How about a meeting for CM players in the Bay Area?!

I followed the thread about the DC meeting and saw the picture on Combat-missions. I would really like to go to one of these "meetings" and talk to fellow CM players. Seems like fun and people here have comon interests.

So I though why not a meeting for CM players here in the Bay area (california). I know there has to be quite a few CM plaers here in the Bay Area. So why not a Bay Area CM meeting of sorts, would be fun.

I for one would go no matter where in the bay area it is. Altough I woulnd't be able to drink since I am not 21, but bah, don't matter.

So I am just wondering if anyone would be willing for a meeting here in the Bay area. I know this place is huge and a few people would have to commute, but who doesn't commute here in the bay? We all do. So how about it, who would like to go and be able to attend? I myself would go.

Regards,

Philip

p.s If people do decide to have this meeting, don't make me choose where. I don't know any good meeting places or bars or what not.

Welllll, OOOOO and AHHHH and what-not, how FANCY, and also how SHMANCY, a big time meeting for all the big time, high-class, CM'ers like yourself, well aren't you so special making a meeting.

Well I'm sorry I cannot come to this BIG TIME meeting of yours (that you have created), I'm sorry I cannot afford even shoes to come to this meeting which would be a first step to presenting myself properly.

Snipped the Latino bit.

[ 09-30-2001: Message edited by: Amidst_Void ]

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Amidst_Void:

Welllll, OOOOO and AHHHH and what-not, how FANCY, and also how SHMANCY, a big time meeting for all the big time, high-class, CM'ers like yourself, well aren't you so special making a meeting.

Well I'm sorry I cannot come to this BIG TIME meeting of yours (that you have created), I'm sorry I cannot afford even shoes to come to this meeting which would be a first step to presenting myself properly. I'm also married to a gay Latino man who I'm too Embarrased to show in public. [running away pouting]<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Whatever...... :rolleyes:

I like what Lawyer did too, Rommel. You, living in population center, probably do have many CM fans within an hours drive of you. Perhaps one of them will catch on to Lawyer's idea. The free beer is the real attractant, I think. Maybe one of the older CMers in your area will throw something together. Unfortunately, you would not be able to attend if it was in a bar. Being young is tough sometimes, eh?

Who lives between Dallas, Memphis, New Orleans, and Springfield, Mo.? We could have a CM convention in Little Rock. So what, you might have to drive 6 hours. That's what we get for living in the stix.

I'll buy a few rounds.

Treeburst155 out.

Bloody hell! I thought that prohibition had been repealed. Not being able to drink in a publis place until 21 is a bit harsh.

Live in Australia. Here you get to drink publically once you turn 18 and can legally drive a car on the roads at 16. Mind you, don't ask about the road toll per head of population... the above two situations usually don't mix. :(

Regards

Jim R.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Kanonier Reichmann:

Bloody hell! I thought that prohibition had been repealed. Not being able to drink in a publis place until 21 is a bit harsh.

Live in Australia. Here you get to drink publically once you turn 18 and can legally drive a car on the roads at 16. Mind you, don't ask about the road toll per head of population... the above two situations usually don't mix. :(

Regards

Jim R.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

4.5 times the US as it were (as a percentage of population). Of course, lots of long straight roads may also have something to do with it.

Hi,

Seems like a few people are interested. I live near Hayward (Castro Valley).

Let's wait and see if more people respond. I know there are way more people here in the bay area who play CM. So c'mon you people, lets have a meeting!

Anyone have any suggestions as to where to meet? I have no clue.

I'm up in Chico (3 hours from SF), but it would be a hard sell to the wife unless we're already down there for another reason.

If we had the meeting up here, I'd suggest the Sierra Nevada taproom - you can still get in if you're not 21, the beer batter onion rings are great, and they have lots of Sierra Nevada varieties on tap, including some specialty brews that somehow never get bottled.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Kanonier Reichmann:

Regards

Jim R.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>Yeah, it does seem a bit steep. No wonder they can't handle their grog over there and have to drink Budwusser. Not enough practice! :D

Wot's the voting age over there then?

Hi,

Fake ID ey? How about I'll buy everyone a glass of beer. Hope this draws some people to go to this meeting.

How about a bar where you have to be 18 to go. And they serve alcohol. That way I can go and people still can get beer or what not. How about it? Anyone know any bars where 18 year olds are allowed plus they serve alcohol?

Checking in from Redwood City. I'm up for it. One suggestion for a place because it's big, allows Rommell's type, has pool tables, mixes in my other hobby - about a million TV's playing sports and (usually) only sports, and has a full bar and a solid variety of beer on tap is Scores Legendary (their words, not mine) Sports bar in Foster City (at hwys 92 and 101).

Oh and I'm good for buying a round.

Lopaka,

thanx for the suggestion. The sports bar sounds interesting. Good thing they allow 18 year olds in there. Plus Foster city aint that far from where I live.

Anyone alse have any other suggestions as where to meet. If not, the sports bar will be the meeting place. We'll all have to find the directiona s how to get there.

Anyway, anyone alse interested?

So far we got 8 people interested. One is far away so might be seven. C'mon people I know there are more of you out there.

Also lets start thinking of possible dates as when to have the meeting. I can pretty much go any date any time. Since I have nothing really important gooing, yet. And I can skip school or call sick to work.

Any date is good to me!

Hrmm, if I still lived in the Bay Area, I'd suggest Heinhold's First and Last in Oakland, which has the distinction of being the oldest continuously operating bar in California, being built out of the timbers of a beached whaling ship sometime at the end of the last century. It's walls and ceilings are littered with the detritous of the last hundred years of American history, including not a few things of interest to Combat Mission afficionados. But then, I'm not impartial ;) But, really, any history buffs in the Bay Area rally ought to do themselves a favor and check this place out sometime. Having been to many (many) bars in the area, this one is still my favorite. It's located in (the otherwise tourist-y) Jack London Square of Oakland.

All IMHO :D

[ 10-02-2001: Message edited by: Sock Monkey ]

A meeting place in SF seems like the best thing. Since everyone knows how to get to San Fran. But where in San Farn. is another thing. Plus it's real far for some. But remeber it has to be a place where they allow 18 years olds. So I can show up!

So any places in SF or does the bar in Foster city seem ok?