THE PENG I TAKE OUR CHALLENGE PUBLIC REVIVAL!!!

Phillies Phan's Phunky Game Updates

4 people total, and that's all I need. I keep telling myself to not play any more. I also remind myself that its bad to make the bathroom smell like that.

Mark IV My flanks are bruised and sore from all of the probing. Brave Polish lads scurry here and there in anticipation of him driving his German made armor things over to my backyard. Just a little closer, Deli boy. This won't hurt much. Its a Rune Scenario, so I look forward to laying a pimp slap upon his poor ego once more. Have I mentioned yet this month that I once had a draw against Mark IV?

jd We are playtesting a rune scenario so I have to be somewhat nebulous. jd is axis and he has some German things. I'm allied so I have a couple of Allied things. He's been shooting at me since turn one with his german things and I said "hey knock it off". He did that little thing with his things where his thing would try to flank my things by doing his patented "thing dance" that ends with a cha cha cha. Of course, I was confused and tried to hide most of my things because they seemed frightened of his things. Little did jd know that I was sharking him with my things because they weren't really scared, they just pretended to soil themselves when he constantly shook his things in his gyrating thing dance. By the time we got to turn 3, many of his things were burning or running around searching for their thing-bits and some of my things were scraped and bruised. I sincerely hope that I end up with more and better things soon or else his things might win this Thing War. Rune, I hope I didn't give too much away.

Elvis Exit Stage Right is a phrenzy gone awry. I've been having a phunky good time at Elvis's expense for quite some time and its been phun. I was supposed to have exited most of my stuff but instead I used it to shoot him over and over. I'm thinking about using my Crews as a platoon of people to do police call because of all the german momentos all over the field. He might win, but I had fun. Isn't that what its all about? (Its not the all about the Hokey Pokey, Bauhaus)

MRPENG Wolf's Lair is going to be difficult for me. I have plenty of good stuff to hurt him with, but I just found some bunkers on his side. How do you kill concrete bunkers? Should I send a Sherman up to shoot him? Perhaps I should scout with my armor and be sure to button them up first. What say you? His bunkers say "88" Is that bad?

• Replies 323
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>His bunkers say "88" Is that bad?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>Not at all, "88" just refers to the degree of protection afforded by the bunker, in this case it's a total of "88" mm penetration factors. Therefore, your Shermans, with their 75mm guns, would only need two hits to exceed the 88mm protection factor unless you happen to have 105 Shermans in which case ONE hit will take the bunker out. Don't forget to maximize your chances by attacking the pillbox from the front while stationary and at as long a range as possible. It can also be helpful to position your tank so that it "moons" the pillbox by putting the tanks rear facing toward the pillbox. Good luck.

Joe

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Nothing Original:

PoorBrown:<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Poor and Brown in the same sentence.

That's so wonderfully PC of you to stop by.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Still Nothing 2C Here:

I can call you a merchant banker without taking an alias. I am not Elvis, although I have claimed to be as matter of expediency.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

And we are courageous!

That wild prowling beast cometh out of the Bush and try to stun me of all Poolers with a simple BANKER?!

Err, Bauhaus, coming out of the Bush is a bit less graphical than that, surrender the crayons and you'll be fed.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Well he is dead now Dr:

If the Yankee moderators knew what impact the "W" word actually has, so you think they'd let you carry on using it?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

You mean WANKERS?!

It has an impact on you?

Gosh!!

And why stress the fact that those Moderators should be of the Yank persuasion?

Cor Blimey! Tis because you wank while we of the Old World merely fondle.

Of course we could bloody well carry on those.

They come attached you bloody jellyfish!

So we'd rather be grateful for the Powers that Be to let us both keep them at hand and use them to our convenance once in a while.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Evil:

PawBroon, are you resonsible for boy_Recon? If so, never send a boy to do a man's job<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well I don't know him/her/it so I wouldn't vouch for the bugger.

You know how often we got those already...

I say unleash Bauhaus and let him ponder the full implication of Rexford's calculus.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR> VIENNA (Reuters) - Austrian police will be paid more cash for undressing weighty corpses and sifting through human excrement for evidence, according to the interior ministry's new guidelines.

An officer is also now able to claim 338 schillings for the unpleasant job of searching through human feces for evidence of drugs. Smugglers are given a laxative upon arrest to flush out any swallowed drugs. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Couldn't read this without thinking of all the denizens of the Pool. Course, I can't figure out which you all are: Police (if so the job is clearly at the level of most of the residents in cess), corpses (some play like one), or drug smugglers (after reading some of these posts, it seems to me a balloon burst)!

Game Updates:

Iskander and I decided to run our main forces to the same place at the same time. Glorious hand-to-hand combat! Problem is he also brought a quad-20mm. Meanwhile, my remaining spotter is gleefully dropping rounds all around himself for no apparent reason.

armornut, still MIA, but ETA sometime this PM.

dalem has sent a set up that has my troops waiting at the bottom of a ski-lift, while his troops hang out in the ski chalet at the top of the mountain.

