Big bad boys mod preview (UPLOADED TO CM MOD DATABASE)

Well, I haven't had any time to do any serious modding, but I wanted to do some fiddling around, so I decided I'd do the IS-2, ISU-122, ISU-122S and ISU-152 Svinarnik versions. They each feature optional markings for Soviet Red Army Stars, Guards emblems, various Polish and Czechoslovak formations as well as turret/superstructure ID bands and different aerial recognition marking styles (different examples of which can be seen in the previews below).

SV_IS-2_Preview.jpg

SV_ISU-122_Preview.jpg

SV_ISU-122S_Preview.jpg

SV_ISU-152_Preview.jpg

As soon as I get a life again, I'll get back to working on the winter version of my M3A1 Scout Car and then work on the M5 and M17 base mods.

Gordon

[ June 05, 2003, 07:47 PM: Message edited by: Gordon ]

Nice to see you back ( now & again ). Will these be CMMOS compatible ( I've learned how CMMOS mods for myself now - so your secret's out )? Still using crappy homemade icons as I haven't figured out how to resize the icon bmps so that the mods fit on them - at least they work anyway.

Axe2121,

Yes, I actually do still consider myself retired. Anyone who remembers my output of CMBO mods, let alone the work involved with writing and supporting CMMOS understands. smile.gif

Warmaker,

Once they are finished, they'll be added to the CM:HQ CMMOS mod queue.

aka_tom_w,

I should get them into the pipeline this weekend, but there's quite a backlog of mods in the CM:HQ CMMOS pipeline, so I have no idea when they'll actually be published.

Rob,

Yes, they'll be CMMOS only. The Matilda II and M3A1 mods I posted to CMMODS are non-CMMOS versions of my original CMMOS mods which are still in the pipeline for publishing (I think).

MikeT,

I'm getting to it. :D

MikeyD,

IS-2s at 10 paces?!? ;) That could get messy. :rolleyes:

sitzkrieg,

Hey! You're still around. Long time no speak.

Thanks all,

Gordon

FYI,

I've posted the CMMOS versions of my summer and winter Matilda II mods and my summer M3A1 mod to CMMODS. I'll still submit everything to CM:HQ so that there's a single location that has all CMMOS mods, but this should help with the wait. When I submit the big bad boys I'll do so to both CM:HQ and CMMODS.

Gordon

Gordon, I am having way too many problems with CMMOS :mad: My fault, I just can't get it to obey my computer commands. :rolleyes: So, I'm pretty much a CMMOD database user. I think they are just fine. Any way I can beg you to issue your ISU 152's for CMMOD database? :confused: I could mail you money, but what the hell would you do with Chinese Renmin bi? :D

Your IS-2's worked out great. these are, IMHO easily the best mods I have seen so far. I can't pay (bribe) you, so will a little butt kissing work? :rolleyes:

Oops!!! Was it YOUR IS-2 or MikeyD's??? Damn if I can remember. I can't even play the sychophant role right. :rolleyes:

So, apologiies to MikeyD if if was his mod (both are similar--his has the bear decal right?)but damn Gord, your mods are smoking! Let me know if you can release the ISU 152 to CMMODs. I sure would appreciate it.

Haw haw. Yup, when you posted your IS-2 previews just as I was putting the finishing touches on my mod my very first thought was "This is going to get confusing!" :D

And tooz, it's a rhino decal ;)

[ June 04, 2003, 09:42 AM: Message edited by: MikeyD ]

Oh yeah, a RHINO! :rolleyes: Nothing like showing everyone how stupid I am. :( Regardless, will SOMEONE GIVE ME A 1SU 152 MOD THAT IS AT LEAST AS COOL AS GORDON'S? Wah! I want one, I want one! (If I was mature for 46 years old do you think I'd be playing computer games all of the time?)Well, gotta run and buy some Chapstick, I'll need it for all of that butt-kissing I'm gonna do... ;)

Ok, I just finished uploading the CMMOS versions of the Svinarnik IS-2, ISU-122, ISU-122S and ISU-152 featuring Soviet, Polish and Czech markings to CM Mod Database. Once they're up on CM:HQ, you'll also want to pick up the new version of the Svinarnik Rule-set so that the multi-vehicle changes work properly.

For non-CMMOS users, it should be relatively easy to strip off the file suffixes to pick the versions you want as there's only one simple little overlay option that you can ignore.

Gordon

A great day for CMBB!

First the 1.03 final patch. Now some excellent mods from Gordon.

So what's this "CMMOS" you speak of and how do I use it? ;)

Keith

PS Yep, still around. I've been in lurk mode more than anything the past few months. Been VERY busy getting into some serious web development. Just getting back into CMBB. Glad to see you're still around as well.