The Atheist Lobby in CM...

God

It is my considered and expert opinion that this game insufficiently models the effects of 'divine intervention' on the WW2 tactical battlefield.

The power of 'prayer' was well known to small-unit commanders and was frequently invoked by combat soldiers to gain an extra bonus in fire-fight situations. Equally well documented is the fact that Propaganda units seized on the benefits of this factor and frequently exhorted their countrymen to greater efforts by declaring 'God is on OUR side!'

Designers, please fix this or do somefink asap!

PS - Disclaimer

I feel, that in order to avoid any silly misunderstanding on the part of imbeciles, I must make clear that although my name is 'God', I am not THE God (as in The Supreme Being). Its just an uncanny coincidence that I happen to share a moniker with the Omnipotent One. In no way have I suggested in my post any connection with The Divine Entity and feel I must make this clear before anyone attempts to make this connection. After all I don't want any 'slap-happy' individual to waste their time on some pointless 'Witchfinder General' crusade trying to prove that I claim to be The Almighty when I have done no such thing. That would surely turn this board into pure 'slap-stick', no?

Actually I blame my parents for giving me his silly name - I can only presume they had high hopes for me or somefink.

Yours in Spirit,

God P. Entwhistle

I think attempts at humor should be made in areas other than religion, at least for the time being. Try bashing on the current slate of really terrible movies, venting about bad drivers, or other things. Continuing in this vein is likely to end in a block or ban.

And General Forum is the best place for OT posts.

DjB

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Doug Beman:

I think attempts at humor should be made in areas other than religion, at least for the time being. Try bashing on the current slate of really terrible movies, venting about bad drivers, or other things. Continuing in this vein is likely to end in a block or ban.

And General Forum is the best place for OT posts.

DjB<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Doug,

This is just "Kim Beazley MP Ma " and gang trying to stir the flame wars and direct BTS attention from CM2. I suggestion we all leave it alone and wait for it and them to get banned.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by JonS:

Good grief Slappy - you're seeing them everywhere. You know, you could have got a job with McCarthy no problem.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Seeing who? This is all the same person. It is just a replay of Pieper again from last year. Every board has this happen every so often -- no big deal, they will get banned, their ISPs notified, and then the board moves on. But until they are dumped, normal communications will quickly fill with jokes and harrassment of one sort or another.

Not a big deal, but BTS has way more to concentrate on that a kid who decides to start 35 accounts as a joke.

[ 09-16-2001: Message edited by: Slapdragon ]

But seriously, Doug, the reason the Bren tripod isn't modelled in CM is because it can be converted into an AA mount (I've seen it done first hand) in a few seconds flat. The German one could not. This raises many interesting questions, ie Bren Guns vs. aircraft, etc., that probably couldn't be answered by the design team at the time...

Hmmmm... does seem like an unlikely topic for a first post...Hell, who would trust anyone with a name like God P. Entwhistle!

On the other hand it seems like some of the people in this thread "have a rod up their butt with a rod up its butt-Supernintendo Chalmers, simpsons"

This coulda been a funny topic but u guys went and ruined it! Anything said by a man with a name like God P. Entwhistle has to be funny!

And I would suggest that Mr. Entwhistle crawl back to whatever sort of twisted, Monty Python skit he came from.

Whoops! Almost forgot. Hi Mom!

[ 09-16-2001: Message edited by: Captain Wacky ]

A Jew and his secretary were sitting in a coffeehouse in Berlin in 1935. The Jew was reading the Nazi anti-Semetic paper, Der Sturmer. The secretary said, 'how can you, a Jew, read such a Nazi libel sheet?' The Jew said, 'when I used to read the Jewish papers, all I learned about were pogroms, riots in Palestine, and assimilation in America. But now that I read Der Sturmer I see so much more: that the Jews control all the banks, that we dominate in the arts, and that we're on the verge of taking over the entire world. You know, it makes me feel a whole lot better.'

smile.gif

[ 09-17-2001: Message edited by: Tread Head ]

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Slapdragon:

Doug,

This is just "Kim Beazley MP Ma " and gang trying to stir the flame wars and direct BTS attention from CM2. I suggestion we all leave it alone and wait for it and them to get banned.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

*SIGH*, looks like I'm gunna get blamed for everything.

Mr.Slapdragon, I can assure you, I am not "God".

Of course, you won't believe me, but as a non-believer I'm offended that you'd think it was me.