The Forum's not finished until the Fat Goodale waffles his last cherry

• Replies 295
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's right, you sad, Kiwi pillock. Keep the 'lesser thread' here.

You are all still playing CMBB. You are a challenge/smack talking thread.

We are so much more. We are in the new Forum. We await your coming to join us.

We shall be profoundly grateful for this brief respite of wit and intelligence.

But We of the Peng Challenge know that you lot will eventually notice how wet your shoes are, and, however slowly and half-wittedly, make your way to a new, dry place to soil yourselves.

[ October 14, 2003, 02:38 AM: Message edited by: Seanachai ]

Speaking of cold dead hands....

Wasn't Abbot or some other lip challenged maggot s'posed to be making a scenario so as I can pound MGoodwaffles face into the dirt again?

Me: Eat some worms you assmonkey!

Goodwaffle: mrrmppmmmmphfff

Me: Had enough? No? Ok have some more!!! :mad: :mad:

Goodwaffle: mplehmrrmmmrffff

Originally posted by Axe2121:

Thanks for caring enough to point it out. Starting the day on a good note is soooo important. :mad: :mad:

My day started at 4:15am because I couldn't sleep. It didn't help that I went to bed at 1:30am after drinking two bottles of red wine. So, here I am, twelve hours after I passed out through grape poisoning, relying on cans of coke and bloody-mindedness to make it to the end of the day. I am not a happy camper. :mad:

Axe. You suck, and I rule. I will slay you, and your great aunt's pet weasel, on CM:AK, when it comes out. I'm going for an Ethiopia 1940 campaign, with you playing as the Eyetalians. :mad:

Good morning, fellow maggots of the Cheery Empire!! That previous thread must have been locked minutes after this one started. Again!

Posted by mike_the_whiner (about the BDLRM scenario)

Once it is all said and done, send it to me Dave. I can't do any worse than you did. :D

Mike, don't sell yourself short. I'm sure if you really put your mind to it that you could do <big>much</big> worse than me. tongue.gif:D

So Seanachai's been into the wine again, has he? Otherwise how could he have missed the Cheery Waffle thread in the CMAK forum? Or maybe he just has difficulty comprehending words longer than p-e-n-g. I'd volunteer for duty as Seanachai's personal stalker, but I can't follow him into that thread where he spends 99% of his time. :eek:

I'm now down to PBEMs with Jim Boggs, _UXcva, Becket, THumpre, and GrumpyBear. Jim and I have our pseudo-CMAK battle in high gear, with my Valentines and Matildas mixing it up with his Pz IIIs. Valentines appear to have an unusual armor arrangement, with the upper hull front having the thinnest armor. Is it gamey to fight an entire battle with my tanks moving in reverse? Mike_the_gamey, can I get a ruling? :confused:

_UXcva and I are still in the throes of Cheery Waffle version 2.0, and we're approaching the end. Many fires are burning, which is par for the course when playing a Soddball scenario. Speaking of whom, welcome back to reality Soddball. How was life in the 15'th century?

THumpre and GrumpyBear are both fighting the BDLRM. It's going to be tough for either of them to gain a Major Victory like one BDLRM player has accomplished. Unfortunately, it's not impossible. :(

Becket and I are just into an Abbott scenario which is in early testing. After one whole turn all of my men are still in one piece. I think I'll go for the cease fire now!

BAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHA AHAH AHAH AH AHAHAHHA BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAH AHAHAH AH HA HAAHAHAAAAA!!! :mad: GGAAAAAGRARAGRGRAAGRGRGRGRAGRGRAGR!!!! :mad: :mad:

Angry Game Dave! :mad:

You're sig is forthcoming. I would like you to keep it for 30 days since the original agreement was 45 days, but people seem to be scamming out of sigs lately so I guess I have no say in the matter. :mad: :mad:

Originally posted by MasterGoodale:

BAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHA AHAH AHAH AH AHAHAHHA BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAH AHAHAH AH HA HAAHAHAAAAA!!! :mad: GGAAAAAGRARAGRGRAAGRGRGRGRAGRGRAGR!!!! :mad: :mad:

Angry Game Dave! :mad:

You're sig is forthcoming. I would like you to keep it for 30 days since the original agreement was 45 days, but people seem to be scamming out of sigs lately so I guess I have no say in the matter. :mad: :mad:

Spin around will you? My men can't quite cook you evenly if all we see is the back of your retreating maggots. :mad: :mad:

Angry Game Dave!

