Hubert. I could make a rebirth of SC if I had a better Editor.

zappsweden

Hubert.

Could you please consider giving someone the permission to improve the campaign editor or perhaps do a minor update yourself?

In Sid Meiers Gettysburg there was no editor. People made their own editors and scenarios and created lots of fun, replayability and interest for the players. Communities grew and several sites were devoted to the game.

Now, in SC there is already an editor. It is so close to perfection, like falling on the final hurdle.

Only missing important features are

1) Deactivating countries so that you can modify setup for all neutral countries and deactivate them again i.e SCENARIO BALANCING

2) Altering attributes for units (unit cost, Action Points and everything) i.e UNIT BALANCING

That is the list. With those changes, almost every possible variation of WW2 could be played.

[ October 16, 2003, 07:18 PM: Message edited by: zappsweden ]

I am trying to make a game that is a blend between Empire and Strategic Command and TOAW. I was planning to make it extremly editable. The AI of this game is still very lousy but i could really use some feedback on technical issues (does it run properly on your OS?) and playability issues (is it fun? or cumbersome?).

If anybody is willing to help me, please surf to:

http://www.reijkersz.nl

Friendly greetings,

Vic

I was tempted to test out your game until I saw the disclaimer. Fair enough, I understand why, but is your game likely to cause any problems if I download it? Has anyone else experienced any?

I'm happy to try it out, but I don't want to risk losing my computer in the process.

Back to SC. I think that if people are tired of the game then they should do/play something else for a while (like Combat Mission ;) ), as otherwise by the time SC2 is finally launched we may be fed up with the concept of the game.

Bill

It hasnt crashed anyones computer yet. But i just wanted to make really clear you cannot sew me if something unexpected happens.

5 peoples installed it already and none of them had any problems. Though the Win95 person could not get the sprites displayed correctly.

The reason i need people to test things is to find out about these things. The reason i posted on battlefront is that i think a chunck of the SC gamers should be interested in an empire-building / wargame mix of game.

I could use input.

Victor Reijkersz

Good Luck with your idea. If I had some free time I'd snap at the Beta-Testing opportunity, sounds like a great game. Unfortunately, I've been having less time to spend on these things lately.

Getting back to the original idea:

(copied from another Thread)

Another cost idea tossed around was to have each unit of a given type become incrementally more expensive than the last one. That way the tenth air fleet a country builds would be much more costly than, say, it's fourth or fifth. It would be the same for all units, of course; probably it would vary by type.

Units would increase at a given % per type as new ones are built, each more expensive than the previous one that country built, but not counting those in play in it's initial Order of Battle.

Air Fleets and Bombers, to me, would be the most expensive, increasing at 20% per new unit, tanks and rockets would increase 15% with Armies, naval units and corps at 10%.

Such a system would reflect diminishing resources and manpower.

Damn, the Green and Red Bones are already taken, but I've still got my favorite color -- Blue, uh, I mean Gold -- no, make it, uh, Purple -- Black!