* MOD(s) WIP Preview * UPDATED

Almost ready to leave the showroom en route to a virtual battlefield near you! smile.gif

su1.jpg

su2.jpg

su3.jpg

The poor SU-76M--which the AI just loves to buy for QBs--needed a serious makeover. And they blow up real good.

It's 100% from scratch and I won't even start describing all the improvements and cool new stuff. The slogan will be an option. Still needs a bit more work but 85% there.

Now this thing has been languishing on my HDD for a while now.

jp1.jpg

jp2.jpg

I started it months ago and kind of abandoned it because it just wasn't going the way I wanted. With the subsequent release of a spate of Jpzr IV mods I'm wondering if I should bother to release it... especially with Måkjager's cool new version on the way.

I worked up a version with Zimmerit, too. If enough people think they want it I'll finish it up and post it for download. Feedback appreciated. smile.gif

[ July 16, 2003, 08:31 PM: Message edited by: AndrewTF ]

Looks great Andrew..and as Green Hornet said..variety is the spice of life. smile.gif

Like all things different people have different likes and preferences... i am like yourself just trying to give people the choice smile.gif

Vert Nice Su76 too :D

best

regards

Måkjager

[ July 14, 2003, 03:43 AM: Message edited by: Måkjager ]

Originally posted by v42below:

Love that slogan! They would usually also have '3а Cталина!' on the other side

I think I might be able to put that on the other side--I'll try it when I get home. Thanks!

One of the benefits of the SU-76 model is that elements of the vehicle sides (like that air intake thingie on the left) are non-mirroring, which makes slogans and stuff more doable.

Looks great, yet again. The "bitch" in particular looks good (not trying to be vulgar. It's what they called the SU-76) :D .

Have you considered doing some terrain or building mods? It would be nice to see a German terrain pack. It's too odd to have Eastern orthodox churches and other Russian looking building in Germany May 1945. You could even do a T-34 even though it's been done before. I would be curious to see how you could improve upon what's already out there.

Originally posted by Axe2121:

w00t! Now my 76s will look cool for the five or six turns they last!

You get em to last as long as that? I think that the Germans usually save their precious Panzerfausts and take out mine with rubber bands and spitwads (not necessarily used together). smile.gif

Originally posted by MeatEtr:

Any chance we can get a dirty version?

There's dirt on it already! Just not a lot of it, but enough, IMHO. I don't like to put too much on as it obscures some of the textural effects. I'm sure Gautrek will filth it up some at some time, though (he's really good at it). smile.gif

Good Lord Andrew those are simply beauiful! Man, you have out done yourself on those. Should you finish the JPzIV you ask. What kind of question is that, of course, yes, by all means you should post it. Not release it? What are you trying to do make us cry? ;) Andrew those truely are fantastic. Man! Thanks ever so much for your work and talent. Please post when they are ready.

Originally posted by lcm1947:

Not release it? What are you trying to do make us cry? ;)

I thought Måkjager's was better... and almost identical to mine so why bother. But I guess I'll finish it up after the SU-76M. I can probably post a screenie of the Zimmerit version tonight when I get home from work. I ended up making a Zimmerit pattern for Photoshop's "texturizer" filter that works pretty well. I can make it available for other modders if people like the way it works.

Originally posted by Commissar:

Looks great, yet again. The "bitch" in particular looks good (not trying to be vulgar. It's what they called the SU-76) :D

Indeed, since the Russian word for "bitch" is "suka" and the SU in SU-76 stood, I think, for Sukhov (could be wrong on that one - anyone know for sure?)

Thanks, Mike! :D

A question for all out there in CM land: somewhere on the Web (that narrows it down, eh? :rolleyes: ) I saw a picture that showed a SU-76M in Berlin with a horizontal white stripe painted around the superstructure. Anyone got any pix of that they can either post here or send to me for reference. For the life of me I have no idea where I found it. Must have been on my break at work or something.

Thanks in advance. smile.gif

zimmerit.jpg

And here's the SU-76M with some numbers and stuff added.

su4.jpg

I know it's kind of hard to tell, but that's a new Soviet crew uniform to go with it. Yes, that's supposed to be a black cloth helmet rather than the brown leather one represented by the original BMP. The cloth one was apparently more commonly used as it was a lot more comfortable inside a hot stuffy AFV. smile.gif