What games are you playing beside CM?

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by Gadzilla:

I have a pretty good IL-2 addiction going right now. I use the same screen name in the Hyperlobby multiplayer. Not to brag but I'm always being talked about when I play.

"Gadzilla looses wing to So and So's fire"

"Gadzilla fried in cockpit"

"Gadzilla crashes"

ect

LOL ! :D

I'd like to give this a go online. I've got Hyperlobby but haven't installed yet. What's it like online ? Do you play plain dogfights, co-ops or what ?

I'm all for Cessna's idea of a match online ! So far I've only been humiliated by AI's I-16s and crappy Soviet bombers, and am looking forward to be shot down by a human opponent. :D

I think I'd be available in Saturday/Sunday, how about you guys ?

Originally posted by Prinz Eugen:

I'm all for Cessna's idea of a match online ! So far I've only been humiliated by AI's I-16s and crappy Soviet bombers, and am looking forward to be shot down by a human opponent. :D

Don't mock the I-16 - it's surprisingly scrappy. The thing can turn on a dime and has good machineguns. It can hold its own - I've shot down a few planes with one.

I think I'd be available in Saturday/Sunday, how about you guys ?

I think that could be good!

I'd prefer to do a mission, if we could, rather than a free-for-all. I've found that random shoot-'em-ups get old pretty fast...

The servers on the hyperlobby are pretty good. Most games consist of shooting down a number of enemy planes / killing pilots or completing an objective ... ie shooting up supply coloum. So the battles tend to be less of a free for all than in other flight sims. The servers also have different realism setting, so its easy to find a game that you can enjoy.

I personally like the following three servers

Warclouds_TOH

Warclouds_44

Forgottenserver

Hyperlobby also has standard dogfigth servers and coop ... but I have not given them a try.

CMBB and CMAK of course!

FAR CRY is a lot of fun, but I just started. I can't speak for depth of play yet.

I play a number of the HPS PANZER CAMPAIGNS games.

I'm waiting for the next patch for AIRBORNE ASSAULT: HIGHWAY TO THE REICH.

I've just started to dabble in HEARTS OF IRON again. And I'm waiting for the next patch for VICTORIA.

Plus I'm waiting, as I have been for years, for ALL AMERICAN: 82nd AIRBORNE IN NORMANDY.

Much of my gaming beyond CM involves waiting, as you can see. Does anyone have this problem?

Originally posted by Yaphank:

Out of the Park Baseball.

Second this. OOTP6 just came out and I'm leading the Texas Rangers to the '04 World Series and a trophy for me for "most unbelievable managerial wizardry of all time" - should I win the World Series as the Rangers manager. :D

What else am I playing besides CM? Well it sure as hell

IS NOT GI: Combat or SQUAD ASSAULT. ;)tongue.gif:rolleyes:

Nope, like other posters here I am waiting--and hoping that Wartime Command lives up to the previews. However, just saw that this game ALSO had its release date postponed (now available in winter 2004). Sheesh! Sure hope I live long enough to see these new designs--and CMx2 released.

So BFC, GET ON WITH IT! :D

I have installed HoI with last patch (1.06) and a CORE mod (waiting for others mods to be released anyway), it plays well.

Also have AA:HTTR, which I find very fine and revolutionary (Martyr why are you waiting for the next patch? the guns leading problem or what?).

So I have:

tactical level - CM

operational level - HTTR

grand strategy - HoI 1.06 with mod (it's much better than earlier betas, that's for sure)

I'm lacking an strategy level game, any suggerence? Korsun Pocket it's good?

Also have AA:HTTR, which I find very fine and revolutionary (Martyr why are you waiting for the next patch? the guns leading problem or what?).
That's precisely it. I don't really think of it as a game-killer, but my plate is pretty full (mostly with work), and I'll let the next update be what draws me back to HTTR.