful woman with big boobs will marry THAT guy instead of me! Where's the Quickload button?"

I salute all CMBO-CMBB-CMAK-non-whiners (let's exclude weddings this time). You guys can take a setback like a man. :D

[ November 11, 2003, 10:05 AM: Message edited by: Kaiser Soze 71 ]

Originally posted by Michael Dorosh:

I had the same experience in CMBO with one opponent, who agreed to computer picked forces, then cried when I got a Churchill AVRE, cried because my troop quality was Green while his was conscript, and after turn 20 of 30 refused to play anymore. I made an offhand comment about my troops quality being low, he demanded to see things from my side, I sent him my password (which at that time was my email sign on password, my ebay password, etc.), he refused to send his and came on the forum to cry about how I was cheating.

One of his other opponents emailed me to tell me that he played a QB with him under similar conditions, and the map was nearly identical - ie little cover and almost flat, favouring the defender (which he was in both cases).

I'm still mad about that one, but you roll with the punches...

Dorosh, stop whining about the whiners.

a) Try tactical counter-whining. Kill his KV but let him kill something else in return. Whine louder then he does. Use a larger font. Exploit FOW. Tell blatant lies.

"NOOOOOO! AAAHHHHHHRRRGGGH! MY PRECIOUS KUBELWAGEN WITH THE TWO 450MM ARTY OBSERVERS! BASTARD! HOW COULD YOU KNOW THAT? HOW COULD YOU EVER HIT IT AT MORE THAN 200 YARDS? CHEATER!"

"YOU &$§%$ KILLED THAT ELITE WASSEN-FF SQUAD", which had only one panicked man and no ammo left, "WITH A SINGLE BURST! IMPOSSIBLE! GRRRRRNNNNMMM! HATE! DISGUST!"

B) exit half your troops in turn 1. If you still win each game, you definitely have a problem.

I remember playing "Battleship" with my sister in the sixties.."Mom! Billy sunk my battleship" and then she would kick me! Whiners are just little sisters at heart..just be glad they are not there to kick you!

I don't cry at weddings but I do fart after eating Kilbasa! :D Kilbasa and cabbage......can knock a buzzard off an outhouse! :D

Originally posted by Michael Dorosh:

I had the same experience in CMBO with one opponent...

Well, but wasn't that situation (I only remember the basics) a little different, Michael? He wasn't simply whining, he was actually accusing you of cheating somehow, wasn't he?

Personally, I love whiners. It lets me know I'm having the desired impact. It's even better if you can get them to cry.

Originally posted by Kaiser Soze 71:

How do you feel about whiners?

Doesn't whining keep me one level up from those opponents who just vanish, never to be heard from again?

If you are a whiner, what do you get from whining?
I thought with v1.03, that if I whine loud and long enough, I get extra reinforcements.

Sincerely,

Captain Unconscious

:mad:

I'm pretty fed up with whiners who blame the game to be unrealistic/full of bugs when they lose something important (big tanks usually).

Whining eats my joy when I manage to accomplish a cool move or something.

What do you expect? A letter of admiration??

This is war, man, and propaganda is all part of it. You're losing the propaganda war: pull yourself together.

And don't come whining here expecting sympathy!

Sheesh!

;)

GaJ.

Actually...My opinion is that if there are 2 choices - have to read whining / opponent disappear for good, I would choose disappearing. A whiner can stick around like a burdock and getting rid of him might be difficult...

I'd rather my opponents whine than disappear in the middle of a game without a word. :rolleyes:

Best regards,

Willy the Whiner