Using Canister on the Peng Challenge: Too Hollywood or just a Good Idea?

Originally posted by SirReal:

All you envious maggots may worship my brilliance here. You're really not worth the effort, but I am in a generous mood today.

/SirReal

So, let me see if I have this right. We're supposed to "worship your brilliance" because out of three games, you got a minor victory in one and the other two are undecided as yet.

Is that about right there, RainMan? Have I distilled all the subtle and varied nuances correctly? Have I cut right to the crux of the matter and now all is bathed in the shimmering light of understanding?

If you can't speak, just nod dumbly, it should be second nature to you by now.

Would I be oh so far off base to liken your post to something like...oh, I don't know, perhaps Nidan saying, "Hey! You should all respect and admire me cuz I gots my shoes on the right feets today!"

Hmmm...well, maybe I see your point.

• Replies 299
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by Boo_Radley:

Is that about right there, RainMan? Have I distilled all the subtle and varied nuances correctly? Have I cut right to the crux of the matter and now all is bathed in the shimmering light of understanding?

Repent, unbeliever, or I shall conquer your pathetic troops with my all-powerful Red Horde! Bow down, and lick clean the gravel I have spit upon, and perhaps I will let you exist to pollute the air one more day! Your pathetic attempts at restitution are not enough, and unless you find it in your rotten little heart to challenge me, you, your firstborn, your father, mother and pet ball of earwax will BURN in the Hell of my displeasure!

/SirReal

Pffft! I wave my hand at you in a desultory manner. Your attempts at threats don't frighten me for I've watched you sashay your way around the Mutha of all Beautiful Threads (Smile when you say that) not unlike your common Barbary Coast fancy girl.

Challenge you, Sparky? Aren't you challenged enough?

If it's pain you want, send me a set-up and I'll sort you out.

(We need something like a Crodaburg or a Jabos! to teach these whelps some manners. What the heck is Ker Dessel* up to these days?)

*Ker Dessel. When you want to play CM in the worst way.

Originally posted by Mace:

That's 2 seconds I'm never going to get back.

*pouts*

Mace

Yeeech, get that pouting orifice away from me! That's disgusting. If you really feel the need to cuddle, let me recommend a harvesting machine for you. You'll enjoy the mounting excitement as you lie in the corn field, and hear the swish-swish of the approaching rotating blades.

It's so sad that you are so frustrated that a webpage would turn you on. Perhaps some CMBB spanking can help take the edge off the itch? Feel free to send me a setup then, me as the brutal Horde, you as the invasive force projection of a fascist entity.

Oh dear, now I've done it again. Stop that pouting!

/SirReal

Originally posted by Seanachai:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by SirReal:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Mace:

That's 2 seconds I'm never going to get back.

*pouts*

Mace

Yeeech, get that pouting orifice away from me! That's disgusting.

/SirReal </font>

You are all revolting... almost as revolting as Pondscum using some poor armored car as his recon force... Pondscum, send that turn back quickly, for I long to see that vehicle turned into a burning hulk quickly.

Methinks (gawd, now I'm talking like Sean-a-whatever...) my mousentruppen have snuck for too long...

Cry havoc, and let loose the mice of war!

(after a short break for nibbling a good Bleu...)

[ July 02, 2003, 07:11 PM: Message edited by: Mouse ]

Originally posted by Lars:

"Kursk You, Red Baron"

Ask Joe for a copy.

No, no, no, Kursk You Red Baron is too big and gives the SSN too good a chan ... uh ... that is Ker Dessel* has another, finer scenario called IL Be Seeing You that would serve the purpose nicely. Very short and in the hallowed tradition of Jabo! ... I mean how long does it take to put an SSN in his place eh?

Joe

*Ker Dessel - When You Want To Play CM In The Worst Way.

[ July 02, 2003, 07:57 PM: Message edited by: Joe Shaw ]

Joebob ,

you senile mormon wife lover. No wonder Berli breaks out in laughter whenever your name is mentioned...being evil as he is...mayhaps you are a cruel joke thrust upon the MBT?

What brought this up? What a better way to punish a SSN by using Rourke's Drift. Play it two player and see what I mean. smile.gif Make the SSN be the Zulus. How can you forget it when i JUST sent it to you the other day?

Rune

Originally posted by rune:

Joebob ,

you senile mormon wife lover. No wonder Berli breaks out in laughter whenever your name is mentioned...being evil as he is...mayhaps you are a cruel joke thrust upon the MBT?

What brought this up? What a better way to punish a SSN by using Rourke's Drift. Play it two player and see what I mean. smile.gif Make the SSN be the Zulus. How can you forget it when i JUST sent it to you the other day?

