Peng Challenge Telethon a Success – Australia Saved

Originally posted by Jim Boggs:

Seanachovich stared at the revolver, his mind racing.

What would he do?

You shoot the Colonel, don't you, and try and make it look like a suicide? Daft bugger for letting you get your hands on a gun.

Then, in the ensuing confusion and emergency, you take control of the HQ in the tradition of 'restoring order and quelling disaffection', and hang on there to keep things going until 'a suitable replacement arrives', having destroyed all copies of the orders saying you should be elsewhere.

• Replies 298
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by Moraine Sedai:

Hiram was yet still in New Jersey at that time. Had he been with me, he could have hoisted up that flatbed on one shoulder and changed the tire with his bare hands.

No...really...

I've always thought of Hiram as simply being a sort of ambulatory jack.

A good man to have around if you need to prop up a heavy object for an indeterminate amount of time.

Originally posted by Seanachai:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Jim Boggs:

Seanachovich stared at the revolver, his mind racing.

What would he do?

You shoot the Colonel, don't you, and try and make it look like a suicide? Daft bugger for letting you get your hands on a gun.

Then, in the ensuing confusion and emergency, you take control of the HQ in the tradition of 'restoring order and quelling disaffection', and hang on there to keep things going until 'a suitable replacement arrives', having destroyed all copies of the orders saying you should be elsewhere. </font>

So,let me guess, you were the champion dodge ball player in your elementary school or something?

Humourously enough, you're right. I was almost always the last person 'out'.

However, I was universally hated by teammates because, as you know, the only way to get someone who was 'out' back 'in' was to catch one of the opponent's throws on the fly, and I wasn't having with any of that sort of lunatic behaviour.

The games usually devolved into a nightmare of 3 or 4 opposing team players all rifling balls at me at 60 mph as I desperately ducked and wove, with my own team shouting 'kill him, kill him' from the sidelines.

If it took too long for a couple of them to simultaneously drill me in the face and kidneys, the ex-Marine Phy Ed teacher, who deeply hated me in any case, would laugh and start to throw extra balls into the game until there were about a dozen coming for me at any one time.

It was very good training for participating in this Thread.

[ July 20, 2003, 10:35 PM: Message edited by: Seanachai ]

Well, we've just heard from the auditors. Their analysis of the 'taunts' that took place during the 'Peng Challenge Telethon For Australia' has been completed and was forwarded to the Olde Ones this weekend.

As such, it is now my rather painful duty to make good on our committment of 'having a go at Australia' on the basis of the received taunts.

Australia, you are one of the world's treasures. A landscape of diversity and beauty, with fauna and flora of unparalleled uniqueness. Your aboriginal peoples have given to the world a mythology rich and and intriguing in its spiritual and psychological depths. Your settlers have overcome a colonial legacy of brutality and neglect, have battled unceasingly against drought and bushfires to become a modern, economically stable and proudly contributing member of the world community.

You have an easy way about you, with a smiling and friendly populace noted for their hospitality and sense of humour. You are a stout and loyal ally, and have never tied your friendship or support to aid, or political and economic concessions. You have unstintingly given of your best in every conflict, fielding armies of volunteers whose bravery is legendary. Any Australian ever shot in the back was simply killed refusing to surrender when surrounded.

As any nation does, you have had your growing pains, your crises, and have things in your history that you might wish were different. But you are a land of great promise, which, in the decades to come, will undoubtedly prove itself to be up to any challenge, with a nod, and a smile, and a 'no worries, mate!'

Aussie, Aussie, Aussie, Oi, Oi, Oi!

Well, I hope you lot are proud of yourselves. When your taunts were weighed in the balance, it turns out we were actually so far in the red that we had to do a tribute to the bastards! I hope you can live with yourselves.

Now excuse me, as I'm going to go sit in the corner and weep before taking a long, cold shower in bleach.

Guest konrad

Aussie, Aussie, Aussie, Oi, Oi, Oi!

