A thin line between...

Seems my wife is pregnant with the first addition to our family (I honestly don't know how that happened with all of the CM I've been playing recently). So those of you with wifes, kids, etc. when do you manage to get quality time with CM? I don't want to end up like the guy who let his dog pee on the carpet because he kept saying he would let her out after the next turn.

I was lucky in that the first few months I had CM my wife was working 14 hour days. No guilt there. Now that she is home at night it is a little harder to play guilt free.

I guess I know that at a minimum I have a ready made PBEM opponent on the way.

[ 05-24-2001: Message edited by: Enoch ]

OK, here is what you do, this is a long and complex process so you have to be dedicated

1.Get the kid into the habit of going to bed early.

2.If the wife is not working you have to make her get a job, if she works overtime that is a bonus.

3.Fake a back injury or something similar so the wife has to do all the work around the house.

4.Get the wife pregnant as soon as possible.

5.And there you go, the kid is asleep by 8:00, the wife is so beat from being pregnant, working all day, taking care of the kid, and doing chores around the house that she will be asleep by 8:05

6.Go get on the computer and play CM until you pass out.

Works for me, give it a try.

Originally posted by Enoch:

[QB] I don't want to end up like the guy who let his dog pee on the carpet because he kept saying he would let her out after the next turn.

---------------------------------------------

You may not want to be but you may not have a choice :D

Actually, My 3mo old daughter is sitting on my lap as I type. Kids will understand, spouses won't! :confused:

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Enoch:

Seems my wife is pregnant with the first addition to our family (I honestly don't know how that happened with all of the CM I've been playing recently).<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Insist on a DNA test on the kid. Maybe you can divorce your wife on grounds of adultery. Then you will have huge amounts of time to play CM. :rolleyes:

Michael

"Look, Honey, I don't do drugs, I don't gamble, I don't drink too much, I don't beat you, and I don't cheat on you. What I do is play CM."

Okay, so I'm not married, but maybe it would work. Of course, if you do at least two or more of the other things I mentioned, then time for CM will not be a problem for much longer.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Pvt. Ryan:

"Look, Honey, I don't do drugs, I don't gamble, I don't drink too much, I don't beat you, and I don't cheat on you. What I do is play CM."

Okay, so I'm not married, but maybe it would work. Of course, if you do at least two or more of the other things I mentioned, then time for CM will not be a problem for much longer.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hey, that would never work on my wife.

Seriously, unless your wife is some kind of anti-videogame crusader, it shouldnt' be that much trouble.

All of these elaborate schemes are silly.

You just have to talk to her about it.

Tell her you really love the game and would like to find a way to knock out some time to play.

Some guys move the computer into the TV room so you can hang out with her when she watches TV. When I wait for the turns to compiles, you can have a conversation.

My wife is a teacher, so I play when she does lesson plans.

On the weekend I say, "Sure ill do x, y, and z, but I gotta get in a couple hours of CM or ill be unable to think about anything else."

Most anything like this can just be settled quickly by talking it over.

If she never wants you to play, you have a problem, but most likely she wants you available at a particular time.

Just figure out what she wants you to do and make sure not to let her down.

Theoretically, at least, you love this woman and won't spend every waking moment in front of the computer and theorectically you realize she's not part of some conspiracy to stop you from playing.

I've found that women will freak over games cause the guy just vanishes into the game and there is no indication that he's ever going to come out. If you let them know that you are willing to set some limits and emerge eventually you can curb the CM widow syndrome..

Guest Babra

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Michael emrys:

If you can figure out a way to have sex while you play CM, you can have the best of both worlds.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

A couple of opponents have f&%#ed me over. Does that count?

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>One further thought: If you can figure out a way to have sex while you play CM, you can have the best of both worlds. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ha ha, that reminds me of the Seinfeld where Castanza tries to eat while having sex. He's got this big sandwhich Oh ho ho that was a good one!

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Panzer Leader:

Ha ha, that reminds me of the Seinfeld where Castanza tries to eat while having sex. He's got this big sandwhich Oh ho ho that was a good one!<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

He also had a TV. May as well have been CM. smile.gif

To be fair to my better half she never complains when I spen time with CM. In fact she laughs when my friend I play TCP/IP againts calls for a game and she asks how my boyfriend is doing. She also seems to get a kick out of hearing my yell at my troops when they refuse to follow orders.

[ 05-24-2001: Message edited by: Enoch ]

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Dunnee:

Laptop..."doggy style"...nuff said. ;)<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Not only that, you can get her really involved by letting her input all the orders to the game leaving your hands free to...ahem, "enhance her gaming experience".

Michael

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by gunnergoz:

My wife doesn't mind my playing CM too much as long as I'm killing lots of Germans :D

Need I say, she's Ukrainian? :rolleyes:<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

She's gonna loooove it when CM2 comes out then.

Michael

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Terence:

Some guys move the computer into the TV room so you can hang out with her when she watches TV. When I wait for the turns to compiles, you can have a conversation.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

isn't modern life crazy ?

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR> One further thought: If you can figure out a way to have sex while you play CM, you can have the best of both worlds.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Seems like a lot of effort just to get to the troop selection screen though. If I make it as far as the terrain parameters screen she'd better be grateful smile.gif