Rune

If you'll recall (it's thing called memory, you should try it sometime) I TRIED to play the silly thing against the AI and promptly had it auto cease-fire. No doubt it was ashamed of itself ... can't say that I blame it.

This is the sort of scenario that gives "gag" scenarios a bad name ... well that and the fact that YOU were the designer.

Joe

Originally posted by Boo_Radley:

(So many things to say...)

A) Nah, not really into cross-dressing biker bars.

2) Well, if you want to call a beat up lean-to out in the outback with a half a keg of warm Foster's a pub...

Z) Oh, I see you finally figured out how to remove the electronic ankle shackle. Took it off over your head, right?

Except for the Fosters (we choose to export that horses p*ss rather than get stuck with it), you've summed it up quite nicely.

Mace

Originally posted by SirReal:

Feel free to send me a setup then, me as the brutal Horde, you as the invasive force projection of a fascist entity.

That somewhat sounds like hard work.

Being a senior Kinniget, I'm here to give guidance to those who are somewhat lacking in social status (ie you), intelligence (ie you), charm (ie you), wit (ie you), and charisma (ie you).

...... you send ME a setup.

Mace

Originally posted by Mace:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by SirReal:

Feel free to send me a setup then, me as the brutal Horde, you as the invasive force projection of a fascist entity.

That somewhat sounds like hard work.

Being a senior Kinniget, I'm here to give guidance to those who are somewhat lacking in social status (ie you), intelligence (ie you), charm (ie you), wit (ie you), and charisma (ie you).

...... you send ME a setup.

Mace </font>

Life at the Front,or how SirReal learned the lesson of false Pride (cont.)

The Russians continue to move forward, this time on a different part of the front. Several platoons of infantry are seen advancing to the right of the original Russian attack line. One of the Jaeger platoon's Marders explodes in flame, probably struck by a hidden AT rifle.

Russian tanks, attempting to negotiate the muddy terrain, find themselves exposed to the fire of the Landsers in the forward positions. They attempt to reverse, but are seen to collide in confusion. The volume of fire increases, as more and more Russian troops come into view. Screams of pain and cries for help can be heard from the Russian lines.

Concerned by the loss of the Marder on the left flank, the Hauptmann radios for support. As long as the Russian tanks are bogged in the mud, with no room to maneuver, there is time to replace the Marder, but that could change rapidly... The Hauptmann urges the Landers to continue to increase the volume of fire, the left flank seems to be the main axis of the Russian attack...(to be continued)

[ July 03, 2003, 07:36 AM: Message edited by: Nidan1 ]

Joebob, Joebob, Joebob ,

Please, i know it is hard for you...but try and concentrate and get that lone brain cell working. What part of TWO PLAYER confused you? Think of it as the amount of beer a typical Aussie can drink in 60 seconds. Remember, it is the song you use when buckling your shoe. More then 1 but less then 3, and 4 is just right out. [Homage to the Holy Hand Grenade].

Besides, inflicting pain on SSNs, why do we care? Get two SSNs to try it and suffer. What better way to tell a newbie to sod off then either picking 139 defenders or 2000 attackers with no ammo?

Better yet, since I have seemed to stress Joebob's lone brain cell, who has a couple of serfs you wish to torture? Let me know and I will send it to them, AND they must suplly an AAR with screen shots.

And you thought just Berli was evil...

Rune

Originally posted by rune:

And you thought just Berli was evil...

Rune

Well, he is. But Berli's Evil with a capital "E". You on the other hand are also evil, but it's a smaller, more mildly annoying evil. Like the smell that might assault you after opening up a tupperwear container holding an egg salad sandwich that's been in the trunk of a black Mercury Sable parked on the top deck of a parking garage in Biloxy, Mississippi for three consecutive days in early August.

An eye-watering, gagging type of evil.

(Edited to say that OGSF is a wee girly man who plays all day with his "My Little Pony" doll.)

[ July 03, 2003, 09:59 AM: Message edited by: Boo_Radley ]

Sorry lads, it's just been too nice out lately sit in the house and return files.

But since you'll probably blow your fingers off with a M-80 tomorrow night anyway, what's the rush?

SSN Hint Of The Day: Ignore deadlines.

Now sod off.

Roight, then! I'm off for Canada until Monday.

I will sit and enjoy the peace and quiet of remote lake, surrounded by nothing but the cries of the loons, the gentle susurrus of the wind in the pine trees, and the shrieking and shouting of six nephews and nieces, ages 6 to 17, as they fight, play, break things, and periodically demand that their Uncle 'sing the Polar Bear song again!'

I hope you lot can manage to keep things together until I return, rested, refreshed, and longing for the quiet of the Eastern Front.

For all the Americans, have a lovely Fourth of July weekend. For all the foreigners, aren't you glad that you're not Americans?

Ta-ta, all.