German and French players - take command!

Moon

Strategic Command to be released in Germany and France

Battlefront.com, Fury Software and Walkon Media ("Most Wanted Games") have partnered to release a fully localized German and French version of Strategic Command in the German and French speaking European countries (Germany, France, Switzerland, Benelux). The game (v1.07) features a complete graphics overhaul (interface, map and units) as well as a number of unit and terrain mods on CD. It will be available May 15th from all major retailers for a recommended retail price of EUR 29.99, as well as directly from Most Wanted Games . The localized versions will not be sold by Battlefront.com, but the original US version continues to be available to European customers without restrictions.

The improved graphics will be made available for download from Battlefront.com to the existing fan base in a later patch in English.

Strategic Command Game Features

- 6 historical campaigns, incl. D-Day, Barbarossa, Fall Weiss.

- 2 player mode (LAN, TCP/IP, PBEM)

- historically correct developments (can be switched off)

- Various units incl. land, naval and air forces

- The player can control the forces of up to 25 nations (6 main nations, 19 minor nations)

- Statistics screen with all information about military strength, resources and even total losses

- Easy to use campaign editor included to allow for custom made "what-if" campaigns

System Specs

Windows 98/Me/NT/2000/XP

Pentium II Procressor with 400 MHz

64 MB RAM

8 MB graphics card

DirectX 7.0

Strategic Command won the "PC Gamer Editor Choice" with a score of 90%, as well as 88% from GameSpy.com.

For more information visit Battlefront.com or Most Wanted Games.

No, the version in beta now is the one that will ship with the German and French version. The improved graphics (when finished in english) will be a separate optional download, not a patch as such.

Martin

ok, next try:

MR. MOON: WHAT ABOUT THE AUSTRIAN PEOPLE, WHY DIDN'T YOU MENTION THIS POOR LITTLE GERMAN SPEAKING COUNTRY WHILE INTRODUCING THE LOCALIZED VERSIONS???

NO DISTRIBUTION, BECAUSE HITLER WAS BORN IN AUSTRIA, OR NO DISTRIBUTION, BECAUSE THEIER IS NO DISTRIBUTOR FOR AUSTRIA, OR NO DISTRIBUTION, BECAUSE EVERYONE AT BATTLEFRONT SLEPT ALL THE TIME AT SCHOOL IN HISTORY LESSONS?

284.gif

With a happy "he is risen from the grave" from Bremen / Germany

Claus Stührmann

Originally posted by xwormwood:

poor AUSTRIA ...

lol

Although they forgot to mention Austria as a German speaking country, and though I already own the English version of SC, I will buy the German version as soon as it appears.

But please, Hubert and Battlefront, don't make a “cleansed” German version.

As I know from other games, the publishers of German versions sometimes eliminate the historical names of German leaders.

I don't like to see Generals “Rammel” and “Mondstein” in SC! ;)

I was wondering...is it too late to add a toggle unit graphics on/off option for the SC graphics patch? I like the new unit pictures, but my eyes for some reason process better the bare bones unit pictures of the old SC.

By the way, thanks for the onslaught of new news regarding SC. There seemed to be a lull for a little bit. smile.gif

Originally posted by FvAustria:

But please, Hubert and Battlefront, don't make a “cleansed” German version.

As I know from other games, the publishers of German versions sometimes eliminate the historical names of German leaders.

I don't like to see Generals “Rammel” and “Mondstein” in SC! ;)

Not to worry, the demo is a direct reflection of the final version so there will be no cleansing as you've described above smile.gif

Hubert

I was wondering...is it too late to add a toggle unit graphics on/off option for the SC graphics patch? I like the new unit pictures, but my eyes for some reason process better the bare bones unit pictures of the old SC.
While there is no toggle switch for in game units, there will be an 'Extras' folder included for all final v1.07 versions which include the original unit icons. In fact this folder exists in the current Walkon downloadable demo and it includes 3 different unit icon sets (including an enhanced original v1.0 - v1.06 set) as well as the original resource icons for the game.

Enjoy!

Hubert

[ April 20, 2003, 09:44 PM: Message edited by: Hubert Cater ]

As originally posted by jmbunnelle:

Hubert also let me do the new map which I was really excited about.

Congratulations on a very fine piece of work. The over-all impression is one of... subtle grandeur. :cool:

If you are also working on the map for SC2, I wish you luck... and, think... LARGE! (... to include most of Scandanavia, Persia, South Atlantic to mid-Africa, and... all the way to the mighty Mississipp! smile.gif

As originally posted by Moon:

Strategic Command to be released in Germany and France

Extending your reach eh? Good idea, and given their many millenia of hard-learned experience, these 2 would surely know a little something about... War & Peace.

Also, it will extend the parameters of this forum... be interesting to hear more from our European friends. Am looking forward to it. smile.gif