MasterAle's Good Waffle of Cheery Thread

Originally posted by Das Reich:

hey, can someone tell me how I can keep both the 1.00 exer file and download the 1.01?

Someone posted on the forum with some process of copying the 1.00 exe file. Do I just copy it? then put it back in after I patch the game up?

Das Reich, I'm sorry but this thread is purely for Cheery Waffle.

If you're expecting to find anything worth reading here you're labouring under a misconception.

However, I remember reading the post you're referring to (although I couldn't find it with a quick search) and I do believe that's all there is to running both patched and virgin versions of the game. Just give the .exes different names and set up two shortcuts. Give it a go ... worse things happen at sea.

Teddy

[ January 08, 2003, 07:08 AM: Message edited by: Edward Windsor ]

• Replies 304
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by Edward Windsor:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Das Reich:

hey, can someone tell me how I can keep both the 1.00 exer file and download the 1.01?

Someone posted on the forum with some process of copying the 1.00 exe file. Do I just copy it? then put it back in after I patch the game up?

Das Reich, I'm sorry but this thread is purely for Cheery Waffle.

If you're expecting to find anything worth reading here you're labouring under a misconception.

However, I remember reading the post you're referring to (although I couldn't find it with a quick search) and I do believe that's all there is to running both patched and virgin versions of the game. Just give the .exes different names and set up two shortcuts. Give it a go ... worse things happen at sea.

Teddy</font>

Originally posted by Edward Windsor:

Teddy

Teddy, for your information, it worked. I copied the 1.00 shortcut and renamed it CMBB_100, then updated the game by running the patch, then I moved the 100.exe file back into the CM folder and both now work fine.

If anyone is up for a short PBEM game, let me know...

Teddy, for your information, it worked.

Bloody hell. Sometimes I amaze even myself. Well done - he who dares and all that.

If anyone is up for a short PBEM game, let me know...

Blimey, Leutnant Hortlund never needs a second invitation - he’s always in like Flynn. Just remember you can never beat a lawyer…

If Soddball and I can ever find any damn TNT to chuck at each other in the Black Forest and put ourselves out of our self-inflicted misery, I'll show you how we do things in Blighty.

Stiff upper lip,

Teddy

Updates:

Hortlund is sitting on a big box of luck today. Lucky, lucky lucky luck luck. Oooh, I hate him and his lucky T-34.

14 turns have now gone by in my game against Teddy Windsor, and nobody has spotted no-one. Goodale, you are a twonk of the highest order. Never, ever darken my door again.

Originally posted by Soddball:

Updates:

14 turns have now gone by in my game against Teddy Windsor, and nobody has spotted no-one. Goodale, you are a twonk of the highest order. Never, ever darken my door again.

Angry Out Loud!! :mad: :mad: :mad:

sometimes it takes a while to find the enemy maggot! When you do I swear by the inventor of TNT you'll wish you hadn't!! :mad:

I hope Windsor shoves so much flaming TNT up your tight ass it implodes!! :mad:

Originally posted by MasterGoodale:

I hope Windsor shoves so much flaming TNT up your tight ass it implodes!! :mad:

MasterGoodale, once again I find myself deeply moved by your stirring words. I will endeavour to do everything I can to ensure your faith in my abilities isn't misplaced and that Soddball's bottom is so sore his boyfriend will have to start wearing the dress.

Leutnant Hortlund and Das Reich, I've had some distressing news that could be to your advantage. After putting aside a CMBB-sized window in my hectic schedule for a good friend who got the game at Christmas (due in no small part to my months of constant nagging - do I qualify for a free gift?), I have been saddened to learn he has taken one look at the size of the manual and decided that along with a full-time job and huge amounts of coursework it will be at least six weeks before hostilities can begin.

This begs the question: would either/both of you like to fill my slot?

Edward

Edward "Maggot Mouth" Windsor you punk-rock-loving, skunk-pussy-banging, flag-burning, CMBB-skill-lacking, non-TNT-chucking, kraut-loving, non-wwII-knowing, tank-in-the-ditch-driving, highschool-quitting, non-rifle-firing, non-execrising, fat-assed junk-food-eating bloated sack of cusk cock!! :mad: :mad:

I swear my Holy Mary our sweet mother of jesus if you even THINK of stepping one foot on my TNT-lathered battlefield I will shove so much TNT up your ass you'll swear you'd just been raped by a whole gaggle of angry Arabs!!! :mad: :mad:

GGRAGRRAGRAGRAGR!!! GAGRRGGRAGRAGR!!! GRRRR! :mad: :mad:

[ January 09, 2003, 11:02 AM: Message edited by: MasterGoodale ]

Edward "Maggot Mouth" Windsor you punk-rock-loving, skunk-pussy-banging, flag-burning, CMBB-skill-lacking, non-TNT-chucking, kraut-loving, non-wwII-knowing, tank-in-the-ditch-driving, highschool-quitting, non-rifle-firing, non-execrising, fat-assed junk-food-eating bloated sack of cusk cock!! :mad: :mad:

I swear my Holy Mary our sweet mother of jesus if you even THINK of stepping one foot on my TNT-lathered battlefield I will shove so much TNT up your ass you'll swear you'd just been raped by a whole gaggle of angry Arabs!!! :mad: :mad:

GGRAGRRAGRAGRAGR!!! GAGRRGGRAGRAGR!!! GRRRR! :mad: :mad:

It seems like he's going soft on us. He's using the old words, but he doesn't seem to have the passion he once did. Maybe the problem has been reading his AAR and the message about his sick baby. I've been forced to conclude he actually is human, instead of some Big-Foot or Yeti wannabe. :rolleyes:

Just get your turn out you lazy pile of penis puss and shut yer maggot hole!! :mad:

I'll get the turn out tonight, you big marshmallow! :D In the terrain you selected, I'm expecting to run into Julie Andrews and the von Trapp family hiking out of Austria. tongue.gif