The Forum's not finished until the Fat Goodale waffles his last cherry

Good morning, all you maggots out there in Cheery Waffle Land! :D:D

Axe, my friend, what can I say? How many years can you get your hopes up, only to watch someone (usually the Yankees) rip your heart out? Even when the Red Sox were ahead 4-0, and Roger Clemens was taken out of the game, did you feel confident? Or could you feel the dark clouds gathering? Believe me, I feel your pain. :(

Let's see, to the games. My British tanks are smacking Jim Boggs' panzers around the steppe, on the rare occasions he comes out of his smoke screen. Snarker and I just started another all-armor game. _UXcva and I are still plodding through Cheery Waffle 2. We're on turn 28 of 32+, and I'm confidently expecting more reinforcements. GrumpyBear and THumpre are still trying to break the BDLRM defense, but time is running out for them. Becket has shown up with American armor to defend against my Germans, which really psyched me out. I keep looking for bazooka teams.

Last of all, Axe sent me a setup last night while his beloved Sox were winning. I haven't looked yet to see what kind of gamey thing he has tossed in my general direction. I'll wait until this evening to start, in sympathy for his shattered hopes and dreams for another season. :(

By the way, I thought I would brag a little to you guys that Becky and I are refinancing our home at a cool 4 1/8 percent interest rate. We close next week! :D:D:D

• Replies 295
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by Dave H:

How many years can you get your hopes up

I never, ever get my hopes up. I long ago learned to live in a constant state of pessimism. That way, when things go wrong, you've expected it all along. When things go right, it's a pleasant surprise. Having cheered for the Sox for 17 years, this is old hat for me. :D

Last of all, Axe sent me a setup last night while his beloved Sox were winning. I haven't looked yet to see what kind of gamey thing he has tossed in my general direction. I'll wait until this evening to start, in sympathy for his shattered hopes and dreams for another season.
You'll have to wait a little longer than that for the beating to begin. Our new phone service won't be up until Saturday afternoon. :mad: Hopefully after we're moved in, I'll be up and CMBB running by tomorrow night.

By the way, I thought I would brag a little to you guys that Becky and I are refinancing our home at a cool 4 1/8 percent interest rate. We close next week! :D
Congratulations! When I told my dad we signed our mortgage for 4.8 per cent, he almost strangled me. The rate for my parents' first home in 1974? 17 per cent! :eek: And I complain about credit card interest rates. :rolleyes:

Maggots, didn't get turns out last night. Wall section didn't get finished, I got shocked twice by the outlet :mad: :mad: , and the mice somehow managed to slither in and steal the cheese without triggering the trap and losing the upper half of their body!! :mad:

I guess it's time to invent my own sadistic, "custom" trap. . .HHHRRRRMMMMMM BROOOOOOOD??? :mad: :mad:

Originally posted by MasterGoodale:

Maggots, didn't get turns out last night. Wall section didn't get finished, I got shocked twice by the outlet :mad: :mad: , and the mice somehow managed to slither in and steal the cheese without triggering the trap and losing the upper half of their body!! :mad:

I guess it's time to invent my own sadistic, "custom" trap. . .HHHRRRRMMMMMM BROOOOOOOD??? :mad: :mad:

"Fuzzy Nuts". You need a "Fuzzy Nuts".

Get a small steel plate and fasten an insulated pole (3 inches of 1/2 or 3/4" dowel should work) to it. Get an extension cord and cut the outlet end off, pull the wires apart and strip them. Connect one wire to the plate, the other to a steel nail and attach it to the pole. Put a small piece of cheese on the nail so metal is exposed on each side. Make sure you insulate under the steel plate. Plug it in and wait. When your mouse completes the circuit, it'll raise all his hair and sizzle him.

On second thought, don't do it. You'll probably raise your own hair and "Fuzzy Nuts" yourself. Not that there's anything wrong with that... :mad: :mad:

Hey maggots, I just had an angry idea! :mad: You slithering little pile of pus munches submit plans for a home-made, NON-Electrical mouse trap (I have young kids), and I'll make it and see which one was the most effective. I have an evil plan of my own :mad: It involves a trigger plate in front of the bate that makes a heavy row of nails fall down on top of the little slug banger! :mad: :mad:

Send detailed plans to my email. I'll start building this weekend. :mad:

I knew that!!! I've been doing that today for some reason! Mixing up homophones!! :mad: A co-worker just pointed one out to me an hour ago! I almost never do that pus licks. I think those shocks did something to me. I couldn't really think or walk for a few seconds after each one. My wife had to sit me down and make me relax. Melted the steel wire box!! :mad: :mad:

I'm going to the Doctor! :mad:

Originally posted by MasterGoodale:

I knew that!!! I've been doing that today for some reason! Mixing up homophones!! :mad: A co-worker just pointed one out to me an hour ago! I almost never do that pus licks. I think those shocks did something to me. I couldn't really think or walk for a few seconds after each one. My wife had to sit me down and make me relax. Melted the steel wire box!! :mad: :mad:

I'm going to the Doctor! :mad:

What do you expect the doctor to do, replace those last few brain cells that you fried with your mousetrap? Sorry MG, but I think you've managed to do yourself in. On the other hand, you are spelling "pus" correctly now, so there is improvement. Maybe shock therapy was exactly what you needed all along. :D:D

Originally posted by YK2:

*Thinks*

This page of the waffle thread is much funnier than the recent MBT.........

Did I say that out loud?

We're perfectly willing to allow you to say that, anytime you like. Say it loud and say it proud. :D

Another round of the BDLRM has now ended in a tactical victory for the heroic and sadly abused defenders!! I must be getting better with the practice. :D:D

Public Service Announcement:

I owe any success I ever achieve in Combat Mission to Axe, Mike, mike_the_wino, suave Teddy Windsor, Keke, MasterGoodale, Jim Boggs, Crow, the gone walkabout Prinz Eugen, Becket, Snarker, Shosties4th, WallyBob, _UXcve, 86smopuim, GrumpyBear, THumpre, and all the other maggots who have already beaten me, are currently beating me, or who will beat me sometime in the future. All of you constantly push me to get better, and you give me inspiration, because I plan to eventually <big>CRUSH</big> each and every one of you!! <big>GRARGHRAGGRAGHRAGRHARRHGRAH!!</big> :mad: :D :mad: :D;)