Ive won so many games Im getting bored

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ROFL!! Joe your excuses are a tad weak me thinks. LOL youve never had some joker smash the buildings in your setup zone with multiple gun/tank combos, from turn 1 before? Who in hell you been playing all these months? Hoards of first time PBEMers? Bit of advice m8, dont go anywhere near buildings with anything more expensive than a piat team until youve neturalised most of the enemys heavy weapons. LOL sorry i cant stop laughin :D

I just finished my rematch game with Kiwi Joe(AXIS player) tonight. It was a VERY tough game and Kiwi played extremely well, but I won after 5 turns this time(kiwi surrendered).

The map and weather settings were the same as our previous game. The unit restrictions were the same except that Kiwi Joe was allowed to purchase two non-volksgrenadier SMG squads.

I won't go into my unit selections, but the key to winning this time was getting my tanks into hulldown position with the hunt command(everybody needs to learn this command!). I also took advantage of my fine allied scout cars to locate Kiwi's tanks, most of which were sitting out in the open.

So who did you beat? I missed it. How many more do you have lined up. If you had played this smart you could have made some money on this thing. Damn, next time get TV involved. And where's the bloody detail by detail's. smile.gif

Just for your information Kiwi joe, I am a woman. And yes kiwi played me a month ago and won, but at that time I didn't know how to use the hunt or hide command.

Also, after looking over the surrender map for this game, I noticed Kiwi joe bought a 150mm arty spotter when the rules stated that no artillery over 120mm(I still have the email where he agreed to the rules). I don't know what to think about this, but most people would call that, "cheating".

[ 04-26-2001: Message edited by: catnip ]

Kiwi, take a look again, you have 3 arty spotters. One is 81mm, the other is 120mm, and the last is 150mm. The spotter is located in the trees above your three infantry guns along the edge of the map.

I have a screenshot but don't know how to post it, so if anybody wants to see it, please email me.

Not trying to mean any disrespect towards catnip (Or even KiwiJoe for that matter) but how can a 5 turn game be termed "very tough"?

A 5 turn game seems to me like a blow out for one of the sides unless the game was played by "Gettysburg" rules. i.e. Everyone out in the open slugging it out.

Gyrene

Kiwi, to be fair, you should count my missed shots too(which I don't). When you say things like you fired 7 shots(throughout the game) and they all missed(sounds like an excuse again), go back and look at the distance and how the target was situated(hulldown makes the target hittable on average 20% of the time, 1 out of 5 shots).

Btw, I think that is our last game together.

I didn't like having to argue with you over your reluctance to give me a fair map and now this 150mm arty I find on the map. I play this game for fun and don't like it when people break the rules just to, "win".

[ 04-26-2001: Message edited by: catnip ]

Im not an idiot... I would never buy outside the rules on purpose to cheat. How was I ever going to get away with that? You would know at the end of the game or when the shells started falling that it was rockets and therefore muct be more than 120mm. It was an honest mistake.

As for the map, I agreed, after some discussion, that it was biased towrds me too much and we should choose another. After spending over an hour doing my setup I wasnt gonna just give it away without talking it over.

I dont know why your the 1 with the bug up your ass... you won, and I congratulated you.

If you dont want another game in the future fine, NP.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Im not an idiot... <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Actually KiwiJoe your status as an idiot (or a foolhardy commedian) has been beyond a shadow of a doubt after you started this thread. Not being able to stick to the rules that you obviously discussed in some detail only solidifies my assessment.

Way to go sticking it to the blowhard catnip!

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Gyrene:

Not trying to mean any disrespect towards catnip (Or even KiwiJoe for that matter) but how can a 5 turn game be termed "very tough"?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE> I fink that's called 'being polite' or magnanimous in victory. You must be of the "I really kicked your useless arse" school of gloating? :D

In fairness to KiwiJoe he has really set himself up here and quite a few people do seem awfully anxious to see him taken down a peg or two. So far he has conducted himself pretty well with regard to his losses (much as it sticks in my craw to say so about a bludging NZer smile.gif ) despite a slight tendency to excuses.

If any of you drooling lackwits see fit to seize upon the fact that catnip is a woman as being an excuse for any more of the cretinous drivel that has previously occurred in such circumstances, rest assured I'll be chucking another shrimp on my bbq :D

Catnip sent me some screenshots of the first fight with Kiwi so that I could post them over here. So much speculation here, so see it and judge for yourself. smile.gif

Center from Catnip's side

catnip_center.jpg

Left from Catnip's side

catnip_left.jpg

Right from Catnip's side

catnip_right.jpg

Center from Kiwi's side

kiwi_center1.jpg

Another from Kiwi's center

kiwi_center2.jpg

Kiwi's left

kiwi_left.jpg

And finally, Kiwi's right

kiwi_right.jpg

BTW, these screenshots from the first game (and the unit choices in the AAT posted by Catnip earlier) are a great example of "the system" at work, for those that are still wondering what it is. The less cover on the map, the better guns are.

Hey Cat, I checked TH. You exist there but it says you have not played any games. Where'd you learned to play? Nice win BTW.