I tried to challenge Peng, but all I got was an indecent proposal...

• Replies 301
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lt. Hortland, you are of course a Knight in your own right and may challenge or accept challenges from whomever you choose. But this Grungboy ... well, he's not worthy of a game from a Knight of the CessPool. Still, what's done is done ... but we'll be keeping an eye on him. SSN he still is and will likely remain unless he mends his ways.

Seanachai is, as usual, quite right. lenakonrad is a Squire in the CessPool and entitled to post here whenever he likes ... HOWEVER, while a photo now and then are perfectly acceptable, the MASS of them is not and disrupts the flow of the sacred words.

As to the hidden "meaning" in them ... remember "The Perfect Mind" Seanachai? Don't go searching for meaning where there may be none at all.

Finally, I saw "A Mighty Wind" last night ... heartily recommended ... take tissues though, the tears of laughter will flow.

Joe

My dear Lenakonrad

As a sign of good cheer and international brotherhood, this lowly serf would beg pardon to do a little house-cleaning at your convenience.

500 point QB, village, German defender (YOU, because the thought of German troops being commanded by a Pole just seems sooo righteous), whilst I will attempt to cajole and inspire a small group of Russian Patriots to relieve you of your house-sitting obligations.

What say you Knight of the Pool?

Originally posted by Jim Boggs:

My dear Lenakonrad

As a sign of good cheer and international brotherhood, this lowly serf would beg pardon to do a little house-cleaning at your convenience.

500 point QB, village, German defender (YOU, because the thought of German troops being commanded by a Pole just seems sooo righteous), whilst I will attempt to cajole and inspire a small group of Russian Patriots to relieve you of your house-sitting obligations.

What say you Knight of the Pool?

Not so fast there Jim Boggs (spelt but not bolded). You may certainly challenge lenakonrad but I'm not so certain he's a MADE Knight. Did AussieJeff REALLY do that to us before he wandered off on his walkabout or is lenakonrad still a Squire of his?

Joe

Originally posted by Joe Shaw:

Lt. Hortland, you are of course a Knight in your own right and may challenge or accept challenges from whomever you choose. But this Grungboy ... well, he's not worthy of a game from a Knight of the CessPool. Still, what's done is done ... but we'll be keeping an eye on him. SSN he still is and will likely remain unless he mends his ways.

Would that be just one eye or all four of them?

And I'll have you know that Hortland (Knight he may be) should be privileged that I even considered accepting His challenge....

Better men have begged me to play and been refused.

So to you Shaw I say Pffffffft

[ May 10, 2003, 01:57 PM: Message edited by: DUNDROY ]

Originally posted by DUNDROY:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Joe Shaw:

Would that be just one eye or all four of them?

And I'll have you know that Hortland (Knight he may be) should be privileged that I even considered accepting His challenge....

Better men have begged me to play and been refused.

So to you Shaw I say Pffffffft </font>

Well I see DumDumRoyBoy is still hanging out.

I wonder if he's finally learned how to properly challenge.

To stand up firmly on his own hind legs, to throw his chest out, and bellow out forcefully like a Man:

So to you Shaw I say Pffffffft

*shakes head* *sighs*

So let's start a contest. Who do you think this Grungboy is then?

The winner could be, I don't know, Official Investigator of the CessPool ... pending approval of the Olde Ones of course.

Joe

Well, I hate to tell you this Shaw you already have a winner.

I mean, Just how long does it take a Penger to know a Penger ...

Since I am not making any efforts to hide my Identity apart from the name change, I would have thought someone would have outed me much sooner.

Originally posted by Jim Boggs:

Well I see DumDumRoyBoy is still hanging out.

I wonder if he's finally learned how to properly challenge.

To stand up firmly on his own hind legs, to throw his chest out, and bellow out forcefully like a Man:

*Throws out chest* *shakes head* *sighs* :rolleyes:

So let's start a contest. Who do you think this Grungboy is then?

The winner could be, I don't know, Official Investigator of the CessPool ... pending approval of the Olde Ones of course.

Joe

Well, I hate to tell you this Shaw you already have a winner.

I mean, Just how long does it take a Penger to know a Penger ...

Since I am not making any efforts to hide my Identity apart from the name change, I would have thought someone would have outed me much sooner. </font>

A PENGER as you so quaintly phrase it ... would not NEED to hide behind the skirts of another name ... a PENGER would proudly boast of his status and would not need subtrifuge ... or even centrifuge.

If PENGER you WERE then PENGER you're not ... any longer. You have dishonored us and debased yourself ... go in disgrace or proclaim yourself, lower your head in shame and allow us the time that will be necessary to forgive you ... if indeed we can.

Joe [/QB]

Indeed, I agree with you when you say I put it quaintly... no other way to put it really.

