Well thats it. It's happened. Ive become a lurker.

LGMB

Soldiers,

The Lord General would like to say the following:

Over the past two months I have been displaying clasic luker symptoms: Such as showing up every day, posting nothing, and checking for any BIG news (I.e. New mods, CM Borg returns, Peng challange destorys is self finally). I dont believ I have posted a message in several weeks either. It just seems like my voice has been drowned out, by the shear wait of poeple posting (what like 7000 members now?). Not that this is bad, but It just seems to drown out the indivadual voice. And there are now really only 2 mod sites left, I only need visit them, and not the furom (Toms, and Combat Missions).

Any help to get out of this pickle would be VERY MUCH apprecaited!!!! :(

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Rupert_2:

Looks like I have too, I didn't think I would go like that until I saw your post Lord General MB and notice all the symptoms..

:(

Hopefully CMBB will be the cure !!! smile.gif<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Great... a thread for lurkers... I've actually found you don't even need to show up daily anymore... just cruise the mod sites and keep playing.

I've also joined the lurkers. But I think the main reason is there use to be alot more humorous posts. Now they all seem dry and when you try and start one no one seems to respond or take it too seriously. Sure miss the good old days of a year ago.

Eric

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Lord General MB:

Soldiers,

The Lord General would like to say the following:

Over the past two months I have been displaying clasic luker symptoms: Such as showing up every day, posting nothing, and checking for any BIG news (I.e. New mods, CM Borg returns, Peng challange destorys is self finally). I dont believ I have posted a message in several weeks either. It just seems like my voice has been drowned out, by the shear wait of poeple posting (what like 7000 members now?). Not that this is bad, but It just seems to drown out the indivadual voice. And there are now really only 2 mod sites left, I only need visit them, and not the furom (Toms, and Combat Missions).

Any help to get out of this pickle would be VERY MUCH apprecaited!!!! :(<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Lord General!

Develop a constructive approach to posting to the forums, rather than waiting for your next pat on the head for contributing...er, what, exactly?

Stop waiting for the death of the Peng Challenge Thread! (really, lad: Peng challange destorys is self finally? Our victory is guaranteed when your denunciation takes such an eloquent approach. Get some sleep, and practice moderation in your chemical useage).

There! Surely no pickle can survive an individual's decision to better his universe!

Hard to believe I've been here long enough to see another and relatively non-contributing generation complain about the loss of 'the old days'. At least the first group of veterans actually served in the conflict that created the game. :rolleyes:

LOL.. is there something wrong with lurking?!?!. Frankly there are a few members here who would benefit from lurking instead of posting their worthless drivel or obviously inflammtory comments.

Nonetheless this is by far the best Game Forum I have EVER participated in... period. I attributed this to two main facts. More mature audience, ie. we are all 28+ years old on average and the vigilant moderation by the staff at BTS.

I cannot tell you how much I have learned here from simply lurking!

Thanks again BTS for creating a fantastic game and forum! I am sneaking up on my 1 Year anniversary of playing this game. That is one year of almost daily play, and almost exclusively CM on top of that!

Now all I need to be happy is to convince BTS that their website needs some serious overhaul work, visually in particular. I am 100% convinced they have lost sales due to the rather amatuerish look of the site. No need for flash or fancy stuff, just change the sandback background and get rid of the cheesy pirate flag!

Kevin King

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by kking199:

Now all I need to be happy is to convince BTS that their website needs some serious overhaul work, visually in particular. I am 100% convinced they have lost sales due to the rather amatuerish look of the site. No need for flash or fancy stuff, just change the sandback background and get rid of the cheesy pirate flag!

Kevin King<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I vaguely remember a post some time ago where BTS indicated that modernizing the Website would/could be forthcoming. However, CMBB currently has their full-time attention.

I am 100% convinced they have lost sales due to the rather amatuerish look of the site. No need for flash or fancy stuff, just change the sandback background and get rid of the cheesy pirate flag!

Kevin King<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Wow get rid of the pirate flag... thats like a BTS trade mark or somefink. The sandbag background is good as well. No need to change the battlefront.com banner. The rest of the site could use a new look though. And if people are turned off because BTS has better things to do then work on there website (like work on the Games!)...then thats there problem. Thats just 10 cents from an young CM vet. :D

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Panzerman:

Wow get rid of the pirate flag... thats like a BTS trade mark or somefink. The sandbag background is good as well. And if people are turned off because BTS has better things to do then work on there website (like work on the Games!)...then thats there problem. Thats just 10 cents from an young CM vet. :D<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ok.. they can keep the Pirate flag. But, remember you have grown accustom to the look. It really looks like it was done 5 years ago by some High School kids. And if people are "Turned Off" then BTS most likely loses a sale, which is not good. My opinion is backed up by a MBA in Marketing with experience in managing/developing websites. Like I said fancy is not needed, just need to give the site a more "refined" and "solid" look. Thats all I's gots to say! Now leave me alone so I can get back to lurking! ;)

Guest Panzer Boxb

Lurking is an art....

Lurking takes intenstinal fortitude...

Lurking is not unlike ZEN...

I am the master lurker, I speak no Peng.

I offer no resistance, no assistance, no information.

I am the master lurker. I see what you do, when you do it, how you do it. Then I do it better, but you don't know that. For I am a

lurker, master at that.

Waiting........... tongue.gif

-Mike Z.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by AD:

There are lurkers... and then there are the true lurkers. The few, the proud, the ancient junior members....<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

If you were that good, you'd still be in single-digit posts (and I don't mean typing with one finger)

Ok.. they can keep the Pirate flag. But, remember you have grown accustom to the look. It really looks like it was done 5 years ago by some High School kids. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

But it was done 5 years ago by some high school kids.

Soldiers,

Perhaps a Lurker thread is in order? Some way of bringing some humor back to the furom, and fase out some fo those BORING stats questions:

Ex: Does the Panzer IV's 76mm have the proper deflection (7.8.999999.), rate compared to the accuracy of the 75mm (7.8.9999998).

These threads are really boring and I find it hard to post on topics of so little worth.

We Lukers need a thread for our own!

Whos with me???