T-Shirts?

Oh man! This isn`t fair, when i first came to the board about a year ago I posted an idea regarding CM merchandise and promptly got the p*** ripped out of me for it. Mind you, since then the Cesspool has kinda taken over that role...maybe thats why everyone thinks its great now.

How about we start a "We want a T-shirt and coffee mug" thread for the attention of BTS? maybe if they get enough takers something official can be done?

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I suspect the profit margins on t-shirt sales are low enough that the opportunity cost of spending time on it for BTS is too high.

Phrased another way, it makes more economic sense for them to work on software than it does to design, produce and distribute a tshirt.

Besides, the wierd and obscure stuff you guys want written on the shirts would be nearly useless from a marketing standpoint.

Nevertheless, please accept my best wishes for your eventual satisfaction --one way or another --in this arena.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Steve P:

I think that's a great idea,perhaps some of the more gifted among us could design a logo, although getting everyone to agree to the same design could be tricky !

Warphead that's a superb site-wonderful pictures.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Why not just use the image of the title page?

Well... Like the originator said. ( I am in the NC triad also). We are right in the heart of the textile belt. I just say to use Hanes T-shirts or Beefy T's (got to help my stock wink.gif)

Seriously though. I don't think it would be legal to use anything Official from BTS. Like cover art ect...

I think it would be better to have an artist here at the board come up with a nice design and Just pass the image along for download.

I have a friend here in winston that designs a lot of T-shirts. I have had him make me several things in the past. Something that may sound cheep, but works really well on a white shirt, is the Tansfer paper you can buy for your computer printer. Just print out the file on to the Paper and Iron it on a white T-shirt. I have several with family Crest I have made. They have made it through a lot of washings and dryings. They also look really well. Ending up by request Making several for family members who liked it.

Just My .02

...thinking of a CMBO t-shirt... the people at the waffle house already think I am insane (maybe because I can read)...

Lorak

------------------

"Do not wait to strike till the iron is hot; but make it hot by striking."--William Butler Yeats

Cesspool

Combatmissionclub

Lorak's FTX

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Herr Oberst:

I want a t-shirt with Kitty's hamster mod on it, as well as the text of that first harangue about SS being over-priced Hamstertruppen.

Or better yet, a t-shirt with Kitty in it. *wink* *wink* (yes, it is supposed to be humorous, so don't drag it too far down into the gutter)

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ok, I'll sell you a hamster t-shirt. How much are you willing to pay? =)

Kitty

------------------

ICQ 8273286

http://www.fluffkitty.com

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Kitty:

Ok, I'll sell you a hamster t-shirt. How much are you willing to pay? =)

Kitty

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hmm...

1. An XXL, all cotton t-shirt.

2. On the front left breast position, the Kitty sig. You know, the =^..^= thingy.

3. The following images and text on the back.

3.a. 4 of CM's Unit Information bars for SS commanders w/hamster faces. The commanders should have no bonus insignia, for obvious reasons.

3.b. Below the images, the text of OGSF's initial rant.

For said shirt of good quality, I'll pay $20.

For said shirt of good quality, hand delivered by Kitty to the Washington DC area, I shall pay $20, a nice lunch at a local restaraunt, and a quick hot-seat game of CM.

What more could a Kitty ask for???

------------------

To the last I grapple with thee; from hell's heart I stab at thee; for hate's sake I spit my last breath at thee...

Looks like it will be a Third Party Mod.

We need BTS permission to use their logos, etc.

BTS does not need to invest ant of their time into this except in an approval process.

1. We need design(s).

2. We need someone to make the shirts with designs.

3. We need shirts.

I think a good, if not great shirt would be the cover picture of CMBO Manual (in color) on an Olive drab tee shirt.

It would be nice for us to have a list of interested customers, what should our first production run consist of?

How much would a CM shirt be worth?

Would it be cheaper to get a professionally made shirt, or home made iron on types?

Lorak, I too like the Waffle House, when I can get to one, which is rarely.

Mr. Lorak, can we PBEM each other? Might even have coffee at the Waffle House on Hanes Mill road (the only one I have been to in WS.).

[This message has been edited by Wilhammer (edited 01-05-2001).]

Hey Wilhammer

PBEM game is fine by me. If you like you can just send a file to me at the address in my profile.

As for meeting at the waffle house... That would be fine by me. I work on Hanes Mill road. So that one is the one I tend to eat at... sigh(every night). Only Problem might be that I work 4pm-12am(second shift.) But I can get away about any time I need to. SO if you come up with a date or time just let me know.

As far as the T-shirt designs. I like the cover for CMBO too. But I wonder if it might not be too busy for the front of a shirt?

I just wonder if something simple might not be a better way to go.

Hell I think on of Max's joke POTD's from CMHQ would be pretty funny too.

Lorak

------------------

"Do not wait to strike till the iron is hot; but make it hot by striking."--William Butler Yeats

Cesspool

Combatmissionclub

Lorak's FTX

and for Kitty's sake

=^..^=

Lorak,

Send me something, anything. (EDIT: I will send you something, and it will be simply a randomly generated by default 100-1500 pt. QB). Actually, I begin 4 new PBEMs tonight, three having just ended for me, one in bloody victory, the others conceeded to me.

It does not seem that you live very far from me at all, I'm near Hwys 65 and 220.

I will let you know about meeting, it would great to do a FTF discussion of CM over late lunch one weekend day before you go to work.

Might even talk about going into the T-shirt biz.

I agree on the simplicity. The old PanzerBlitz T-shirt was sharp, an isometric of a Panther in simple colors pointing right at you with the word PanzerBlitz written on the bottom, it was the cover from the old PanzerBlitz box.

I work "normal" 7-6 hours Mon-Friday, sometimes more.

Then their is Boy Scouts, Baseball Coaching, Church, Honey Do lists...

Thank God for coffee.

and CM.

[This message has been edited by Wilhammer (edited 01-05-2001).]