Fantastic things about CM

Several months ago, I created an insitution. It is now known only as:

Hi Mom™

I thought it would be funny to post a greating in a thread that I new was headed for locksville.

Since then, many of you have taken this and run with it, and I feel the cockles of my heart (Bauhaus...) warmed.

In a recent thread, Colonel_Don'tCallMeAdam_Deadmarsh said he doesn't think it is now or ever was amusing. I disagree, and I think you do too.

This thread is destined for the padlock as well, so I'm asking everyone to chime in here with a greeting to a loved one (or hated one) if they support the Hi Mom™ movement.

I'll start us off with the original, good as gold, locksville signpost:

Hi Mom!

[edit] Oh ya, PawBroon created Inner Croda™. Let's give him some recognition as well. It is doubtless that Hi Mom™ and Inner Croda™ have enhanced the CM community far more than arguments about bicycles and whether or not the .45 can disable the SturmTiger by shooting it in the nads. But I digress...[/edit]

Thanks for your support.

[ 04-27-2001: Message edited by: Croda ]

In all fairness Sweetheart you should also mention other memorablia like my now famed Inner Croda started in the Will the REAL PawBroon please stand up? launched by Emma...

:D

Edit or do Somefink!!

And some people are saying Poolers are NOT contributing anything?!

And lest I forgot, Hi Emma!!

I've really appreciated all you kids logging on to say hi. It's been pretty lonely around the house since Dad passed on. But how come you kids never visit me? Is it too much trouble to come spend some time with your mother? Not even a phone call. Is a pathetic "Hi Mom" on a free BBS the best you can do? You should all be ashamed of yourselves. Well, I have to go now as the dog needs a bath. All I can say is I expect more than a "Hi Mom" on May 13th.

P.S. Hi BTS!

The CM Borg.

The aspects of Croda, inner and outer.

The everlasting Peng thread.

Hi mom.

Fix it or do somefink.

These are all good things. I'm very much in favour of all of them.

If you don't find these things amusing, then please just accept them as the "personality traits" of our community.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by DeadHorse:

Croda, I must agree.

You have been one of the most logical and amusing posters here since I joined the forum.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

??????????

Oh well, to each their own I guess...

In a Seinfeld/CMBO kinda way, I read the lock 'candidates' waiting for Kramer/Croda to burst in with a Hi Mom. If you see him, Matt isn't too far behind.

He has yet to disappoint.

Hi Mom

Tailz

[ 04-27-2001: Message edited by: tailz ]

I think this tag line to the much deserved, though belated, padlock on the War with Australia thread says it all...

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Oh, BTW, Hi Stuka.

Deputy Moderator

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Therefore it is a legitimate gag line with BTS sanction. Don't forget it was Steve who started the hamster thing.

My dog thinks it is a cat. It digs up moles or finds mice, brings them to the front yard, flings them in the air or traps them with her paws. She lets them almost escape, and then she recaptures them, wash, rinse, repeat.

Was this on topic? smile.gif

Does it have antything to do with CM?

HI MAtt!

Guys, every bit of time you force on me to police and lock down pointless threads is time spent away from working on CM2 or improving Battlefront.com's infrastructure.

Please, enough with this crap already. I have better things to bash my head against than countless irrelevant threads.

Madmatt