MrSpkr (still not clear on bolding of Serfs) has threatened me with a downpour of HE, and has only delivered a slight drizzle. As usual, overpromising & underdelivering. One Platoon size action taking place at close-range. He seems to think that all those rifle teams will make me feel outnumbered.

That's it for now. Now go away and play in traffic.

What is this, a Chinese fire-drill? - Sun Tzu

Speedbump

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>MrSpkr (still not clear on bolding of Serfs)<HR></BLOCKQUOTE> There has been no formal determination as to bolding (balding, on the other hand, seems to be the result of losing hair) of names. My personal preference (which should be bloody well good enough for YOU, young squire) is to bold the names of Knights, Consigliori, Squires and those Serfs who demonstrate some promise. In this case I have decided to bold the name of MrSpkr ... mostly because he likes fried okra.

Btw, your paper on Seanachai was adequate, while I think you could have found better examples I realize that sifting through all of his posts would be much worse than the "sifting" you referenced in your post and no one can expect that.

Your next assignment is a 14 page paper on "boy_Recon ... What the Hell was PawBroon Thinking?"

Joe

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by PawBroon:

Well I don't know him/her/it so I wouldn't vouch for the bugger.

You know how often we got those already...

I say unleash Bauhaus and let him ponder the full implication of Rexford's calculus.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I always sucked at math.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by bauhaus:

I always sucked at math.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

We wouldn't threaten anyone with the Unleashing of your well, capacities, if it were only for the sucking of Math!

Who forgot to bring Bauhaus to the Vet this time?!

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by MrPeng:

I cast my Vote for menschy-pooh.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Oh, so sorry Peng if anyone here gave you the idea that we (those that matter) really give a flying |CENSORED| what your opinion on the subject is. You're it boyo

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Berlichtingen:

Originally posted by bauhaus:

[qb]I always sucked.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

A truer statement I have never seen[/QB]

Is this the part where I need to confess my sins?

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by PawBroon:

We wouldn't threaten anyone with the Unleashing of your well, capacities, if it were only for the sucking of Math!

Who forgot to bring Bauhaus to the Vet this time?!<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I would offer to bring him to the Vet but he doesn't live anywhere near me and he's probably not a Phillies fan.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Carry on, chaps. Don't mind me.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE> Not to worry, old man, we weren't. Kindly advise us when the thrill of posting and seeing your "name" in print, be it only on the screen, wears off.

Joe

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Seanachai:

Must have read his own profile. Or contemplated his own existence stretching out before him like an armour penetration discussion.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Beware of those OneWorders...

Next time ShaoLin post, he'd actually accuse you of bringing that Bachibouzouk in here with you.

I did the error once and now that StalkingBoy who thinks he is the only Limey of the Board believes we have extended both welcome and sympathy.

Well stuff it Wword Kiddo!!

Joe Shaw said <BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Not to worry, old man, we weren't. Kindly advise us when the thrill of posting and seeing your "name" in print, be it only on the screen, wears off. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I take it that the Joe Shaw bit is a 'handle', and your real name is something like "SSKommandant Rhino's bottom". Otherwise aren't you making life tough on yourself by letting so many people know you're a cretin?

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Otherwise aren't you making life tough

on yourself by letting so many people know you're a cretin?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE> Look son, there's just two possibilities here, one is that you're brand spanking (sit down Bauhaus) new to the board and are, therefore, clueless. The other is that you've actually been around for a while under another name and have re-registered to preserve your identity, in which case you're spineless. Your choice.

Joe

eited to exchange "spineless" for original choice which was more accurate but less polite.

[ 05-09-2001: Message edited by: Joe Shaw ]

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Joe Shaw:

in which case you're spineless. Your choice.

Joe

[/QB]<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Oh boy, Joe's gonna get some! (Wait, Bauhaus I didn't mean it that way!) Spank him Joe! (errr, Bauhaus, maybe I did?!?!?)

Speedbump

[ 05-09-2001: Message edited by: Speedbump ]

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>I'd like to think of myself as a gifted amateur. son.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>Right then, clueless, much as I expected. Oh and I'm sorry if my usage of "son" offended you and made it appear that you're ... immature in any way. I just naturally assumed that anyone who CHOSE a handle of "boy_Recon" did so for a reason.

Joe

Is it just me, or has this thread turned into the very thing that other people were starting new threads to whine about? Now we've got hordes of smartarse newbies striding in and acting like they own the place, because they now know that they're not the only person who can't seem to exist happily in the same universe as the Peng Thread.

Either that or they're just stupid, and think that the thread really is about being obnoxious and hateful. If you want those kind of honest sentiments, go and find a thread about Enemy At The Gates or machinegun effectiveness or armour penetration (or "Look at my new car"...).