T-Shirts?

In my heydays as a wargaming 15,16,17 etc year old wargamer, me and my little group advertised ourselves and our hobby by wearing Squad Leader and PanzerBlitz T-Shirts. We either found opponents to beat on, or got beat up smile.gif for the effort. (Nerds were so uncool back then).

So, BTS, will you all do some T-Shirts or will this have to be a Third Party Mod?

I live in the middle of T-Shirt manufacture heaven in the Triad Area of NC, and we have some fabulous artists in the CM gamer pool, so, perhaps...

Would anyone buy CM T-shirts?

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I want one that says "Knocked Out" or "Abandoned".

------------------

"If you're in a war, instead of throwing a hand grenade at the enemy, throw one of those small pumpkins. Maybe it'll make everyone think how stupid war is, and while they are thinking, you can throw a real grenade at them." - Jack Handey

T-Shirts are an EXCELLENT idea!

I'd buy one immediately.

It's funny this thread comes up today. Besides being a writer, I work at a company as a designer of embroidered patches (mostly boyscout, girlscout.)

Just yesterday I was thinking about designing a CM patch for myself, BTS, and some of my opponents/friends here at the forum.

Havermeyer and I had this discussion a while ago. Our idea was that we could open up a shop here on the BTS forum pushing "tchoske's" (sp?). CMBO coffee mugs, T-shirts, pens, mousepads, posters, sticky notes, printer paper (for when you print out your map and mark it up), etc.

I'm reminded of the movie Space Balls where they were marketing the movie IN the movie.

Seriously, neither one of us has the wherewithal to follow through on the idea, but if someone would I'd order a T-shirt, sweatshirt and coffee mug without hesitation. I was thinking along the lines of the artwork on the manual cover or someother such thing.

------------------

Jeff Abbott

Juardis,

I saw an article a while back that discussed some internet company that would host a store like you are describing. That have the materials. You basically design your product. They make it and give you a price. You then mark it up and sell it on a web page they help make for you. You basically get the difference between their price and the markup price. I just don't remember what the place was called. I saw the article in a news link off of my Excite home page.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Mr. Clark:

Just yesterday I was thinking about designing a CM patch for myself, BTS, and some of my opponents/friends here at the forum.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hey, buddy ol pal, how's it going? -suck up mode on- I always look forward to your posts as I think they are some of the bestest. Matter of fact, I vote you most popular poster (MPP) -suck up mode off-

Do I get a patch now?

biggrin.gif

------------------

Jeff Abbott

Vomit, I've seen that site before... kinda intriguing...

Juardis, at the risk of sounding too fanboy, I'd also purchase a coffee mug! I sorta collect coffee mugs, and would love a CMBO one!

Secondly, I'm perfectly willing to make us some CMBO patches (secretly at work) However, we need to come up with a SIMPLE yet clever design first. Toss me some ideas...

The problem... I would not be able to make too many of these patches. As I said, it would be done secretly at work, and thus would be hard to mass produce...

I want a t-shirt with Kitty's hamster mod on it, as well as the text of that first harangue about SS being over-priced Hamstertruppen.

Or better yet, a t-shirt with Kitty in it. *wink* *wink* (yes, it is supposed to be humorous, so don't drag it too far down into the gutter)

------------------

To the last I grapple with thee; from hell's heart I stab at thee; for hate's sake I spit my last breath at thee...

[This message has been edited by Herr Oberst (edited 01-04-2001).]

Guest Warphead-

Maybe the most practical thing with the shirts would be to design a nice picture. And then everybody downloads it and gets his shirt at a local printing shop.

------------------

http://www.nahverteidigungswaffe.de

"Haben die Krupp-Werke Betriebsausflug? Da rollt ja halb Deutschland auf mich zu..." (Vincent)]

Vomitmeister, we have no time or motivation to follow through with the idea. Hope someone else picks up the flag and carries it though.

I think one of the best pictures would be an actual screen shot showing lots of action, lots of smoking wrecks, preferrably a building as it is collapsing with the shock wave coming from it. You could put "balloons" over select squads with various phrases such as - I'm hit, auf geben, aaaaah, don't fire until I give the order, bloody hell, the list goes on. That would be my favorite scene on a T-shir/coffee mug (OK, it'd be a big mug) smile.gif

------------------

Jeff Abbott