You're sig is forthcoming. I would like you to keep it for 30 days since the original agreement was 45 days, but people seem to be scamming out of sigs lately so I guess I have no say in the matter. :mad:

Thirty days is no problem, since you were all of a percent or two from a draw. If my unhurt green AT gun crew would have moved, instead of cowering in their trench, we would have had a draw. But noooo, they had to wait around and get themselves captured!! Talk about maggots!! GRRRRRRRRrrrrr!!! :mad: :mad:

Just think of something with a somewhat higher level of intelligence than you would find scribbled on the stall of a public restroom. Please. Otherwise, I may have to call on my friend Becket for some sig line counsel. ;)

Becket and Jim Boggs,

I went to a local U-pick farm Sunday afternoon with some friends. They had a big tent set up and a crowd of people listening to music and eating. The band from Louisville was playing German/polka music, and everyone was eating bratwurst and drinking beer and having a good time. It was a whole lot like the Catholic church picnics all over Louisville (many, many German and Irish Catholics here), but without the gambling.

Anyway, what song should they play but Rocky Top! If you have never heard guys with southern accents in a polka band play and sing Rocky Top, you've really missed out. :eek: :eek: :eek: :D:D:D

Did any of you maggot pods watch "Wake Island" last night on the History channel? :mad: No, I thought not, because you're a bunch of non-history knowing, non-fighting, flag-burning, flint-chipping, knuckle-dragging Darwinian throwbacks from the Stone Age! :mad: :mad:

You mean "Wake Island - Alamo of the Pacific"?? I saw a minute or two.

"Non-history-knowing??" Personally I'm not into glamorizing defeats as something more than what they were. Sure the Marines fought heroically. When you're left isolated to defend a tiny island, putting up any fight is heroic. Most of the island garrisons in the Pacific war fought heroically. Did any of them actually stop the invaders? Not one that I know of.

Originally posted by Dave H:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by MasterGoodale:

Did any of you maggot pods watch "Wake Island" last night on the History channel? :mad: No, I thought not, because you're a bunch of non-history knowing, non-fighting, flag-burning, flint-chipping, knuckle-dragging Darwinian throwbacks from the Stone Age! :mad: :mad:

"Non-history-knowing??" Personally I'm not into glamorizing defeats as something more than what they were. Sure the Marines fought heroically. When you're left isolated to defend a tiny island, putting up any fight is heroic. Most of the island garrisons in the Pacific war fought heroically. Did any of them actually stop the invaders? Not one that I know of. </font>

Originally posted by Becket:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Dave H:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by MasterGoodale:

"Non-history-knowing??" Personally I'm not into glamorizing defeats as something more than what they were. Sure the Marines fought heroically. When you're left isolated to defend a tiny island, putting up any fight is heroic. Most of the island garrisons in the Pacific war fought heroically. Did any of them actually stop the invaders? Not one that I know of. </font>

It's really fun. It's different than anything I've played before, so I'm not sure it's everyone's cuppa tea, but I like it. It's slower paced, that's for sure.

I'm playing one of the May 42 to Dec. 43 campaigns in PBEM right now. We've been playing for a week and are into June, so that's pretty good. I accidentally got the Yorktown sunk and the Lexington shot up good, so the last two weeks have involved hiding in the New Hebrides waiting for Enterprise and Hornet to arrive.

Anyway, I'd definitely be up for more PBEMs in it. It works with PBEM helper, but is a little twitchy.