The Love Calculator

Love Calculator results

These are the results of the calculations by Dr. Love:

seanachai - australia

25 %

The chance of a relationship working out between seanachai and australia is not very big, but a relationship is very well possible, if the two of you really want it to, and are prepared to make some sacrifices for it. You'll have to spend a lot of quality time together. You must be aware of the fact that this relationship might not work out at all, no matter how much time you invest in it.

PS:lenakonrad - jim boggs

86 %

Dr. Love thinks that a relationship between lenakonrad and jim boggs has a very good chance of being successful, but this doesn't mean that you don't have to work on the relationship. Remember that every relationship needs spending time together, talking with each other etc.

Love Calculator results

dalem Doctor Doom

62 %

Dr. Love thinks that a relationship between dalem and Doctor Doom has a reasonable chance of working out, but on the other hand, it might not. Your relationship may suffer good and bad times. If things might not be working out as you would like them to, do not hesitate to talk about it with the person involved. Spend time together, talk with each other.

---

On another note, I still like sandwiches. This one could use a piece of nice lettuce, but other than that, a solid 80%

On an even other note, I still find "Narn i Hin Hurin" one of the less-pleasing reads in "Unfinished Tales", probably because Turin is such a dingleberry.

[ July 21, 2003, 12:38 AM: Message edited by: dalem ]

MrSpkr and MrSpkr: 02%

Dr. Love thinks a relationship might work out between MrSpkr and MrSpkr, but the chance is very small. A successful relationship is possible, but you both have to work on it. Do not sit back and think that it will all work out fine, because it might not be working out the way you wanted it to. Spend as much time with each other as possible. Again, the chance of this relationship working out is very small, so even when you do work hard on it, it still might not work out.

I feel so conflicted.

The real question is, when it finally ends, which of me gets the computer?

Steve

Originally posted by dalem:

On an even other note, I still find "Narn i Hin Hurin" one of the less-pleasing reads in "Unfinished Tales", probably because Turin is such a dingleberry.

Good God, but Turin was an incredible berk, wasn't he? His character and story has 'High Germanic Weirdness and Idiocy' written all over it, doesn't it?

I mean, sum up the whole Volsung Saga/Nibelungenlied stuff in a page or so, just hitting the highlights, and people will look at you like you've just crawled out from underneath a rock reserved for particularly disturbed halfwits.

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Berlichtingen:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Seanachai:

...the ex-Marine Phy Ed teacher, who deeply hated me...

Very common among former Marines </font>

Nidan1 Arnold Schwartzenegger

82 %

Dr. Love thinks that a relationship between Nidan1 and Arnold Schwartzenegger has a very good chance of being successful, but this doesn't mean that you don't have to work on the relationship. Remember that every relationship needs spending time together, talking with each other etc.

I wonder if he will have time for me, now that he might be running for governor of California?

[ July 21, 2003, 07:50 AM: Message edited by: Nidan1 ]

Peng -- Anyone not in the challenge thread

%

(Yes, that's correct. The chance was evidently so low that it can't be calculated. A single '%' sign was presented.)

Dr. Love thinks a relationship might work out between Peng and Anyone not in the challenge thread, but the chance is very small. A successful relationship is possible, but you both have to work on it. Do not sit back and think that it will all work out fine, because it might not be working out the way you wanted it to. Spend as much time with each other as possible. Again, the chance of this relationship working out is very small, so even when you do work hard on it, it still might not work out.

[Edited to say that Nidan1 can't even spell Arnold's last name correctly]

/SirReal

[ July 21, 2003, 07:59 AM: Message edited by: SirReal ]

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Jim Boggs:

So,let me guess, you were the champion dodge ball player in your elementary school or something?

Humourously enough, you're right. I was almost always the last person 'out'.

</font>

The games usually devolved into a nightmare of 3 or 4 opposing team players all rifling balls at me at 60 mph as I desperately ducked and wove, with my own team shouting 'kill him, kill him' from the sidelines.

