Time for the ryder cup 2004

Kuniworth

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There is PBEM if player's want to, it's that simple. Ryder Cup is about fun for everybody. Wehrmacht vs Sir Jersey is already a done deal in our Ryder Cup "Showcased PBEM" match smile.gif

It's about fun, not deadlines, rules, & screwing up your life. All I ask, if you can't finish in a "reasonable" time or you have interupts from real-life, just let everybody know. Just have the courtesy to post/e-mail somebody that higher priorities have come. Even better, don't sign-up if you don't have time.

For the Love of the Game,

Legend

Zapp as i told you yesterday if you dont have enough players i will help you out and bring along also two other players from the Panzerleague.

So

-Dragonheart

-Sombra

-Dev0

would be ready to help the european case....

But be aware that i will spent the coming weekends on the countryside and wont be at home therefore it could be a little bit diffucult to play the US Team for me.

I agree with Kuniworth that it should be TCP/IP only because else it would be strange matchups. I mean, you have to avoid PBEM vs TCP/IP matchups and then you have to match a PBEM player to a PBEM player hence not match players accordingly to player strength (which is better).

There is PBEM if player's want to, it's that simple. Ryder Cup is about fun for everybody. Wehrmacht vs Sir Jersey is already a done deal in our Ryder Cup "Showcased PBEM" match

It's about fun, not deadlines, rules, & screwing up your life. All I ask, if you can't finish in a "reasonable" time or you have interupts from real-life, just let everybody know. Just have the courtesy to post/e-mail somebody that higher priorities have come. Even better, don't sign-up if you don't have time.

Yes, I would have loved to play against Sir Jersey. For Zapp I would like to say that if Jersey spoke the truth as he said he is probably one of the worst sc players, then we are quite equal :D

But the rules are rules. If the Tourney *judge* says that it's only tcp/ip, then it's tcp/ip, no complaining about that.

And ofcourse there are better Europeans than me, so I guess I wouldn't be in this tourney anyway.

Kurt

My Good Man, I do beg your pardon.

After finally working up the courage to say I'd play you do you actually expect me to work up the courage to make a move!? :D

"Hello, Grandma, yeah, it's me, JJ. I'm having a problem, it's that Kurt88 guy again, telling people I'm chicken -- and it isn't true! Well, okay, it's sort of true, but I'm not a chicken exactly, only a coward."

cwp_billymumy3.jpg

[ April 20, 2004, 08:05 AM: Message edited by: JerseyJohn ]

You've abducted my own handpuppets -- I never, I'm shocked! I thought you were Belgian, not French! No, no, forgive me, that just slipped out, but still how could do such a thing?

Damn, that leaves me with only the hundred and fifty I've got hidden from Marion, the rest are in the, well, we had a bargeque and Marion sort of -- hell, I love her anyway and maybe she'll know better next time I let her out.

Be a man is it! -- (how?)

So what is it you're waiting for me to say, that I'm preparing my first move even now? That I'm not frightened to death of playing you?

Is that it?

Well ...

Hmmmm, let me get back to you on those issues -- and I'm not stalling, okay?

Honestly I'm not. :D

Very Well Sir, you've slighted my honor for the last time. You'll have my first move ...

really really soon, I promise. :eek:

Oh, but I must!

Actually, I'll be honest, I've started making our first move and after reloading it 193 times can't get the damn Soviet Army to collapse for me -- who knows, perhaps I'll be 200 times lucky! :D

Thank you for your patience, serious reloading is very time consuming. ;)

In the unlikely event there's places left, I'd be more than happy for a PBEM rematch against Jersey John. Last year's Ryder Cup game was one of the two most enjoyable SC games I've ever played.

I promise a suitably florid and surreal AAR. I also promise not to surrender, and to become incresingly hysterical and accusatory as the fortunes of war turn against me before committing suicide in the ruins of (insert capital city here).

FOR EUROPE! FOR CULTURE! FOR STATE FUNDED HEALTH CARE!

s.european.union.jpg

I have a proposal. Lets make a TCP/IP priority rule. All PBEM players are placed at the bottom of the list and can play PBEM against other PBEM players or being forced to play TCP/IP if there were none.

say America is

1. Mike

2. Lee

3. Ossy

4. Pete

5. Don (PBEM)

6. Peter (PBEM)

And Europe is

1. Sven

2. John

3. Marco

4. Heinrich

5. Fredrik

6. Mika (PBEM)

That would mean 1-4 play TCP/IP

5 would be a TCP vs PBEM and that means the game converts to TCP/IP else the PBEM player loses.

6. PBEM

Zapp & Kuniworth --- Quit banging the TCP/IP bell, not everybody can play that. Not everybody lives online like you guys. PBEM is just fine, there are lots of them out there....remember, this is coming from a guy who doesn't play PBEM, it's there business, not mine.

Originally posted by Avatar:

I'd just like to say, I represent pretty much the 'we have the Canucks this year' Any other Canadians around?

But i'm moving to germany in 5 weeks, so there might be a technicality issue there...

YEAH!

If we lose the Cup we will wait until the last gun is silenced and then we will write a protest, LOL :D;)

Originally posted by jon_j_rambo:

Zapp & Kuniworth --- Quit banging the TCP/IP bell, not everybody can play that. Not everybody lives online like you guys. PBEM is just fine, there are lots of them out there....remember, this is coming from a guy who doesn't play PBEM, it's there business, not mine.

I have only one thing to say here. As the tourney-leader I will never accept pbem UNLESS their is a really tight time-limit on when games should be finished. This is a conclusion from the experience of last ryder cup.

Lord Archibald !!

Great to see you -- a second matchup would be great, agreed that AAR and the first game was one of the most enjoyable games for me as well.

Kuni, Zapp

Those of us who want to play PBEM will just organize our own tournament where we aren't second class citizens. Personally I'm already starting to get insulted by the tone of this thing. A separate PBEM event would be fine.

Wehrmacht

So far it looks like for PBEM we've got yourself and Archibald for Europe and me for the United States. I'm not sure how many others will want to play that way.

To be honest the first year the game was out I played a lot of PBEM games and I'd say my playing level is more like intermediate than terrible but it's been a long time since I've played and I don't keep up with the strategies.

A big concern for a lot of people is reloading moves. I don't and I'm satisfied that my opponents haven't, but for some reason that becomes an obsession.

[ April 20, 2004, 06:28 PM: Message edited by: JerseyJohn ]