I also agree that a Penger would not Need to hide behind the skirts of another name..

Who said I was hiding?

And if you think I am, then it certainly isn't due to any NEED to do so...

Just happened to be messing about at work and showing the guy next to me this Forum to which was then suggested I use his name...

So being the nice accomodating collegue that I intend being for all of the first month (at least) I allowed all sense of my usual reasoning :rolleyes: and registered using his name.

Anything to keep a colleague from spilling the beans when I was supposed to be working.

As for dishonoring you lot....... Get real Joe .

Hang my head in shame :confused: ermm for changing my name? I think not...

I neither want or expect your forgiveness, not as if your name is on my buddy list or anything... :eek:

Now look what you made me do...

I do believe that last remark was filled with a little venom, maybe even be seen as a taunt...

So Joe who am I?

Seanachai it seems to me that Jim Boogs (spelt but not bolded) has the right stuff. As you have first rights of refusal I would recommend that you take him to Squire.

Or, if you actually want the lad to learn something and become a TRUE Knight of the CessPool rather than just another of your brood of latchkey Squires, you could offer his rights to a Knight of noble and proven lineage who could provide him with the education and guidance he so richly deserves and will not, unfortunately, receive whilst squatting at your boots and listening to your nasal drone of unending Celtic verse ... over and over and over again.

Modesty forbids my mentioning any SPECIFIC Knight of course but I'm certain you need not look too far ...

Joe

Originally posted by Panzer Leader:

Where would our little hovel be without the stoop?

Ah, yes. How's about this?

The Stoop (YK2 and Persephone): Always demure but subtly inviting. Tastefully decorated, and well maintained. Impeccable construction with artistic flair. Bright and cheery, it belies the horrors waiting within the abode beyond. Known to be slightly tipsy at times, possibly due to close proximity to the grape vines.

And another:

The Doormat (Boo Radley): Trampled on by all. Raggedly unkempt, it presents a slovenly, disheveled appearance. Always present, but usually forgotten and ignored. Absolutely useless at keeping slime and vermin from entering. Probably should be nailed down with dull, rusty railroad spikes.

A PENGER as you so quaintly phrase it ... would not NEED to hide behind the skirts of another name ... a PENGER would proudly boast of his status and would not need subtrifuge ... or even centrifuge.

If PENGER you WERE then PENGER you're not ... any longer. You have dishonored us and debased yourself ... go in disgrace or proclaim yourself, lower your head in shame and allow us the time that will be necessary to forgive you ... if indeed we can.

Joe

Indeed, I agree with you when you say I put it quaintly... no other way to put it really.

I also agree that a Penger would not Need to hide behind the skirts of another name..

Who said I was hiding?

And if you think I am, then it certainly isn't due to any NEED to do so...

Just happened to be messing about at work and showing the guy next to me this Forum to which was then suggested I use his name...

So being the nice accomodating collegue that I intend being for all of the first month (at least) I allowed all sense of my usual reasoning :rolleyes: and registered using his name.

Anything to keep a colleague from spilling the beans when I was supposed to be working.

As for dishonoring you lot....... Get real Joe .

Hang my head in shame :confused: ermm for changing my name? I think not...

I neither want or expect your forgiveness, not as if your name is on my buddy list or anything... :eek:

Now look what you made me do...

I do believe that last remark was filled with a little venom, maybe even be seen as a taunt...

So Joe who am I? [/QB]</font>

Well let's look at the clues shall we?

An unknown name ...

An AOL email with that name ...

An English location ... perhaps

And nothing else of note.

Certainly can't see anything of specificity in your posts. As to the "buddy list" remark ... sorry, can't please everyone you know. If you wander in pretending to be someone else you can't really expect to be treated as other than ... someone else.

I've never been too good at mysteries I fear, someone else care to take shot at it? One thing we know ... it ain't Peng with all those smilies.

Joe

Oh dear oh dear...

You really are from Texas aren't you?

Did I ask you or anyone else to treat me as anyone other than the name I am posting with?

I would have thought though that even you would have the braincells to know who I am.

Nothing specific in my posts???????????

Except for the fact that I am posting the same way I have posted for the past 3yrs or so..

Oh yeah, you're not good at mysteries right?

MYSTERY......

LMAO you gotta be kidding me right?

This is proving to be more fun that I thought.

Joe has nooooooooooo idea who I am... :D

I would have thought though that even you would have the braincells to know who I am.

Nothing specific in my posts???????????

Except for the fact that I am posting the same way I have posted for the past 3yrs or so..

Oh yeah, you're not good at mysteries right?

MYSTERY......

LMAO you gotta be kidding me right?

This is proving to be more fun that I thought.

