Kwazydog, Porsche Tiger model?

Any possible chance for the Porsche-Tiger VK 4501 (P) may make it in CM2? The turrent and gun seem to be the same as modelled for the Tiger VK4501 (H) and the tracks are the same as the Ferdinand.

One or two were used as command vehicles in Ferdinand Battalions, IIRC.

hey I can dream

smile.gif

Hiya Tiger,

Hehe, Ill have to run that one past the guys, but I get a feeling it would be pretty far down the list. Ive just had a quick read and it appears that only one entered service as a command vehicle, on the East Front in early '44. Apparently the other 4 made were used for training and 3 were then converted to recovery vehicles. I dont know what happened to the last one ;)

Ill soon be starting on the German vehicle models so you asked at the right time, though there are plenty of cooler vehicles one the list Ill want to get in there first. smile.gif

Dan

Hi Guys,

Commissar, not quite done but we are getting close smile.gif Gustav, I not quite sure yet on textures and models for German vehicles yet. First priority is to get the new models out of the way and then we will see. We would like to upgrade the models slightly from CM1 to add a little extra detail, but we will see how time goes.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by KwazyDog:

We would like to upgrade the models slightly from CM1 to add a little extra detail, <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Any chance of round tires? Some animation of dust during movement in the summer? (nothing exotic, but a bit of extra eye candy would be nice if the engine can do it.) ;)

Thanks KwazyDog, I know it's a very unlikely to happen request smile.gif, but maybe while you're making the Ferdinands :D .... hehe

I came across the one used as a command vehicle in the "Combat History of Schwere Panzerjager Abteilung 653" with pictures and notes on the modifications they made to it. They covered up the hull MG opening with an armored plate and put a deflector over the driver's view port to protect against shrapnel.

Also there's a T-34 with a quad-20mm aa mount in use by the unit as well as Bergepanther with a PzIV turrent welded on top in a fixed-forward position. Neat stuff.

-Tiger

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by KwazyDog:

We would like to upgrade the models slightly from CM1 to add a little extra detail, but we will see how time goes.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I wonder if you could use some of the wonderful mods around the web? Im sure with permission any of these artists would be honored to have their mods in CM2! I know I would be :D

There's probably some difficulty in that Im not forseeing (damn legal issues!) so just a suggestion. Keep up the good work Kwazy!

Speaking for the low systems on the totem pole ;) I hope the textures will be of the same res as the current ones. All of the mod sluts will want there own , as the game ones are never to their taste anyway :D Seriously, there are still going to be lots of users without great video cards. One of the great things about this program has been that the textures are modable, there seem to be alot of people that want to make it as custom as they can.

Please keep it to a point that low end users can still run and enjoy the game. Many thanks.

I agree with Kmead, keep it low res. My computer isn't bad, but the graphics card pukes on big maps with hires grass textures. If I used nothing but hires I probably wouldn't be able to play any maps bigger than Elsdorf.

Molotov, according to AFV Interiors http://www.kithobbyist.com/AFVInteriors/234/234a.html only 89 Sd.Kfz. 234/4 were built, and many didn't reach the troops by the end of the cease fire. It would be nice to see, though.

[ 04-14-2001: Message edited by: 109 Gustav ]

I would like to add to the wishes that the default textures are rather lightweighted.

While my main computer is well equipped, I also use CM on my laptop and on my wife's computer for local TCP/IP and both have smaller 3D cards.

The is a much better chance to get third-party mods in high-res if CM's are low-res than the other way round, we would end up with high-res only.

And you cannot expect to satisfy the highest demands for quality mods in the game release anyway, at least 6 months after release mod authors will have improved.

Oh I disagree totally on the low-res texture issue. I can't stand the stock low-res stuff. White Scout Car anyone?

Please can we have hi-res textures in CM2 to start out with. And for those that don't have good video cards, whassa matta? can't afford $50 for at least a 32MB card of some sort?

I think it should be obvious to anyone who has read the board for the last while that the system requirements for CM2 will be the same for CM1, or at least not astronomically higher. Ergo, "low" resolution mods.

I, personally, have little interest in German armour and use mostly stock textures from the game while playing CM. Thanks to all the original artists who put in the hard work to create these things from scratch!

Since there are legions of people willing to put in time doing high-res mods anyway, why bother including them in CM2? There will just be discontentment no matter what KwazyDog et al do anyhow. My advice to the CM 2 design team: Keep it simple, please, and keep it on schedule! I for one will be thrilled no matter what resolution the mods are, knowing that I can depend on the dedicated mod artists around here to come up with any improvements I might want to see.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Maximus:

And for those that don't have good video cards, whassa matta? can't afford $50 for at least a 32MB card of some sort?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Nope I can't. Anyway, there's going to be enough mod makers cranking out hires mods to satisfy people with the uber computers. With a combination of hires mods and low res default textures, both the people with old and new computers will be able to run CM.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Maximus:

Oh I disagree totally on the low-res texture issue. I can't stand the stock low-res stuff. White Scout Car anyone?

Please can we have hi-res textures in CM2 to start out with. And for those that don't have good video cards, whassa matta? can't afford $50 for at least a 32MB card of some sort?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Didn't you read what people wrote?

1) There are computer that cannot be extended with a 32MB card. First of all Laptops with ATI rage mobility chipsets that are fine for current CMBO, but have 4 or 8 MB of video RAM. Extending is not possible and I'm not going to buy a Radeon (well never ATI again, anyway) or Geforce equipped Laptop just for CM2.

2) You will get high-res mods if you have low-res default. The other way round is much less likely. Also, it is futile to try to provide so good textures with stock CM2 that mod authors won't run circles around them a few months later. You cannot aim for such a large headstart.

3) Some people don't have 2x $50 for the game plus a new card. I think we all prefer that those people buy the game and use their old card. If you force them to spend the money on the card, they are more likely to pirate the game.

And some of thouse people also have old computers without AGP. It is difficult to get a $50 32 MB card with PCI bus. I think the Voodoo 4500 is the only one here and that is not $50 and has other disadvantages.