Your Personal Best?

Shep

As the Germans, my personal best last turn MPP is 428. I got up to that even though my industrial research had yet to pay off. I conquered the Low Countries, France, and Sweden, and received the 3 Balkan countries for free. Yugoslavia was hanging on by its toenails as the demo ended. The Italians left Greece alone.

Anyone else want to chime in? How about personal bests as the Allies?

Good thread idea.

I'd personally like to hear some input. It would be nice to know how well I did at the end of game. The demo kinda' leaves me hanging in limbo.

So far, I find the Germans _far_ easier to have success with. Straight on attack and quick as a jiff, the Vichy is installed.

The Allies however, are a bloody pain. Stalemate is the best I can aim for and usually it's a constant struggle to hold the line. With one slip, I'm free-falling 'till defeat.

[ May 22, 2002, 05:51 PM: Message edited by: Galatine ]

Not sure about the MPP level, but I had a default game as the Axis where I ended up with (In the order they fell) Low Countries, France, Vichy, Malta, Spain, Portugal, Gibralter, Alexandria, Yugoslavia, Iraq, Greece, Bulgaria, and Turkey. Romania and Hungary joined the cause, as did the Finns when Russia invaded after I declared war on Turkey.

LOL Moon u bast. :D

Only played Allies as yet, same as Galatine, can only hold Western front line for 4-5 months, one f*** up and everything goes to pot. On the plus side I've managed to smash the Italian and German fleet for little loss, so I rule the Med, N sea etc. Also an operation in Norway has gone quite well. smile.gif

[ May 22, 2002, 06:54 PM: Message edited by: Londoner ]

Damn, I never thought o look at end turn MPP!

SO far my best (with Axis) was conquering France and then immediately turning on Russia (After a quick stop at Hungary.) With Heavy Tank research I was able to cleave a nice path in before the game ended. Would have made it further if the damn Italians were not hung up in Greece.

[ May 23, 2002, 10:28 AM: Message edited by: Mr. Clark ]

Originally posted by SS_Obergruppenführer:

1278 points. Read it and weep all you SC grognards!! :D

I don't think it's possible to get that much at the end of any turn in the demo. What is that, the entire map? :D

[ May 23, 2002, 07:52 PM: Message edited by: Ancient One ]

Originally posted by SS_Obergruppenführer:

1278 points. Read it and weep all you SC grognards!! :D

The most I've gotten from taking France is 1139 points. Sometimes it's as low as 989. Anyone know what the formula is? Is it just how quickly you conquer a country that determines plunder?

My persomal best is ending the game getting about 430 points, and I'm all set to invade USSR. Have the entire border lined up two deep with armies and tanks, with 3 HQ units, and a half dozen air fleets.

Originally posted by R_Leete:

The most I've gotten from taking France is 1139 points. Sometimes it's as low as 989. Anyone know what the formula is? Is it just how quickly you conquer a country that determines plunder?

RL,

It does not matter how quickly you conquer a nation. Also, each nation has a range for its plunder value. What you get will fall within that range.

478 as Germany in the demo. If I hadn't let Italy grab Bulgaria, it would have been higher.

Took Low Countries, France, Sweden, Vichy, Yugoslavia, was given Hungary and Rumania, and was a turn away from conquering Spain. Both US and USSR were arouind 80% on the war-o-meter.

My personal best. I had taken Sweden, the Low Countries, France(left Vichy alone)and had picked up Bulgaria, Romania and Hungary as german allies. Italy had conquered Greece in about two turns with the aid of german air units. It was closing the net on Yugoslavia when the USSR decided to join the brawl. I had two german HQs(brought in Rommel as #3 a little later) and one italian HQ, Balbo. It was one hell of a mess. My 7 armies and 4 TGs easily stopped the russian advance into poland at the border without any air support, not that russia had much in the way of airpower, and even managed a little counter-attack. The romanian border was another story. Most of my romanian and hungarian troops were truned towards Yugoslavia in case the serbs tried anything. Bulgaria hadn't even joined my alliance yet. The red tide just poured into Romania. Only the mountains, a romanian corp and the russian bungling saved Ploesti. I was just about to finish off Yugoslavia and turn Balbo and his 3 armies and 1 TG against the russians when the game ended. Damn I love this game. Cya, bye!

I've managed to keep the Germans from taken France, through taking advantage of a Gamey tactic.. It would seem that the German's are happy to bomb my ships,and thus not my front line, with it's air units. So, I ended up with a depleated Navy, but held the line to two hexes away from Paris... Brit & French air power was gone, but it didn't matter... heh!

Italy never entered to war either...

Of course, in the real game, I'd eventually be toast.

Aloid

• 1 month later...

I hate to get involved in "one-upsmanship," but my PB (default settings) is approximately 600 MPP per turn after defeating the Low Countries, French, Baltic States, Yugos, and SOVIETS and actually having the Seelowe invasion fleet in the English channel as the demo ended.

Also, a PB in wiping out England to win the war approximately a turn before the US and USSR would have come in.

To defeat the USSR you must go in ASAP after France, using the Baltic states as a staging point. Put all armor, all air, a couple HQs and whatever random corps that are laying about into a hellacious drive on Moscow. (Ignore Leningrad other than to cut it off and use the leftover units to push into the Ukraine so as to tie up Soviet assets.)

With the armor you can throw a monster pincer movement around Moscow and be in position to dash to the Urals. If you are quick and lucky you can actually take the Urals before the AI reinforces them.

With refinements of that strategy I have managed to beat the USSR a few times in a row. (Although it is by no means easy - it very much helps if you can get lucky with a few heavy tank upgrades.)

P.S. (on exterminating Bolshevism in Spring '41)

Use the Italians to take Yugoslavia once they can build an HQ and air unit and don't monkey around with leaving HQs and fighters to defend France against the RAF - a few corps near the coast will discourage any invasion and the air units are much more valuable in pounding the Russkies than in saving MPPs from the depredations of the RAF terrorfliegeren.

When you control ALL of Russia the MPP gain far offsets whatever damage the puny RAF can do.