Joe has nooooooooooo idea who I am... [big Grin]

Nope, not a clue ... let's see who else knows. Perhaps your Style isn't as much a signature as you think it is.

Joe

*Throws out chest* *shakes head* *sighs* :rolleyes:

Quite right then lad, the very act of throwing your chest out makes you short of breath I see. Hmmm..

Let me caution you as to the risks inherent in using dual identities. I will give you an example:

On another Thread there is an individual, let's call him.., say... MarktheWino. Now MarktheWino took on a second identity aka: MarktheWino2 in which he scored noble victories over his opponents. Subsequently MarktheWino2 disappeared (some say mysteriously) and MarktheWino reappeared claiming victories earned by his alter ego.

To make a short story long, the case is still in litigation and hard feelings were had all around (which for that Thread is not a bad thing).

Now, to address the issue of Why?

In this I will utilize your unique approach to logical thinking:

I can only assume that your prior Peng existance was so miserable, so humiliating, so filled with wild flights of embarassment and sordid accusations that now you must hide behind your current nom de plume in order to have any chance of posting without being set upon by the denizens of your apparent horrid past.

[ May 10, 2003, 03:51 PM: Message edited by: Jim Boggs ]

Guest PondScum

I have just spent a night of trauma in "Mpls". To summarize, <font size=+1>I Blame Seanachai</font>

First, we went to a baseball game at the Metrodome. Have you seen this place? It's like 20,000 Sons of Knute got together, pulled a giant condom over their collective heads, and blew it up. <font size=+1>I Blame Seanachai</font>

Second, we had to endure an evening of baseball fans so attention-impaired that they run not one but TWO "fan events" between every inning, just in case you might possibly have to sit still and contemplate your life for more than 15 seconds. The only compensation was the sight of all those corn-fed girls in t-shirts. <font size=+1>I Blame Seanachai</font>

The worst, however, was yet to come. We staggered back to our hotel room, which naturally came with a well-stocked refrigerator full of hideously expensive spirits. No matter, when the big hand is after 12 convenience trumps cost. Until, that is, you read the hideous little notice on the 'fridge door. "By State Law, it is illegal to sell liquor between the hours of 1am and 8am. Therefore, this refrigerator will lock itself between those hours".

I leave the horror of this situation for all right-drinking Cesspoolers to contemplate. In the meantime, <font size=+1>I Blame Seanachai</font>

Turns out when I get back and recover from the shock.

Originally posted by Nidan1:

Oh boy twenty questions, I really love quiz games. Who the hell cares, really? I guess that its Berli , posing as DUNGBOY, or maybe its Meeks, like I said who cares?

I thought of Berli of coure, the surly tone, the lack of any shred of humor, the reference to "My Beloved Corps" but then I noted that he was bolding names, and Berli has clearly stated that "I don't play that game". Further the use of smilies is not just against MBT custom, for an Olde One to use them would be blasphemy. Also, Berli surely wouldn't have stooped to the extreme measure of claiming England as his location. Finally, Berli, by all accounts and sadly, is quits with the MBT and in any case he wouldn't have felt it necessary to pretend to be another. That's not his style at all.

Who else then? Well if it IS a Pommie it could be any number of FORMER Pengers ... but after this long an absence who really cares if it's one of them. Those fair weather Pengers deserve to be forgotten.

Meeks ... nah, Meeks, for all his faults, at least uses cogent and well crafted posts, not like these spittle flecked diatribes.

Joe

Originally posted by PondScum:

Until, that is, you read the hideous little notice on the 'fridge door. "By State Law, it is illegal to sell liquor between the hours of 1am and 8am. Therefore, this refrigerator will lock itself between those hours".

Oh dear Lord.

In between laughing so hard I think I might have broken a rib, and twitching in pain identifying with the feeling of having so much booze so close yet so far away for such a ridiculous reason...one thought kept coming back to me.

What goes around comes around.

Consider that locked fridge as the poetic justice for your gamey flank shots on my KT's Pillock.

Originally posted by Jim Boggs

In this I will utilize your unique approach to logical thinking:

First clue..

Logical thinking is NEVER upper most in my mind.

I can only assume that your prior Peng existance was so miserable, so humiliating, so filled with wild flights of embarassment and sordid accusations that now you must hide behind your current nom de plume in order to have any chance of posting without being set upon by the denizens of your apparent horrid past.

Wrong, wrong, wrong, and WRONG.....

I can say, almost with hand on heart, that I have RARELY been set upon by any denzin of the MBT... Joe of course excepted. But then he is Joe so that's to be expected.

As to WHY........

Nothing sinister..... and I already covered that in a previous post.

[ May 10, 2003, 05:23 PM: Message edited by: DUNDROY ]