If it took too long for a couple of them to simultaneously drill me in the face and kidneys, the ex-Marine Phy Ed teacher, who deeply hated me in any case, would laugh and start to throw extra balls into the game until there were about a dozen coming for me at any one time.

***sniff*** If only we could bring back the good ol' days...

SSN Hint Of The Day: Curse the umpire at Little League games.

Now sod off.

Have Boggs and Lady Moraine finally achieved a game, or will we be subjected to the 'extended engagement' version of this Southern Special Olympics?

You poor dear. I see senility has caught up with you. Apparently you cannot read and comprehend at the same time anymore.

To spell it out for you...y-e-s...we have, indeed engaged in a CMBB battle, though the little tyke forgot to bother with inconsequentials such as game parameters and simply sent me a turn wherein I was ready to purchase units.

Never fear dear old man...*pats him affectionately on the head*...I will still do my best to trounce the young whipper-snapper into the ground, though once achieved the pervasive smell of oranges may be a bit much for those so used to the stench in here.

Now...go lie down and rest your weary bones before you hurt yourself.

With utmost respect and sincerety,

Moraine

Originally posted by Moraine Sedai:

To spell it out for you...y-e-s...we have, indeed engaged in a CMBB battle, though the little tyke forgot to bother with inconsequentials such as game parameters and simply sent me a turn wherein I was ready to purchase units.

Moraine

Alas my Dear Lady, I was in the process of rushing to the local market to obtain a resupply of beverages and had to quickly throw something together (50 turns) in which the outcome might conceivably be in doubt (50 turns). It wasn't easy believe me (50 turns), but I think I was able to satisfy the requirements of fair play (50 turns).

Your mission is to replace the cowardly (but cunning) Captain Seanachovich in holding a critical size portion of the front against the Fascist Hordes. You have a company of Mother Russia's finest, and have time to fortify your position.

I hope this will help satisfy your concerns.

Did I mention it would be 50 Turns?

50 turns. You sick, sorry bastard. Just how many times were you dropped on your head as a tyke? Did they tell you it was accidental? Don't believe them.

I would rather play an Aussie Jeff scenario with dump trucks full of huge arty, on a map roughly the size of the outback, where all of his defending assets are well hidden behind hills and I'm stuck on the side of the map that's got about as much cover as the Nevada salt flats, but 97.8% of it is marshland and BOGGS rather than play a 50 turn game where after turn 25, no one has any ammo and you both sit there thinking, "What refugee from a Fellini flick orchestrated this monstrosity? Oh yeah, it was Boggs. Figures."

As a matter of fact, I'm thinking of proposing an Aussie Jeff Scenario Design Award for all you sick and disturbed individuals out there who instead of tastefully concealing your anti-social behavior, insist on parading it around in public with your brilliant CM ideas.

I just haven't figured out what a suitable award would be. It's so difficult to decide, what with having the threat of the ACLU hanging over one's head.

[snip....snip....

I hope this will help satisfy your concerns.

50 TURNS!!, Boggs , do you think you be able to stay awake that long? Just imagine the attention span you are going to have to maintain in order to complete a game that long. Do you think you can get passed four turns before you tip forward and begin drooling on the keyboard?

[ July 21, 2003, 10:28 AM: Message edited by: Nidan1 ]

I spent a good part of my morning searching for my Inner Gnome.....And I found him! He's been sitting on my Inner Joe....and my Inner Croda keeps throwing balls at both of them.....and.....I don't feel so good this morning....

[ July 21, 2003, 10:48 AM: Message edited by: Persephone ]

Inner Gnome Inner Joe

26 %  

The chance of a relationship working out between Inner Gnome and Inner Joe is not very big, but a relationship is very well possible, if the two of you really want it to, and are prepared to make some sacrifices for it. You'll have to spend a lot of quality time together. You must be aware of the fact that this relationship might not work out at all, no matter how much time you invest in it.