Purchasing fortifications equals instant casualties

Originally posted by CMplayer:

By the way, the casualties from fortifications do not show up as reduced global morale.

They also do not show up as casulaties suffered (in the top half of the AAR screen)

They only show up in the point tally, for casualties.

In that case, could one not add up his own point totals and work out his own level of victory? A nuisance, I'll agree, but not as bad as if all the numbers were spoiled.

Michael

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by Michael Emrys:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by CMplayer:

By the way, the casualties from fortifications do not show up as reduced global morale.

They also do not show up as casulaties suffered (in the top half of the AAR screen)

They only show up in the point tally, for casualties.

In that case, could one not add up his own point totals and work out his own level of victory? A nuisance, I'll agree, but not as bad as if all the numbers were spoiled.

</font>

• 2 weeks later...
Originally posted by Mr. Tittles:

They have already said its been corrected. If you play Line of Defense, theres fortifications there and a test shows its been fixed.

I just noticed your reply Mr T. My point as Vanir alluded to was whether BFC will fix the still existing problem in CMBB. I'm obviously hoping they will by releasing one further (and final) patch.

Regards

Jim R.

So would y'all recommend just playing CMBB v1.02 and not installing the 1.03 patch? I just got CMBB as part of the combo pack with CMAK, and the version installed from CD was 1.02. I downloaded the 1.03 patch but haven't installed it yet. Should I? What is that patch supposed to fix? On balance, do the benefits of the 1.03 patch outweigh this new bug that has apparently been introduced by it?

Lt. Badger

Originally posted by Lt. Badger:

So would y'all recommend just playing CMBB v1.02 and not installing the 1.03 patch? I just got CMBB as part of the combo pack with CMAK, and the version installed from CD was 1.02. I downloaded the 1.03 patch but haven't installed it yet. Should I? What is that patch supposed to fix? On balance, do the benefits of the 1.03 patch outweigh this new bug that has apparently been introduced by it?

Lt. Badger

Originally posted by Lt. Badger:

Lt. Badger

Make a backup copy of your combat mission executable before installing the patch. That way, you can have both versions of CM installed. You just have to start the right executable.

Dschugaschwili

In a nutshell Badger, v1.02 has a fairly major bug when it comes to infantry and AT guns placed in a defilade position behind a ridge or just behind the top of a hill i.e the equivalent of hull down for a tank. When said units were placed in these positions it turned out that direct fire guns couldn't actually hit them at all either firing too short or firing too high so that the shot would pass harmlessly overhead. You, in effect, had "untargetable" units when in such positions which direct fire units such as AFV's, AT guns etc. couldn't touch!

Bottom line, what do you hate the worst, certain fortifications costing you casualty points in favour of your opponent or "untargetable" enemy infantry, guns etc. when in a perfect defilade position.

Regards

Jim R.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...

I guess BFC stated that they are not going to patch this. The good news is that it does not seem to affect operations - my preferred method of play in any case.

I'm thinking about it again now because I just started an operation where I have a good number of trenches and such on my side.

I did a quick test run through the operation by controlling both sides and calling ceasefires. At the end of the battle, there were no casualty points for either side, so I guess the defender wasn't penalized for the fortifications.