ROW III - The Boots & Tracks CMBB Tourney (Part 3)

• Replies 277
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello KR,

I have been informed by SA Postal services (when I queried the wine prize transit times) that all containers that went out before 1 Jan. 2003 and up to 2 months before this date was delayed. So please expect delivery times closer to 20 bloody weeks. :eek:

Sorry gents, but SA had one of the busiest seasons ever in all manner of exported goods, and while I envy the Singapore and Hong Kong container terminal through-put per day, SA does not even come close if things were send via the very slow snail mail method.

Latest estimated time of arrival being middle May 2003. Ask Kiwi Joe, he had to wait even longer, but he got the wines...eventually.

Kindest regards,

Charl Theron

header_Winelands02.gif

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

</font>

[ February 21, 2003, 12:02 PM: Message edited by: WineCape ]

It is out of PURE FRUSTRATION that I must ask -- were any of these scenarios (or one particularly smelly, boring, P.O.S. scenario) tested before being foisted off on the innocent tournament participants?

I would be surprised if they were, given what a HUGE HULKING P.O.S. one of the scenarios is -- unless, of course, someone miscounted, and realized they had to have a fifth scenario pronto, and someone else remembered that their third cousin Nedbert the Dim had gotten drunk one night and made a scenario that had promptly been buried in the backyard under the part where the dog poops so that it would never see the light of day.

Then, it might make sense.

No F.O.W. was harmed in the venting of this frustration.

Steve

Hi Mr Spkr. I recall from previous ROW tornaments that it was specifically mentioned that surrendering or even agreeing to a ceasefire can skew the results around under the Nabla system. If you're finding it particularly tough going I suggest disengaging your forces and trying to minimise your losses in order to avoid any "artificial" premature ending of the scenario.

My 2 cents worth.

Regards

Jim R.

Ahhh hahh my two slow opponents have time to moan...

:D

Look you two it is 9.46am here and I either have a day of gardening, painting and putting up pictures for my beloved, or some turns from you two!!

So stop watching the rubbish on Saturday night TV and do something constructive.

;)

Both of you are just delaying the inevitable.

tongue.gif

As for the Cpl I think you will find that is not the game Mr Spkr is talking about as I think he might mean something else.

Ohh and if T can stop playing in the snow and send me a turn that would be damn fine too.

Until then I back to the Septic tourney.

tongue.gif

H

Originally posted by Holien:

Ahhh hahh my two slow opponents have time to moan...

Look you two it is 9.46am here and I either have a day of gardening, painting and putting up pictures for my beloved, or some turns from you two!!

So stop watching the rubbish on Saturday night TV and do something constructive.

;)

Just sent my return file off H. Don't say I'm not good to you!

BTW, I had to watch my local footy team (as in Aussie Rules) beat the wharfie weeners in a very tight match which was won by one point, hence the delay.

Regards

Jim R.

It is out of PURE FRUSTRATION that I must ask -- were any of these scenarios (or one particularly smelly, boring, P.O.S. scenario) tested before being foisted off on the innocent tournament participants?
No. I designed all of them the night before, with the exception of Hosszupalyi, which was slapped together minutes before the start of the tourney. For the Briefings I just cut and pasted from various articles on the web, some which didn't even pertain to the actual battle.

However, don't get the impression that this was done out of desperation. On the contrary, this was planned well in advance, and done so that the other designers could relax and enjoy their free time, rather than waste countless hours researching, designing and testing a scenario that someone would eventually call a huge, hulking P.O.S.

Originally posted by Kanonier Reichmann:

Hi Mr Spkr. I recall from previous ROW tornaments that it was specifically mentioned that surrendering or even agreeing to a ceasefire can skew the results around under the Nabla system. If you're finding it particularly tough going I suggest disengaging your forces and trying to minimise your losses in order to avoid any "artificial" premature ending of the scenario.

My 2 cents worth.

Regards

Jim R.

Yeah, I've done that -- I don't think I can get anything else off the map, and I don't think my opponent can get to my remaining forces (who are pretty bloody impotent at this point).

Steve

Originally posted by Kingfish:

However, don't get the impression that this was done out of desperation. On the contrary, this was planned well in advance, and done so that the other designers could relax and enjoy their free time, rather than waste countless hours researching, designing and testing a scenario that someone would eventually call a huge, hulking P.O.S.

Whew. I'm glad to hear that. I wouldn't want anyone to have wasted their time or anything!

Steve

Hey CDIC I see your PC has not yet been crated via a fast boat to HK yet?

That or are you sad enough to be in an Internet Cafe?

Yep wedding is set for August and as we are having friends from Aussie, Argentina and the States over we will delay the honeymoon until Nov when we can get rid of the free loaders...

;)

As for destination I am keeping your suggestion in mind. I am also waiting to see how the world progresses in the near future.

As for ROWIII, I take it all back about that damn Aussie he has sent two files and even given me action. Action is a big plus as I was getting a tad bored....

Thxs KR!!

Just that yappie Kiwi who has failed to deliver and is curled up in his bed as I type this.

;)

I even got a turn from T and I wanted to send it right back as I did not like it.

Who knows I might avoid putting up the curtain rails....

:(

Occhhhh I must go she has me by the balls..

Yes dear, no dear, three bags full dear....

Ohhh married life is wonderful....

H

Okay, now that I had a bit of time to relax, I want to apologize to Kingfish and more importantly, to the scenario designer (who shall remain unnamed to preserve F.O.W.). I was out of line venting the way I did. I do realize that quite a bit of time was put into the design of these scenarios, and I know that, as a scenario designer, I would be pretty irritated if some ya-hoo said those things about something I had worked hard on.

In any event, my apologies to those offended.

Steve

To: My worthy foes, plus Kingfish, WineCape, et al.

Subject: Nonprogress Report for Kettler, John

Summary: Am still not CMBB capable.

The long awaited 17" iMac has not yet appeared, and may not until next week. I did carefully investigate DSL options and found, after much calling and asking of tough questions, that no DSL service whatsoever is available in my area, and that no one knows when it will become available. Am looking into cable modem and satellite options.

In my estimation, there is still enough time to play the five games, particularly given that many will have finished their other games, hence be available, and that Kingfish has informed me that he's cutting me some time slack. Almost resigned before my roomie told me about your E-mailed reply, Kingfish!

Wish I had better news to report, but that's how things are right now.

Regards,

John Kettler

Originally posted by Holien

Hey CDIC I see your PC has not yet been crated via a fast boat to HK yet?

That or are you sad enough to be in an Internet Cafe?

Yep wedding is set for August and as we are having friends from Aussie, Argentina and the States over we will delay the honeymoon until Nov when we can get rid of the free loaders...

;)

As for destination I am keeping your suggestion in mind. I am also waiting to see how the world progresses in the near future.

The computers along with all my other worldly possesions are already on a container bound for the land of kangaroo's and Koala Bears - on Friday i shall be on a plane to the same destination, i am now reduced to using my old laptop for e-mail.....it can't even run CMBO - oh the pain! :(:(

CDIC

[ February 22, 2003, 10:23 PM: Message edited by: Captitalistdoginchina ]

HI CDIC,

I am sure this has already been mentioned but are you going to change your sig?

Pity you are not being based in the Adelaide area as you could kick KR up the derry air and get him sending turns on a regular basis.

As for the nocturnal shy Kiwi he has kept under cover this weekend so far.

I guess today I shall be finishing off curtain poles.

I am lucky that her indoors is letting me out of the house for a pub lunch which is a treat for all the work I did yesterday. I just have to persuade her to drive so I can sample the real ale.

;)

H