Chicago Players

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How about 25 Jan, early afternoon, and there is a place that has alligator, elk, ostrich, and other meats...along with a nice variety of beer. Grizzlys is the name of the place, and is on Lincoln, between Irving Park and Addison. How is that?

Rune

I am up for a get-together. As for a place, I don't really have any suggestions to offer. So long as they will put up with us staying forever (preferably without demanding our first born in return), and it is possible to park legally somewhere within half a mile, whatever you come up with will do.

Originally posted by Spanish Bombs:

Would hope to make it, at least for a little while, but with a 6-week old baby calling all the shots, I can't make any guarantees. If anyone is on the fence, I can report that, having made a couple of these get-to-gethers, they are worth the effort.

Ditto...except my little girl will be 7 weeks :D

Rune, didn't realize you were an Illinois resident.

Grew first south of Chicago (Will County) then over near the Quad Cities. Dad was a State Trooper. Went to Bradley University in Peoria.

Will fire you an e-mail when I come home on leave, would love to hook up, maybe do a SimHq Illinois meet with an entire bunch of midwest folks. Maybe get some tickets to Wrigley, watch the Cubs lose, get poed, go get drunk.

Beats watching the Mariners here. How can you cheer for a team called the Mariners? Or the SeaHawks? Bears, that's a team name.

(P.S. have a signed 1986 Walter Payton Jersey on my wall, do I count as a fan?)

rune,

hey, i ran by grizzlys today and checked out the parking lot. it is metered monday through saturday, free on sunday. cost is 25 cents for an hour up til i think 5pm, then free after that. street parking would probably not be too bad around there either. there are usually lots of spots on lincoln and the residential streets around it. just wanted to give you the heads up.

also, i don't have a laptop, so would be relying on others.

smile.gif

I will run this barrage balloon up and see if how much flak it takes by SWMBO.

Naturally I would bring my laptop, but all things considered, I would not recommend depending on it to be there. I have a very fun medical procedure the day before and lots of schoolwork to do so I am iffy.

Looks like a great place though and it has some definite draw power. I would like to see everyone again and have some fun.

We'll see.

BDH

Hoopla!

I'm in.

I might still be a bit out of it on Friday, but the wife just happens to need another weekend in the big city and wants to drive over.

Now if the weather holds up, there should be nothing to hold us back.

We can have a nice breakfast on Sunday and be back home in plenty of time to watch the Super Bowl.

Hopefully I won't have a test on that Monday.

BDH

The confirmed are barrold, Lord Dragon, myself, JasonC, Berli are for sure. Possibilities include flyinghellfish, rob, bauhaus, and Spanishbombs. A couple of sure nos. Anyone I miss who will be coming? I want to burn a CD for those that are witht he two rune paks.

Rune

Originally posted by SimHq.com Tom Cofield:

Beats watching the Mariners here. How can you cheer for a team called the Mariners? Or the SeaHawks? Bears, that's a team name.

(P.S. have a signed 1986 Walter Payton Jersey on my wall, do I count as a fan?)

Maybe we could spend all day bitching about the Bears coaching and ownership instead of playing CMBB. I froze my arse off in Champaign watching the comical futility of Henry Burris and John Shoop trying to get a single point on the board.