The Return Of The SEPTIC Cup

Ok you southern softies, here is the draw you have been waiting for. My good friend Rex Bellator asked me to officiate knowing me to be of good northern stock! Do your best, or worse, and let battle commence!!

Doc v Sneezy

Happy v Bashful

Snow White v Grumpy

Dopey v Sleepy

Good luck to you all!

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Great! Thanks Mel.

As before the first player is the Germans and is responsible for the setup of the game. The opponents are as follows.....drum roll.....

Prester John (Doc) v Holien (Sneezy)

Captain Pies (Happy) v Soddball (Bashful)

Sailor Malan or Andreas (Snow White tongue.gif ) v Makes The Jelly Judder (Grumpy)

Lucky Strike (Dopey - sorry!) v Rex Bellator (Sleepy)

These are the suggested scenario parameters, I can't see a problem with amending them if your opponent is agreeable:

November 1943 South (of course)

Frce - Combined Arms

Natn - German/Soviet

Type - Mechanised

Qual - Random

Purc - Allow Human

Fitn - Fit

Casu - Random (heh - are you a man or a dwarf?!)

Ammo - Full

Sewr - Allowed

Batt - Meeting Engagement

Frce - 1500 points

Maps - Large

Hcap - None

Rari - Standard

Time - Random

Temp - Cold

Wthr - Random

Lngt - 30 Turns Variable

Maps - Village

Tree - Light

Hill - Modest

Damg - Random

Extreme Fog Of War.

The map will be different than last time, with fewer trees but more hills and a cute little village to blow to smithereens as compensation, so there should still be plenty of cover and reverse slopes for the crunchies and a bit of variety from the last time as well.

So German players please get the setups on the way, AFAIK aside from MTJJ's email addy above everyones in their profile is correct. If I;ve missed anything out please shout and rmember to brag/whine/post Python until your fingers bleed in our little thread.

A couple of further thoughts - it will probably be worthwhile to check which patch your opponent is running, what with 1.03b doing the rounds (Lucky Strike I am using 1.03b). Hopefully this won't be a major problem but I suppose it could be.

Secondly for Makes The Jelly Judder, I appreciate that for a little while you might wait on the sidelines and heckle those sluggards to get their game finished, but have a cunning plan. If you are up to it you could kick off a game against both players now and continue with the one against the winner of their game when it is done.

Hi Prestor,

I am not from Banbury, I am actually from Newport, Gwent.

I am ready to deal with you no matter what you buy.

So bring it on down.

;)

Of course I could be going home with my tail between my legs after being Tigered...

Remember random weather and mud might be too heavy for you.

smile.gif

H

Sorry about the delay you guys. RL putting constaints on my time! We are, however in the late 20's now (27? Must remember to look!). Should finish soonish.

And we do look stunning in this dress, don't we. Of course, the hairy soviet peasent Mr Brown wouldn't know a fashion statement if you ran it over his toe!

Originally posted by Sailor Malan:

Sorry about the delay you guys. RL putting constaints on my time! We are, however in the late 20's now (27? Must remember to look!). Should finish soonish.

Tank ratio 4.5:1 (pro Soviet) in our game! I count 6+T34s, and a couple of Valentines. vs my poor Leopard 2s (well, alright, something smaller)

And we do look stunning in this dress, don't we. Of course, the hairy soviet peasent Mr Brown wouldn't know a fashion statement if you ran it over his toe!

Originally posted by Sailor Malan:

the hairy soviet peasent Mr Brown wouldn't know a fashion statement if you ran it over his toe!

My fashion statement is green, roars, and answers to the name of T-34. It is about to run over the toes of your two suicide bomber squads.

Turn resent.

Edited because I can not type.

[ April 18, 2003, 03:45 AM: Message edited by: Andreas ]

Originally posted by Rex Bellator:

Lucky Strike (Dopey - sorry!) v Rex Bellator (Sleepy)...

A couple of further thoughts - it will probably be worthwhile to check which patch your opponent is running, what with 1.03b doing the rounds (Lucky Strike I am using 1.03b). Hopefully this won't be a major problem but I suppose it could be.

Dopey ... ah well at least I've got an excuse now.

Errr, I'll update to the latest 1.03c patch. I'm gonna be out for much of the weekend so play'll be a bit sporadid.

Dopey :confused:

Force deployment done and I see I have hit lucky once again.

It is pitch black and I have SMG's ohhh goody...

Nice and close fighting just what the German armour wants. Yiu did buy loads of armour didn't you Prestor? Nice big shiny Tigers? Heh! Heh! Heh!

Oh and the ground is damp as well, sweet.

:D

Not sure about random as it is twice I have drawn a lucky set up.

Trying to look at the units on the map is a pain, is there anyway of switching on the lights in the game to make it easier on my eyes?

;)

H

Bloody hell its dark, Who ordered the night assault?

Guess its not classic Tiger conditions, but then maybe i did not buy any Tigers ;) Don't like the sound of smg squads tho' have to see what i can do about them!

Anyway they all die the same, flee you foolish Russians back to your mothers, tremble with fear, your doom is sealed :D

ahem i will be safely at my rear command post!

The progress of our game would be surreptiously expedited should Mr.Blue find it in himself to empty his sodding mailbox!! But I do not complain. AIU the rules of the SEPTIC Cup, the game will be cease-fired on April 30th. I am on holiday from the 28th. This gives Mr.Blue ~1-2 turns to take the VLs from me. Snicker... I knew it was a good idea to plan on those holidays.

Andreas, Andreas, wherefore art thou, Andreas?

Mr Brown appears to have taken an extended break over Easter (shell shock, I expect)

Sorry to hold you guys, should still finish under the wire.

The £^"& 9 tanks he has make my puny 2 Marder 111 look a little lonely though. (I make it 7 T34, 2 Valentine so far!)