The Forum's not finished until the Fat Goodale waffles his last cherry

Good afternoon, maggots!! I've now officially completed my 12 hours of mourning for that cosmic scrap of pure heartbreak that goes by the name of <big>Chicago Cubs</big>. Why do I let myself get attached to that team? Their ineptitude makes the Red Sox look like over-achievers. :(

They're like the Little Engine that Could, saying "I think I can, I think I can", getting to within a few feet of the mountaintop, and then rolling back down the tracks. Each time I just want to give them that final push to get to the summit. But they never (since 1945) get there. It's exactly the same story as the ancient Greek myth of Sisyphus.

Amazingly, I can't even work up any anger towards the team. Each failure makes them that much more endearing, because they're trying so hard. So, like all true Cub believers, all I can say is <big>Wait 'til next year!!</big> :D:D:D

• Replies 295
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by Dave H:

....a whole bunch of useless, lame-ass, baseball crap snipped...

It's exactly the same story as the ancient Greek myth of Sisyphus.

Hey that's not a fair analogy...Sisyphus actually made to the top every day only to have the boulder fall down the other side. But more importantly, why do bunch of grown men (ok, you physically grown but mentally challenged) even care what a bunch of sniveling, striking, lazy, crotch-grabbing nongs do? Come on, baseball is the US equivalent of Cricket. At least the Brits were able to export Cricket, what did we do? Sent it to Japan and the Dominican Republic. Woot, see if you can find 3 people in the entire US that could find these countries on a map.

BTW, the Vikings are undefeated so far this season. Football, now THERE'S a real sport. Hell, Monster Truck races are more of a sport than baseball.

Nongs.

Originally posted by MasterGoodale:

The mice have re-invaded!!!! :mad: Nothing but bloody limbs and hairy little half-bodies litter my house!!!! :mad: GGGRAGRAGRGRAGRAGRAGRAGRAGRAGR!!! GGGGGAGAARRRGGG G G G G G GRGRAGRAGRAGRAGRAGR!!!! :mad:

It's time to break out the ANGRY TNT maggots!!! No more holding back! :mad: :mad:

Jeez. Not another excuse. I'm glad I'm not playing you or I might be forced to fly over to the US and urinate on your front porch.

Maybe the mice are getting in because some mong just drilled holes in the damn basement during a 'renovation' party? :rolleyes: :mad: :mad:

Originally posted by mike_the_wino:

...Come on, baseball is the US equivalent of Cricket. At least the Brits were able to export Cricket, what did we do? Sent it to Japan and the Dominican Republic. Woot, see if you can find 3 people in the entire US that could find these countries on a map.

You left out Canada, Cuba, Central America, and part of South America, mister know-it-all. If you were coherent enough, you would remember that during the Cuban Missile Crisis, one of the proofs that Russians were in Cuba was the appearance of new soccer fields. Before then, it was strictly baseball, baseball, and more baseball. If only Fidel Castro's pitching skills had been good enough to make the big leagues. :(

BTW, the Vikings are undefeated so far this season. Football, now THERE'S a real sport...
Ooooh, the Vikings. I can see where your interest in the Vikings lies. How did they manage to get enough players out of the DUI tanks in Minnesota to field a team? Or do the police only arrest drunk players between seasons?

Do you want to talk about the impact the NFL has made all over the world? They haven't been able to get the Canadian Football League to play by the same rules, or even on the same sized field. How many NFL players weren't born in the US? Any at all? Worldwide, the sport isn't even called football, it's called American football. So much for the "exporting". Mouth-breathing wine-soaked football-zombie maggot! :mad: :mad:

Originally posted by Dave H:

Don't forget the drug problems with Randy Moss. I wonder if Jeff Spicoli would have done as well if he had tried out for the football team?

Feh. Football iz Amerikan and dats da way we likz it. Soccer is that other game played with a ball you have to kick around. Still a fine athletic endeavour to be sure it just ain't American though. You are also forgetting Arena Football.

Not ever being a real big fan, my baseball disgust reached it's pinnacle when the hooring, feckers went on strike...yes that's right strike.

[whiny little girl voice] oh, the salary minimum of $250K per year is too low. How can I support myself and my boyfriend on these low wages?[/whiny little girl voice]

Those worthless, crotch-grabbing, mouth-breathing inbreds should bow down outside the owner's office and thank them on a daily basis that they don't have to go work at a gas station, construction site or some other real job where they would have to actually work. Bunch of hooring ingrates. May they all get syphilis.

I hates em all.

I wonder if the Women's World Cup is still going...

Originally posted by Axe2121:

A Dave H post without a :D is an angry post indeeed.

Well, if the Red Sox can pull something really stupid tonight to blow Game 7 to the Yankees, that would cheer me up. tongue.gif:D:D

That was kind of a rant, wasn't it? I'll place all the blame squarely on mike_the_wino, even though he was gracious enough to send us a wonderful gift. Okay, I'll take out the "Mouth-breathing" part and just call him a wine-soaked football-zombie maggot. :D:D:D

I'm wrapping up a battle or two over the next couple of days and since CMAK is still on the tantilizing horizon, anybody up for a knife fight?

Veteran or better infantry-only battle in a village in the cold, cold rain, 15+ turns or less, 500 points or less.

Only real men need apply.

No phone calls please.

Sorry, only successful candidates will be contacted for a game. :mad:

Originally posted by Soddball:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Axe2121:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Soddball:

Not another excuse. I'm glad I'm not playing you or I might be forced to fly over to the US and urinate on your front porch.

Out late last night? </font>